FBI reopens case on Clinton private email server

farmerman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 02:25 pm
@parados,
and their flag holder is so stupid as to show us his ADD perps right on tv shows and then he tries to deny saying em.
Yep, smart and manipulative over stupid ADD any day
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 02:37 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
All of this is really besides the point.

I'll say. To put a finer point on it, in one week and a day, Republicans will have lost the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Further, their base is shrinking while the proportion of likely Dem voters is growing. The past has been grim for Republicans, the present grimmer and the future much worse.

These social/demographic facts are understood by everyone (who has a functioning brain stem) and most every day smarter conservative voices acknowledge these facts. The "GOP autopsy" of two years ago held these facts as foundational in the plea for the party to change course. But the party didn't change course because the bomb-throwers are now in charge.

The recent admissions by Cruz and McCain re stonewalling any Clinton SC nominee reflects this bomb-thrower strategy as does Chaffetz statement/promise that the next four years will be filled with "investigations" of anything that has the name Clinton attached. Focus on policy details? That's as laughable as the standard bearer the party now advances as WH candidate. Norms and traditions of governance are being set aflame by this modern breed of Republican pretty much wherever you look. Why?

Because they can't compete electorally at the federal level. And because they are now in the grip of an ideological stance so extreme and absolutist that cannot accept any other political philosophy holding power regardless of the popular will.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 02:56 pm
Quote:
Right now there are basically two kinds of Republicans, if we set aside that small number who have decided that they simply cannot support Trump. There are the enthusiastic Trump supporters, and then there are the reluctant ones, who find him repellent but nonetheless prefer him to the alternative. Both these groups have convinced themselves that Hillary Clinton is not merely wrong on the issues or even unethical, but positively evil, a figure of such transcendent malevolence that American politics has never seen anything like her before.

Consider this poll out today from Politico and Morning Consult, which asked whether respondents agreed with Donald Trump’s assertion that, as the poll read, “the issues around Clinton’s emails are worse than Watergate.” Eighty-two percent of Republicans said they agreed. Eighty-two percent.

So that’s become an almost universal belief among Republicans: Clinton’s use of a private server for her emails is worse than the worst political scandal in American history, in which an entire panoply of crimes was committed by dozens of people, including break-ins and money-laundering and document-forging and obstruction of justice, in which those who went to prison included the attorney general, the White House chief of staff, and the president’s chief domestic policy adviser, in which the president of the United States resigned after his own party informed him he was about to be impeached and would surely be convicted. The email story is worse than that.

This is not merely wrong or ahistorical. It’s lunacy. It’s like saying, “This paper cut I got on my finger? Worse than pancreatic cancer.”
http://wapo.st/2esF8xB
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:38 pm
@maporsche,
Nobody gives me marching orders unlike you poor indentured servants.
I have no allegiance to any politician. You'll be a better citizen when you can say the same.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 08:33 pm
...and meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Quote:
Just two weeks before Election Day, at least 75 of the 4,000-plus lawsuits involving Trump and his businesses remain open, according to an ongoing, nationwide analysis of state and federal court records by USA TODAY.
http://usat.ly/2dWRDoU
giujohn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 08:53 pm
@blatham,
And this is more important than jeopardizing national security?
Gimme a freaking break. Even the Clinton News Network wouldn't be stupid enough to run with that now.
parados

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 08:56 pm
@giujohn,
What if Clinton had a server that only talked with Russians like it appears Trump did?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html?wpsrc=sh_all_tab_tw_ru
giujohn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 10:54 pm
@parados,
Yeah I saw that article and I stopped reading after I got to...“We’re the Union of Concerned Nerds,” in the wry formulation of the Indiana University computer scientist L. Jean Camp.

LOL LOL HAHAHAHA

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 06:02 am
Winner of today's "Articles I won't be reading" category:

Quote:
"Here’s how much of your life has been wasted with this presidential election."
NYT
revelette2

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 10:00 am
@blatham,
Is it is the same one from the WP?
blatham

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 11:48 am
@revelette2,
Oh poop. My error. It was the WP.
revelette2

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 11:52 am
@blatham,
It's ok, I thought maybe it was one of those pieces that seems to be repeated on more than one place. But your right, it was a lot of nothing but kind of interesting if you are into that kind of thing with a day added (2?) because of weird things. I think this election seems longer because we Americans and now it seems a lot of other countries have simply become obsessed with every news story related to the election. I heard on the radio (local, I keep it tuned into tristate light rock of yesterdays and todays hits; and I don't hear everything so I don't really know what all he said...) that a lot of people are developing tension over it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 12:14 pm
@parados,
I guess this can be filed under the desperation file...
giujohn

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 12:17 pm
Podesta is shown to say in a March 2015 email that they're going to have to dump the emails... the Clinton candidacy says dump means to get them out to the public...

LOL LOL LOL HAHAHAHA hahahaha... hey liberals they're insulting your intelligence... We're back to the definition of what is, is!!

Anyone who actually believes this is an absolute idiot... Hillary actually believes that you'll swallow this crap... And if you do you're nothing but a denier for a liar.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 03:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I guess this can be filed under the desperation file...

No, it's filed under the conservatives would be going ape **** if this was Clinton file.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:18 pm
I voted today. For Clinton.

I would have voted for her over Trump even if she was in jail.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:24 pm
@boomerang,
Damned straight.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:24 pm
@boomerang,
Or if she died or really in any possible scenario.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:39 pm
Not sure if I mentioned this earlier but two weeks ago at a rally Trump instructed his audience to be sure to vote on election day, November 28.

He actually said this.

But perhaps his mind was elsewhere. As it happens, the 28th is when the Trump University case opens.
giujohn

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:53 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I voted today. For Clinton.

I would have voted for her over Trump even if she was in jail.

And that's just where she a headin'...yea ha!