The new Democratic party. What will it look like?

georgeob1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 09:03 am
Newly reelected House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi yesterday assured a reporter that "the Democrat Party is not looking for a new direction",while affirming a continuation of the recent focus and platform of the Party, and characterizing the recent election reversal as merely typical, suggesting a Democrat rebound is coming soon. She also affirmed their focus will remain on protecting working familes in the country.

Conceivably she could be correct. However most of the available anecdotal evidence suggests that something more significant than she has conceded has occurred in the political scene of the country. Indeed it appears that it was precisely the working families, which she identifed as their primary focus, who rejected their candidates for President, Congress and state government in such large numbers, reducing Democrat control to big city enclaves on both coasts.

I suspect the truth will emerge in the coming months as the early legislative and executive initiatives in the new administration play out.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 09:47 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you have evidence for your claim?

Not handy, but it's out there.
Try researching it on your own.
layman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 10:06 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I've actually read some of pieces in question with Ellison and from what he can tell, he wasn't promoting antisemitism but rather promoting number one, free speech and number two blacks having a right to have alternative viewpoints and number three, the right of Palestinians which does not mean antisemitism despite people saying it is. He was involved in the Islamic State but he disavowed it publicly because of it's more extremist violence views so to speak as time went on. As far as I know, Sessions has not disavowed his past statements and views.

"As far as you know," eh? Seems like you have read a lot about Ellison, but nothing about Sessions. As would be expected, of course.
Frugal1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:05 pm
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dancing-with-insanity/article/2608708#
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:38 pm
@layman,
Well here is your chance to show you are more than mouthy. show a link proving he disavowed his past remarks.
revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:39 pm
@Frugal1,
Yeah, right.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:39 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Well here is your chance to show you are more than mouthy. show a link proving he disavowed his past remarks.

Do your own research, sister.
revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:42 pm
@layman,
Kind of what I thought. I doubt "it is out there" and I am not going to waste time looking for something that probably ain't there.
layman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:46 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I am not going to waste time looking

Exactly what I would expect from a cheese-eater.
revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:16 pm
@layman,
I take it you don't like cheese? Not even those fancy cheeses which kind of stinks? Me, I love Italian cheeses.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 03:33 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
He was involved in the Islamic State

Islamic State? The brutal terrorist organization that beheads people they don't agree with?

I think you might be confused with the Nation of Islam, Farrakhan's organization..
Frugal1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 04:14 pm
https://pajamasmed.hs.llnwd.net/e1/lifestyle/user-content/36/files/2016/12/orson_welles_obamacare_pajamasboy_banner_12-4-2016.sized-770x415xc.jpg
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 04:50 pm
What the new democrat party looks like now.

http://www.rushimg.com/cimages//media/images2/jurassic-dems-120516/1566874-1-eng-GB/Jurassic-Dems-120516.jpg
layman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 04:59 pm
@Frugal1,
I saw Jack Kennedy inaugurated, I saw him on TV. I saw him get assassinated, and, Frug, I can tell ya this: Them fogies aint no Jack Kennedy.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 05:33 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I don't know where you are getting it that the news is ignoring the recount,

I should have worded it differently. I listen to a lot of the news sources that back trump and they seem not to care about election integrity. The coverage that I hear on that side is that it is evil to do a recount.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 06:34 pm
@Frugal1,
Yes and according to Nancy they don't need any new directions or faces (perhaps she was just referring to herself, as it appears she has already had) several). I believe the picture you posted frames the matter very well).

On a more serious plane I will be very surprised if they don't make some significant changes during the coming six months- certainly if, as it appears he will, Trump makes a good start.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 06:37 pm
@layman,
Oh, well, if you said it, it has to be true, because you watched Jack Kennedy get assassinated.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 06:39 pm
@nimh,
I did, thank you for correcting me (a big difference).
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 08:34 am
https://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2016/12/06/why-are-leftists-such-pansies/
McGentrix

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 03:49 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
The New York Times, a former newspaper, now reads like a 12-year-old girls' sleepover after a mouse got in. It's embarrassing

Made me lol