Just ate a lot of ice cream at midnight.

Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:35 pm
Ive been having terrible cravings and i jus went nuts and had a bunch of ice cream. I think i should do the puke trick but every time i try i cant get myself to puke. I would workout but i dont wanna wake everyone up. Oh my god i hate how stupid i am. Plz help, what do i do? Btw im 13
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 13,190 • Replies: 18
Topic Closed

gungasnake

Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:57 pm
@Wonderstruck girl,
The three most basic adult human physical needs are food, sex, and sleep.

Problems arise when you aren't getting enough of one of the three, and try to substitute one of the other two. If you're really hungry and really WANT some ice cream, you probably won't suffer from it...

Another thing about food is that the foods which cause the most trouble are the unnatural ones i.e. the processed foods. Those are the foods your body has the hardest time digesting or dealing with. That means you're best off avoiding things like bread, pasta, margarine... You're actually better off eating butter than margarine.

Another thing to understand is that humans originally lived in water (Elaine Morgan), and the original human diet had to have been some combination of fruit, shellfish, and to a lesser extent fish. Our taste for sweet things originated with the fruit component of the original diet. Again you're vastly better off eating fruit than processed sugars.

Humans also have needs beyond the physical needs. Don't be eating because you really want to be out playing tennis or volleyball....

0 Replies

jespah

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 05:16 am
@Wonderstruck girl,
Today is a new day.

It's okay.

Talk to your family about maybe keeping less ice cream in the house, so you won't be tempted next time. And get your working out in at the start of the day (exercising late at night won't just keep everybody else up; you'll find you're wired, and you won't be able to sleep, either).

Hang in there. You are neither the first nor the last person to ever eat something they regretted. The trick is to learn from the experience so that you don't repeat it.
gungasnake

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 08:09 am
apples, peaches, pears, grapes.....
jespah

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:32 am
@gungasnake,
And they're mostly in season now, too!
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:38 am
@jespah,
I'm kind of surprised at your general lack of at least alarm jes.

I think there's some bad signs going on when a person feels they need to induce vomiting or immediately go and "work it off" just because they ate something.

I also believe that strict denial of "forbidden" or "bad" foods only leads to more desire for them
Ticomaya

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:43 am
@Wonderstruck girl,
Wonderstruck girl wrote:
Ive been having terrible cravings and i jus went nuts and had a bunch of ice cream. I think i should do the puke trick but every time i try i cant get myself to puke. I would workout but i dont wanna wake everyone up. Oh my god i hate how stupid i am. Plz help, what do i do? Btw im 13

Was the ice cream good? I mean, was is something like chocolate, or Rocky Road, or Cookies 'N Cream? If so, everything's fine. If it was some banana or bubblegum flavored crap, then you have issues.

The "puke trick" sounds like a very stupid trick.

If you are concerned because you just ingested a bunch of empty calories, the world is not going to end. And you are not going to gain a whole bunch of weight. If you make a habit of eating a gallon of ice cream every night, then you might have a problem.

Moderation is the key. Having a little bit of ice cream is fine. Again, having a bunch of ice cream one time is not the end of the world.

P.S.: Work out after everyone has awakened.
jespah

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:47 am
@chai2,
Eek, you're right; I must've missed that.

Okay - puke tricks - don't do 'em. Seriously. That is a lousy way to go through life. It is not the way to handle this issue.
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:53 am
@Ticomaya,
good points tico.

I'm back to mention/ask a few other things.

What the OP's defintion of "a bunch" a spoonful, a cup, a gallon?

yeah, trying to induce vomiting for a cup of ice cream would be hard, not to mention stupid. It's liquid by then and all that would come up would be some gross gruel. Sorry if this offends anyone, but inducing vomiting for ice cream?

Here's a 13 year old girl that feels bad enough about herself that she can't even enjoy what a 13 year old is supposed to be enjoying. She hasn't even started her life yet and she's worried about stuff like this?

My wondering brings me to the question of why she didn't just eat a bowl of ice cream at 8pm, enjoy the hell out of it, and enjoy blissful sleep at midnight instead of being up trying to make herself vomit, or thinking about working out when she should have been abed and dreaming good things.

Where have we as adults come to where we would even begin to consider this normal?
chai2

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:57 am
@chai2,
based on this thread, the girls got a lot of issues.

http://able2know.org/topic/219273-1#post-5401328
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 17 Aug, 2013 12:03 pm
@chai2,
I think we all, including the thread poster, see the flags.

I agree with you, Chai, about the strict denial thing.
I agree with Jes about the normal way to look at eating a lot of a dessert once, thus doing a "baddie". I think Jes meant that in the get over it and move on and do well sense.
I've had enough friends who binge to be chary re the situation and I'm no therapist/psychiatrist.
On the other hand, a lot of people can make themselves stop that.

Moderation is not silly. (Did I make that sentence up or is it part of a song?)

Edited to explain what I meant better.
0 Replies

johnats

Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:03 am
Please don't do the puking after eating thing. It is very unhealthy to make that a habit or even an option. It is better to show restraint towards your cravings and try to avoid having high calorie food. Opt for lesser calorie options when you have them. Or reduce the amount you consume.
0 Replies

stevem13

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 12:31 am
@Wonderstruck girl,
Relax, you can work out the next day. We all have cravings. Do not beat yourself up with criticism when you give in to your cravings.
0 Replies

Shawn909

Fri 4 Apr, 2014 05:39 pm
@Wonderstruck girl,
We all mess up sometimes and it is ok. Just get back on track tomorrow. Don't worry about working out now. Just know that tomorrow will be a better day.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 4 Apr, 2014 08:22 pm
Oh boy! Thanks to everyone for reminding me I have 1.5 quarts of French vanilla in the freezer.

Note that the half gallon size declined to 1.5 quarts last summer. Not that I noticed the price dropping by the price of a pint.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 07:49 am
@Wonderstruck girl,
If you're binging and purging you need to see a psychologist for an eating disorder. Better that, than continuing to do it and eroding away your esophagus from all the stomach acid being brought up. Not only will it dissolve away your teeth making your smile resemble that of a meth head, but it can permannently screw up your insides resulting in necrosis on the tissues involved (skin dies and rots.)
0 Replies

George

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 08:17 am
The really cool thing about A2K is that you can go back in time and give
advice to someone two years ago.
tsarstepan

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 08:22 am
@George,
Especially if they've been away themselves for several years and will likely never be back to read any newer responses.
0 Replies

syfsupps

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 09:20 pm
@Wonderstruck girl,
oh no... lotsa calories on that... you better reduce your intake unless you're not into losing weight. Wink
0 Replies