The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

Below viewing threshold (view)
Krumple

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:20 am
@reasoning logic,
Yes Reason, I am well aware that you are the exception to the generalizations that I make. Not every liberal is like you however..
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:27 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Liberalism & Progressivism are mental disorders.

I bet you wish you could write the DSM-5. Would you reclassify cluster B disorders as Gifts from God?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:31 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Yes Reason, I am well aware that you are the exception to the generalizations that I make. Not every liberal is like you however..

We have extremists among all groups who do some crazy things but we can find common ground with members of their groups who are not quite so extreme.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:39 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Well, I was also going to point out the laughable hypocrisy (and possibly irony) involved in whining and complaining about the use of a phrase like "uneducated white males" - calling it an "unctious[sic] conddescending[sic] phrase" - while simultaneously rejoicing in the "taunting daily tweets" of the guy who has made a career out of condescending, insulting, and offending people.

Oh I believe there is a significant difference between the respective actions. The "uneducated white males" thing was an endlessly repeated, self-serving rationalization that well illustrated the underlying conceit, and lack of awareness of the crowd which embraced it so assiduously. A very revealing slip. Trump's tweets are a somewhat new feature of political discorse that he used very effectively, initally to bypass a largely hostile Republican Party establishment, and later in the campaign a hostile Liberal Media one. Now he is using it to distract and waste the energies of a badly disorganized Democrat party that appears to be leaderless and stuck in an odd but intense state of indignation, denial and rationalization. At the same time he has made significant progress in reunifying the Republican party, delivering a clear message to the American people, and in assembling what appears to be a very capable team of strong, accomplished appointees who appear to reinforce his message and expressed intentions.

All of this is, of course, only promise and appearance now. The next six months will tell us a lot..

old europe wrote:

However, I'll admit that I might not have sufficient knowledge of American history to say whether this is just an aberration, or whether the standards of American conservatives have always been this low (or possibly lower). So I'll defer to your superior knowledge and experience when putting the current, incredibly low standards of American conservatives regarding what passes as Presidential behavior into a wider societal and historical context.

Nice formulation: very much in character. History is indeed a severe judge, and both the common humanity and the differing prejudices and perspectives of peoples everywhere are evident in it. You still reflect the Ruropean views of Americans that can be seen throughout the literature of the last two centuries, and we are still trying to work out the awful legacy of colonialism and the work of Lloyd George and Gorges Clemenceau in the Middle East.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 12:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Do any Democrats like Bernie? Could we show the world what ethical politicians look like by starting debates with Bernie Sanders against Jill stein? I personally think it would look close to Jesus debating himself. What do you think?

A bum versus a whore... You might could actually sell a few tickets.

Sanders was too much of a bum to even make it as a hippie:

http://theteriobrienshow.tumblr.com/post/143109386057/1970s-crazy-bernie-sanders-kicked-out-of-hippie

The guy actually looks MORE ike a bum than Red Skeltonś old Freddy the Freeloader character:
http://www.bearfabrique.org/Misc/bumpower.jpg

Likewise no self-respecting whore would take Soros/Clinton money to try to delay the EC process and throw a landslide election into the US House of Representatives and risk starting a second civil war in so doing. Jill Stein is the kind of NON-self-respecting whore you see doing donkey shows at county fairs or down there in Tiajuana.

NSFW (view)
gungasnake

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 03:04 pm
@Frugal1,
They sure are doing a good job reducing gun violence in Chicago, only some four thousand or so shootings last year. There probably are some entire states in which that many deer don´t get shot in a year...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 10:14 pm
Have you heard of the Nina Turner Show?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:34 pm
House GOP votes to gut independent ethics office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-votes-gut-independent-ethics-office-014247453--politics.html
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 11:51 pm
This young man claims to be white trash from coal country but I think he gets it even though he voted for Hillary.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 09:37 am
@Frugal1,
I don't think that repeated use of such cartoons accomplishes much.

You've made your point adequately already, and the continuation merely adds to the vitriol here.
revelette1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 10:14 am
I sure hope Obama doesn't fade into the background, we need his and Bernie's abilities to light fires (metaphorically speaking) on issues in the public eyes.

Democrats prepare major effort to save Obamacare