The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

revelette2

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:17 pm
@maporsche,
I don't want to think that far ahead. I would rather think of now and what we can do now to form a more productive party.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:53 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
I don't want to think that far ahead. I would rather think of now and what we can do now to form a more productive party.

Do you think we should keep Donna Brazile or get rid of her completely?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 05:22 pm
I wonder if Hillary and Bill will go back to giving speeches again that so many Democrats thought had nothing to do with pay to play

They will be billionaires before you know it. Rolling Eyes

Maybe we should start a new party and call it the Progressive party?

Krumple

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 05:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I wonder if Hillary and Bill will go back to giving speeches again that so many Democrats thought had nothing to do with pay to play

They will be billionaires before you know it. Rolling Eyes

Maybe we should start a new party and call it the Progressive party?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAs8tQSB4JM[/youtube]

The CF has pocketed more money than the average american makes in 30 years.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 06:26 pm
I love Russian propaganda as it is often called even though I do not know a single Russian.

The future DNC chairman warned old establishment Democrats but they had their heads in the clouds but to be honest, "haven't we all at some point in our lives done the same thing?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's hard to imagine anyone would be willing to pay them the obscene sums they commanded when they remained figures of considerable political power.

Oh, I'm sure Bill gives an entertaining speech and as an ex-president he will get speaking gigs, and so might Hillary for a little as certain groups hope they can score a speech where she rips into President Trump, but they were collecting $500K and $750K fees not for their sterling wit and amusing anecdotes. The were being paid for play. No power to play and you're just another ex-president and secretary of state.

In all likelihood the entire Clinton Machine will be dismantled by the new leaders of the Democrat Party and they won't even have the sort of power the Mafia don sent to prison exerts over his "family" on the outside. Having an inside track to Debbie Wasserman Schultz, John Podesta or even Terry McAuliffe won't be of much marketable value.

Hillary has now made the Clinton's LOSERS twice and in politics everyone loathes a loser. She was lucky Obama was willing (I still don't understand why) to help her keep her presidential ambitions alive by making her his Secretary of State and swatting aside poor, loyal Joe Biden. The Machine was still running strong and dedicated to making her president, but that's all over now.

No matter what excuses are made about Comey or the immeasurable virulent hatred of the Deplorables, she's the Democrat who lost to Donald Trump. Often just losing to any opponent in the presidential election is enough to banish the party's standard bearer into the wasteland (See McGovern, Mondale and Dukakis to name three) but you don't get more than two strikes, and to lose to someone whose candidacy was seen to be a joke? Unforgivable

They'll lead very comfortable lives and he has the former president ticket that get's him into just about any place, but she will be a scorned pariah, and they won't continue to pack in millions at anything like their former rate.

I almost feel sorry for her...nahhh
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 05:51 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not sure it's over. There are too many articles hitting regarding a big neoliberal push by the Clintons, Soros and others toward a borderless global financial cooperative.

Writers mention her purple clothing, the national party she and Bill have been pushing since his appearance on the scene-- centrism to appeal to Dems and Republicans. One of her emails mentioned her neoliberal dream of a global society where people's voices are lost in a global competition for profit.

They may be done with being the public faces in politics, but now that the cash cow of their foundation is sucking in plenty, they may revert to behind the scenes king-making of fresh-faced pawns.

My advice--don't be distracted from what they do. There are people and entities who are fighting for globalization. The people have risen up in Britain and the US in a wild attempt to slap it down. Obama has thrown us out a little capitulating bone by strangling the TPP in its crib, but I don't trust it.

Don't stop watching.
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 05:55 am
@reasoning logic,
They have access to about 3 billion through their foundation slushfund. It pays for Chelsea's wedding and her jet setting lifestyle.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 06:04 am
@Lash,
The push for globalization by big money is a push to build a network for and of big money, making national governments irrelevant.
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 06:08 am
@edgarblythe,
This is why I'm so suspicious of Obama unceremoniously dumping the TPP. I just don't buy it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 06:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, have you been following the fight for the DNC chair? Dean came out hard for it; Bernie backed Ellison, and then the Dem establishment got in line behind Ellison.... lol, making the progressives wonder about Ellison.

So now, it seems the progressives doubt Bernie and Ellison. Tim Canova, who ran against DWS says Ellison is tainted with Soros money... So, complicated.

Have you been watching this?
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 07:03 am
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/14/502021122/bernie-sanders-calls-for-fundamental-reassessment-of-democratic-party?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Brother Bernie has some ideas about what the Dem party should look like.

I'm buying his book today. 👊🏼
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 07:10 am
The primary problem we face now is that because of the American people allowing these assholes to change key laws and regulations, we are stuck with an aging crew of geriatric mobsters who've made politics a career that costs millions to get your foot in the door.

We have to start solving that problem now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 07:36 am
@Lash,
I have not followed it. I expect the leaders of the party to build larger bunkers, not reform.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 07:41 am
Here's a little news. Bernie put Ellison up for the post, but when the lizards crawled out from their rocks and approved him, the hair prickled on the back of my neck.

I think they imagine if they concede a couple of things to Bernie and the progressives, they can get more of what they want later...

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/top-democrats-line-progressive-keith-ellison-dnc-chair/story%3Fid%3D43468143?client=safari
maporsche

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 09:36 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

They have access to about 3 billion through their foundation slushfund. It pays for Chelsea's wedding and her jet setting lifestyle.

Have any evidence of that 3 billion? I believe I've already shot you down on this issue at least once.
farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 09:38 am
@maporsche,
obsessions die hard for that lady. She is as many have discovered, not too concerned with facts. A 501 c-3 has specific rules in tax reporting. The Clinton foundation has been OCD open re: their taxes and "incomes"

(Unlike the president elect"
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 09:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well now that the Clinton's are done in politics (no way Hillary gets the nomination in 2020)....if they get paid for any more speeches what will you think the reasoning would be then?

I mean if their speaking fees and occasions are similar to what they were 6 years ago, will you be able to admit that $250k is just the going rate for speaking events for these two individuals?
farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 09:42 am
@maporsche,
I have an author friend who gewts anywhere from 40 to 80 k for a single speech engagement (expenses are paid extra0.
So the market is based upon 2010 dollars, not 1950.
0 Replies

skirby

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 11:22 am
@Lash,
Who are the lizards? I've always liked Ellison and hope he gets it too.
0 Replies