teen diets

Green Witch

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:34 pm
notsohot, go back and read the first 6 pages of this thread, all the answers and links you need about weight and weight lose are there.
0 Replies

BABIIGIRL753

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 02:39 pm
I WEIGH 116 POUNDS AND I FEEL LIKE I AM OVER WEIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE A HUGE GUT AND ITS EMBARESING. ALL MY FRIENDS ARE ABLE TO GET RIDE OF THEIR BELLY FAT EXCEPT ME, NO MATER HOW MANY SIT UPS AND CRUNCHES I DO. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIMME ME SOME IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO ..?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 03:27 pm
Babiigirl, go back and read the first 6 pages of this thread, all the answers and links you need about weight and weight lose are there.

Some people just carry more belly weight than others. You can only lose fat in your waist by dropping pounds overall, but you can not really target one area for fat removal unless you have surgery.
0 Replies

teenage

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 04:32 pm
i'm fat!!!!!!!!!1
i need to lose some weight but its so hard for me...cuz i cant stop eating choclate and junk! i weigh like 163 and i'm 5'9 in a half and allmost 5'10...somtimes it dont look like i'm fat but under the close i am
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 04:49 pm
You can find out what you should weigh here:

Ideal Weight

then go back and read the first 6 pages of this thread to find out how to get there.
0 Replies

X jUsTaGiRl X

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 10:54 am
HeLp!

Hey every1.. Im 13 nearly 14 and im 10 stone.. I hate the way i look.. and envy my friends because theu're so skiny.. i cant go outside my house with out thinkin people are looking at me.. I hate being around boys because im so ugly.. But all my friends are so skiny and attractive so they're always with the boys.. I dont want to goto a doctor cause it will just make me feel worse and embarassed.. I tryed cutting dwn on junk food and eating healthy but i end up eating more junk food than ever...
How can i loose weight?..HELP.. This over weight problem is ruining my life.. Sad Sad Embarrassed Sad Sad
0 Replies

X jUsTaGiRl X

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 10:55 am
WEIGHT
Hey every1.. Im 13 nearly 14 and im 10 stone.. I hate the way i look.. and envy my friends because theu're so skiny.. i cant go outside my house with out thinkin people are looking at me.. I hate being around boys because im so ugly.. But all my friends are so skiny and attractive so they're always with the boys.. I dont want to goto a doctor cause it will just make me feel worse and embarassed.. I tryed cutting dwn on junk food and eating healthy but i end up eating more junk food than ever...
How can i loose weight?..HELP.. This over weight problem is ruining my life.. Sad Sad
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 11:24 am
JustAGirl
Go back and read the first 6 pages of this thread about how to weight lose.

However, I don't think your problem is so much about your weight as it is about self-esteem. I think you need to find a person (a counselor or psychologist) who can help you deal with your feelings about yourself as a person, because until you do that- losing weight will not change your life.
0 Replies

okiChikii

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:50 am
what to do with this weight??
ok I know that a couple of girls have asked you these questions on how to lose the weight, but I also want to know, and I would love it if i would just get pointed in the right direction. It hurts because today i got my height and weight done, I'm 5'2" and weigh 140 pounds i know that's a lot and I live in Japan all I see all day are skinny girls and it makes me really REALLY self conscience :[ i don't want to feel this way but I'm moving in June and it would be nice to lose something before i leave Japan :] any other tips besides eating healthy WHICH IS HARD ^_^ and exercising which i try to do often as i can???
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 07:26 am
Re: what to do with this weight??
okiChikii wrote:
ok I know that a couple of girls have asked you these questions on how to lose the weight, but I also want to know, and I would love it if i would just get pointed in the right direction. It hurts because today i got my height and weight done, I'm 5'2" and weigh 140 pounds i know that's a lot and I live in Japan all I see all day are skinny girls and it makes me really REALLY self conscience :[ i don't want to feel this way but I'm moving in June and it would be nice to lose something before i leave Japan :] any other tips besides eating healthy WHICH IS HARD ^_^ and exercising which i try to do often as i can???

There are no diet secrets. The only way to lose weight is eat better (usually less) and move more. Try cutting out 100 calories a day (get rid of all liquid calories like soda and juice, replace with ice tea or water) and go for a long walk with some dance music on your iPod instead of watching an hour of TV. You can lose weight just by making little changes like that.
0 Replies

brittni08

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 01:01 am
how do i lose weight fast?
im a 17 yer old girl, i weigh 190 and i have alot of health problems, my health problems arent caused by my weight, but i know its not helping. and i recently found out i have a kidney problem and i have alot of stressful things goin on in my life. i need to lose weight fast so i can overcome all these problems. i have no problem with running but im limited by a heart problem, and my dad isnt very good at buying healthy food. what can i do??? i need a solution and FAST
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:17 am
Unfortunately, it's not going to be fast, fast, fast.

If you like running but are hampered by heart issues, how about walking? I suggest speaking with your doctor before starting any exercise program, but walking is generally okay even for pretty serious cardiac patients. Might also be able to do some very mild (as in 5 - 10 lbs.) of weight training but again, talk to your doctor first.

As for your diet and what your Dad buys, the best thing to do is to go food shopping with him. Make a list and stick with it -- Dad, we're getting skim milk, skinless chicken breast, salad mix, low fat dressing, green beans and brown rice -- or whatever. If you can't go (or if he goes when you're at school or the like), try just giving him the list. Make it as readable, organized and easy to follow as possible, even going so far as listing things by aisle if you can. I think most people will follow directions if they're easy. It's worth a shot. Your Dad might welcome a little input into the menu and a little help in deciding what to get. Hamburgers every night has got to get boring some time.
0 Replies

coliefun

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 04:09 pm
okayy.
so im 13.
and im 5'5' almost 5'6

and i weigh 150ishh.

i HATE IT!!!!
i feel so fat.
and i feel un pretty.
i mean im always hungry! and i eat when im hungry. and i dont drink alot of waterr. which i know i shouldd. and like how do i lose weight!??!
my mom also says that im always hungry becuase i burn my food off quickly. so i dont know!! and i wanna be a vegetarian but like my mom knows but i cant tell my dad. and i dont know if its bad to be a vegetarian.
please help??
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 04:20 pm
It's only bad to be a vegetarian if you replace lean protein with junky carbs like white pasta and cinnamon buns. A high fiber grain diet with lot's of veggies, whole fruits (not juice) and low processed soy is perfectly healthy.
Get a book like Diet for A Small Planet for advice and recipes.

There's good general advice in the first 6 pages of this thread.
0 Replies

skittles105

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:30 am
im 13 and i weigh 190
my cousins make fun of me all thi tima and that makes me sad i dont wat to do sumtimes i no i have to lose wight and fast wat should i do! Crying or Very sad
skittles105

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 06:34 am
bubbagrl 11 wrote:
Could someone help me too?? i have kind of the same problem as holister_hottie. im 13 and i weight 150 lbs.(!!!) im having trouble dieting right.
i get jealous of my friends because they are skinny, and i want to look like them. im a size 10-almost 15. it makes me both mad and sad that i am having trouble losing weight. please help me someone!!!

i no how u feel i have the same
prob and i am also jealous of my friendz Shocked
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 09:20 pm
@Montana,
but how many calories do you know how to eat
Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:04 pm
@megancoleman08,
Depends on your age, sex, height and activity level. A person who is active can eat more than a person who sits in front of the TV or computer in their spare time. Here is a link to a calculator to help you determine a number. I thought the number a little high for me, but I always had a pokey metabolism :

http://www.shapefit.com/dailycalorie-calc.html

You can find sites that tell you the calories in food by Googling.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 03:34 pm
umm,i say being is a vegitarian is a good thing ,only if you know why you want to be a vegetarian(you dont like harming animals or you were raised that way or simply cause you dont like meet).BUT if your being a vegitarian just to lose wait ,your gonna dissapoint yourself cause meet has alote of fiber and lots of other good stuff for you! Eating meet is not why your over wait its cause you eat alote of carbs,calories,or faty stuff,and mostly sugar,like soda or candy.Here are some tips to help you !
-eat your food before 8:00
-eat lots of healthy food for you
-eat fish at least 1 a week ,(FISH IS REALLY GOOD FOR YOU)
-eat 1-2 raw fruits a day
-excersise for at least 30 minutes a day
-DRINK LOTS OF WATER(if you drink water you pee alote,srry,BUT its impotant,you pee out FAT ,so if you drink water it replenishes your body,and filters out bad stuff
-know which diet your going on,limeted calories or no fats or no carbs
-OH AND IF YOU DRINK 8-10 GLASSES A DAY ITS GOOD,OH AND A GOOD TIP IS THAT TRY AND DRINK A FULL GLASS OF WATER BEFORE YOU EAT,IT FEELS YOU UP FASTER,AND AFTER !AND ICE COLD WATER HELPS YOU BURN AT LEAST 60 CALORIES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO GOOD AND RECONSITER THE VEGITARIAN OR ANEREXIA ITS BAD FOR YOU TO NOT EAT!AND NOT EAT MEAT
-------------------------------------------------
GOOD LUCK-<3 MEGANCOLEMAN08
jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 05:18 pm
@megancoleman08,
You've got some good ideas (you're absolutely right about fish and water), megan, but meat has zero fiber. Fiber, by definition, is the inedible part of plants. It's mainly cellulose. Animals do not make it and that's the reason why we can't digest it. It ends up -- warning, I'm about to gross you out -- as essentially the framework for your poo, which is why it helps with digestion and regularity. And in helping you feel fuller longer -- it hangs on in a more or less whole form until you excrete it out, unlike sugar, etc. which is absorbed and used.

Here's a good article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_fiber