InfraBlue

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What's your point?

Some are always disappointed and angered about any result that can go either way.

The Founders knew what they were doing and did everything they could to avoid tyranny.

Ironically, the tyranny of the minority vote won this election.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:55 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
Voters were targeted in states critical in the electoral college system that determined the outcome of the election.

And this did, or didn't work out for them?

It won them the election.

Builder wrote:
And how would this be different from any other election cycle?

Usually, the electoral vote reflects the popular vote. This is only the fifth instance in which the electoral vote circumvented the popular vote.
Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:24 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

And yet all the exit polls indicated the opposite result, to the point where the MSM was referring to Hillary as President Clinton, right from the start of proceedings.

Quote:
Usually, the electoral vote reflects the popular vote.

I went through the tallies, and I don't see that at all. The people spoke.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 11:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Because it's not pure democracy and was never intended to be.

We are a Republic (Thank God!)
Of course a republic can be democratic - yours is. Just voting laws differ from other countries. (I doubt that there are many countries having exactly the same laws regarding voting.)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 12:04 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Not sure how you are equating protesting to a candidate not conceding an election though. Yeah I'm sure there are protesters that will take it too far and they deserve criticism, but a candidate not conceding would have made such protests and their excesses much worse.

In short you should expect a different degree of criticism when you are running for the nation's highest office versus being a street protester.

The left persists in interpreting Mr. Trump's debate remark as an indication that he would foment a revolution if he lost. It fits their narrative. I believe he simply meant that if he saw evidence of a lot of voter fraud, he would challenge the result in court.
Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 01:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The left persists...... It fits their narrative.

What is "their narrative" exactly??

You sound like a bad recording of an old song.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 01:42 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

And yet all the exit polls indicated the opposite result, to the point where the MSM was referring to Hillary as President Clinton, right from the start of proceedings.

Yep.

Builder wrote:
Quote:
Usually, the electoral vote reflects the popular vote.

I went through the tallies, and I don't see that at all. The people spoke.

I don't know what you mean by, "the people spoke" but, the tallies show that Clinton won more popular votes than Trump.
Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 01:54 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
the tallies show that Clinton won more popular votes than Trump.

By five hundred thousand. I saw that. If you take it state by state, Hillary whooped arse in several states, and got her arse kicked in others.

Trump won. You either accept the way the system works, or you don't accept it.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:20 am
@Builder,
That Trump won does not negate the fact that the system is flawed. It could be improved.
Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:25 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
It could be improved.

So could ours in Australia. If someone with less than five % of the vote is dictating policy, then Heuston, we have a problem.

The whole issue I'm seeing with the Trump win, is that there aren't any viable 3rd party options. If it's just steak or bread, where's the cheese?

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 09:05 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
The left persists...... It fits their narrative.

What is "their narrative" exactly??

You sound like a bad recording of an old song.

Their narrative is that he's a madman. Pretending that his comment meant that he would start a revolution if he lost is intended to further this narrative. As for the second part of your post, insult is the lowest form of debate and not an argument.
Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 03:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Their narrative is that he's a madman.

That may be the case, but the "left" isn't left at all. The DNC isn't even remotely "left" any more than their selected representative.

Both parties are for themselves today. Greed trumps all, unfortunately.

It's why the people are largely disconnected from the show.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 03:45 pm
https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/598130190359668/
giujohn

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 04:47 pm
@Builder,
THAT is one funny video!!!
Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 07:27 pm
@giujohn,
He certainly gets the point across. :-)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 06:49 pm
Trump enunciates approval of gay marriage from his golden throne. So, cool. One issue down, 23, 532 to go. Very happy to have this one in my column.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305803-trump-diverts-from-gop-fine-with-supreme-courts-gay-marriage

Krumple

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 07:50 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Trump enunciates approval of gay marriage from his golden throne. So, cool. One issue down, 23, 532 to go. Very happy to have this one in my column.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305803-trump-diverts-from-gop-fine-with-supreme-courts-gay-marriage

I just have to point out. Lash you were bashed more than Trump was on this board. And he was bashed a lot. I noticed how most of them are no longer around. Funny how that is. Your comments werent even that extreme they just dont want to admit you were right on some stuff.
Lash

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 07:53 pm
@Krumple,
Nods.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2016 10:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
MrCLWDubb
the propaganda worked on a lot of people who were too lazy to research for themselves instead of listening to bullshit. Im a black male. Got tired of having SJWs, feminist, PC culture, the far left liberal silence brigade shoving bullshit down our throats and telling me my white male friends are privileged and racist. Telling me i must agree with BLM and that my little girl better be ok with a lil boy who feels like a girl using the restroom together with her. Trump won because there are a lot people like me who are tired of the bullshit.

A quote pulled.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 12:47 am
@Krumple,
Heretics are often dealt with more harshly by True Believers than their ideological enemies, and for the Clintonistas in this forum any refusal by the Berners to bury the hatchet and pull for Clinton was considered heresy.

Add to this the fact that some of them never, in the first place, bought Lash's conversion to the progressive school of thought and you have the makings for the sort of nasty animosity you observed.

Any criticism of Clinton has been seen as extreme by this group, and Lash is not the only one to have met their wrath. Edgar and Chicago Joe were two who took a lot of incoming and likely are being blamed for Clinton's loss.

Most but not all of them have taken a hiatus from the forum but that's understandable.

First of all they probably feel miserable about the result and are trying not to think about it. If they've avoided A2K, they are probably avoiding watching the news, or even social media like Facebook.

Secondly they really don't want to be exposed to gloating by Trump supporters, however, for the most part, it seems to me that there hasn't been much of it, and less than there was when Obama beat Romney. This is understandable too. No one likes a sore loser, but everyone hates an obnoxious winner.

Finally, some of them must be embarrassed by their bold predictions of a Clinton landslide and a Trump humiliation. Such statements may feel good at the time, but they can bite you in the ass if the world doesn't back you up.

Most will be back though. I suspect a number of them have been looking in since the election, even though they are not ready to reveal their presence.

With a couple of exceptions, I hope they come back. I've little hope that they will in anyway be humbled by the result of this election and most will dedicate themselves to vigorously criticizing, but the place won't be the same without them.

I myself was on a hiatus from the site until the election was decided, and if Clinton had won, I almost certainly would not have returned, but she didn't and I just couldn't resist coming back to see what the reactions were like. Not sure if I will be staying for long, but it's more interesting now than it had been in a long time.

Foolishly I didn't at all anticipate the demonstrations, but if I had I would have anticipated that they would lead to violence and they have which is pretty sickening, but maybe our absent members aren't avoiding this place, but are marching in the streets of their cities with "He's not my president!" written in Magic Marker on their foreheads.