layman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 04:36 pm

RIGHT NOW!

HE MEANS IT!!
giujohn

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:36 am
@layman,
The face of the bleeding heart liberal... poster boy (?) for liberal lunacy.
layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 06:45 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

The face of the bleeding heart liberal... poster boy (?) for liberal lunacy.

Yeah, I understand your insertion of the question mark. I should never have used any kind of pronoun. I was subjecting myself to an onslaught by the cheese-eaters whether I said he or she.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 08:15 am
I may have to search around for other sites if more of our previous members do not come back or show up more. The quality of this one has gone down hill considerably.
layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 08:22 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I may have to search around for other sites if more of our previous members do not come back or show up more. The quality of this one has gone down hill considerably.

The Daily Worker probably has a posting board, eh?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:12 pm
@revelette2,
Gone down hill because the typical libs on the site are still reeling from the loss and haven't recovered yet.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 12:50 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

It's good to observe thoughtful dispassionate observers of the national scene. People focused on the issues and on achieving greater understanding of multiple perspectives on them, and who have the wisdom to distinguish between ideas & opinions and the people who hold them: people eager to encounter different perspectives on issues and to deal with them, and disagreement about them without the emotional baggage that usually attends the insecure and narow-minded folks among us.

We will survive the loss of a few intolerant whiners who can't function in the absence of a crowd of claques.
layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 01:11 pm
@georgeob1,
Well, George, I think ya gotta acknowledge that not all people are equally worthy of consideration. Basically, there are only two kinds of people, to wit:

1. Honest, informed, caring, morally responsible, brilliant people who voted for Clinton, and

2. Deplorables.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 02:01 pm
@layman,
That does appear to be a widely held view.

I did enjoy the two ladies in the video you posted in another thread. They reassured me of the inate wisdom of most people. Where do you find this stuff??
layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 02:15 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I did enjoy the two ladies in the video you posted in another thread. They reassured me of the inate wisdom of most people. Where do you find this stuff??

Yeah, they ROCK. They aint no chumps. If you're interested in such things, click on the "view on youtube" symbol in that link. There's a lot more by them, and like them.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 03:54 pm
Quote:
Stein has raised $5.8 million toward her goal of $7 million and on Friday made her first official move -- requesting a recount in Wisconsin.

"The people have spoken and the election is over,” Trump, a Republican, said Saturday. “ … “This recount is just a way for Jill Stein. … to fill her coffers with money, most of which she will never even spend on this ridiculous recount.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/26/clinton-team-joins-steins-three-state-vote-recount-that-begins-in-wisconsin.html

Bingo.

These whiners are ready to be chumped, BIGTIME, sho nuff. Taken for millions.

If you don't believe Russian hackers altered all the (offline) voting, then you probably don't believe Dubya and Cheney set up 9/11 either.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:42 pm
It's interesting to speculate about the current direction of American Politics.

Trump's initial actions in assembling his executive team and in reaching out in a remarkably open way to those who have criticized, and in some cases opposed, him are very encouraging. His appointments so far to his national security team, the Department of Education and others are a reassuring and consistent indicatror of his intent to pursue central policies on which his campaign was based.

We have yet to see the hand of the Republican leaders in Congress who, together with Trump, will shape the legislative agenda ahead. It appears likely that, with their overwhelming margin in the House and a narrow, but decisive one in the Senate, along with the unhappy example of the Obama years, they will attempt to both restore some degree of the comity that once prevailed within the Congress and try to find common ground and compromise with the Democrat minorities there, and, in addition, restore the regular order of Congressional managemernt of the budgets of Executiuve agencies, Both are sorely needed.

The Democrats appear still in a bit of shock over the election results, both in Federal and State governments. It will likely take a couple of months for all this to settle in, and for the much needed new more centrist voices to appear within the party. Right now only the far left wing and Sanders elements of the party are left standing. That and the initial nominations for leadership of the now mistrusted DNC suggests that no lessons from the recent election have yet taken hold. Sen. Schumer appears secure in his position as Minority leader in the Senate, and with his New York connection to Trump may be able to work across the aisle in the Senate. By contrast Nancy Peloisi in the House is a bit like a carcass left on the beach by the receeding tide. I believe her reelection as House Minority leader is in doubt. (She can always go back to her Mansion on Pacific Heights overlooking the Golden Gate.)

It is an interesting and little noted thing, that with the Election of Trump the Republican Party has a proximate opportunity to unite around a more centrist political position and policy. While, in contract so far the Democrats appear to have moved leftwards and towards disunity. We can hope that will change.

For Trump much still depends on avoiding missteps or bad outcomes in the months ahead. He appears to be doing very well so far and expectations are rising.
layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:00 pm
@georgeob1,
"It's interesting to speculate about the current direction of American Politics."

This may provide a hint, eh, George?:

Quote:
The Pew Research Center's postelection voter survey has found that nearly two-thirds of Democrats (65 percent) want the opposition party to “stand up” to President-elect Donald Trump, “even if less gets done in Washington.”

According to Pew's 2008 polling, just 36 percent of Republican voters, and 22 percent of all voters, said that their party should oppose the incoming President Obama if it meant slowing down the work of the country. In 2008, just 11 percent of Democrats said they wanted Republicans to be a check on the president...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/21/poll-65-percent-of-democrats-want-party-to-stand-up-to-trump/?tid=a_inl
georgeob1

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 05:36 pm
@layman,
I agree and note that the history of the subsequent Obama regine certainly reflected that estimate. However I suspect that the simple truth that the Emperor (Obama) indeed had no clothes (as IN H.C. Andersen's story) has become increasingly evident to many people. Whether the majority of Democrats will accept that is another question, but the recent election result is certainly indicative of some change. If Trump and the Republican Congress can get through their initial challenges well (and the indicators so far are indeed favorable) then I believe more change will follow.

My strong impression is that a growing number of Americans have long been underground about their dominant political beliefs. That may be changing as a growing number start expressing themselves now after the election.

I suspect the almost comical effort for a recount in WI, PA and MI wil likely addf to all that.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 10:18 am
I think I have a wonderful idea to satisfy all these deniers and cry babies on the left.

Why don't we have another election. Let's let Obama stay in office in the mean time... I'm sure he would love that. We could allow both to campaign for 6 months starting in January... I know the news media would love it. And it would give the FBI more time to investigate the Clinton Foundation and Congress to investigate the email scandal with independent counsel and more time for people to be even more screwed by Obama care. Then in the summer we can have another vote. So what does everybody think?
layman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 10:22 am
@giujohn,
Sure, but there has to be a payoff. Whenever somebody accuses me of beating them by cheating, luck, or whatever, my suggestion is always "Let's play again, double or nothing."

So, I would say that if Trump wins, he gets 8 years instead of 4. If Clinton, wins, we're back to even, and would need a tie-breaker.
layman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:06 am
“An election is nothing more than an advance auction of stolen goods." (Ambrose Bierce)

Didn't get what ya wanted at the auction? Ya shoulda bid more.

Me, I don't b0ther taking chances. I vote for whoever gives me the most Camel cigarettes while I'm standin in the votin line. I get it from both sides, whatever happens.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:22 am
@layman,
Nice touch.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 06:11 am
I think this thread title was premature.

I think the establishment will disallow the election.
layman

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 06:54 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think the establishment will disallow the election.

Possibly. But, successful or not, they will go balls to the wall trying to, that much is clear.