FBI reopens case on Clinton private email server

blatham

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 12:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
but I think we agree Patricia Williams is worth listening to

I had not been familiar with Williams (or have forgetten). She's a stellar intellect. I was seriously impressed and will now follow her writing. She's exactly the sort of individual that I cherish most of all who offers up ideas and insights that haven't occurred to me before. For example, when the host said that he found it odd there's been so little sexism in the right's approach to a female president, Williams pointed out that the party is now fronting, as their choice for leader and WH occupant, the most misogynist candidate America has ever seen. Imaging these to be unrelated would be derisable.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 12:41 pm
@snood,
Quote:

1 Reply

Previous • Post: # 6,298,950 • Next snood

2 REPLYQUOTEREPORT Sun 6 Nov, 2016 12:50 pm
Bill Clinton cheats on his wife. Impeach him. Trump proudly brags about sexual assault (and has cheated on his wives). Elect him. Hillary oversaw the department of state while 4 people died in an embassy attack. Put her in jail. 2 Republicans were in office while over 200 people died in embassy attacks. No problem.

Trump made 4 billion dollars in 40 years, when an index fund started at the same time with the same “small loans” he received would be worth $12 billion today… without a trail of bankruptcies, thousands of lawsuits and burned small business owners. He’s a real business whiz. Hillary took a loss of $700,000. She’s a criminal. Trump is the first candidate in the modern era not to release his tax returns, and took a billion dollar loss in 1 year. Genius.

Hillary takes responsibility for private email servers and apologizes. Not credible. Trump denies saying things (on the record) he actually said (on the record), he’s just telling it like it is.

Immigrants don’t pay taxes. Round them up and kick them out. Trump doesn’t pay taxes. He’s a business genius. Hillary’s foundation only spent 87% of their donations helping people. She’s a crook. Trump’s foundation paid off his debts, bought sculptures of him, and made political donations to avoid investigations while using less than 5% of funds for charity (and he got shut down by NY State). So savvy… Put him in the White House.

OK! NOW YOUVE GOT IT!!
SO CAN WE COUT ON YOUR VOTE?
snood

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 01:12 pm
@giujohn,
You admit you're supporting an immoral phony who is without human redeeming qualities or political qualifications, then we'll talk.
giujohn

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 02:04 pm
@snood,
And you're supporting a criminal who will if elected launch this country into a constitutional crisis. The way I see it my side wins either way... Trump gets elected and Hillary's defeated and she goes to jail or she's elected and she goes to jail... I see it as a win-win.
revelette2

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 04:15 pm
@giujohn,
I suppose you missed the update where after getting everybody all in a tizzy, Comey said there is still nothing to indict Hillary over?

Just for you.
blatham

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 04:22 pm
As Rev noted above...

Quote:
In another upheaval to the presidential race, FBI Director James Comey on Sunday afternoon sent a new letter to Congress notifying members that after reviewing a new batch of emails to and from Hillary Clinton, the bureau has not "not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Secretary Clinton."
TPM
Comey's letter can be found here https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/795360000004726784/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So, all that crap for nothing. This is inexcusable and Comey really ought to go. Further, there ought to be a full investigation to discover what led Comey to break with prior standards, rules and precedents. Finally, every right wing whackobird that went over the edge (again) on this ought to be ashamed but that ain't gonna happen.
snood

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 04:31 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Finally, every right wing whackobird that went over the edge (again) on this ought to be ashamed but that ain't gonna happen.

Yeah, a sense of shame isn't really part of their repertoire. If they had any shame at all, they'd have been hanging their heads from the time the orange blight descended the escalator and announced his presidency.
roger

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 04:36 pm
@revelette2,
Well, you know, "Sorry 'bout that".
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 04:46 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Yeah, a sense of shame isn't really part of their repertoire.

It's an interesting phenomenon. I'm not expert in matters of the psyche but there are things we can all identify in ourselves and through observing the behavior of others. It seems to be a defensive stance where the feeling is that we've been unfairly set upon and dominated. "I'm not giving another inch!" And the "us" versus "them" aspect is very strong as well. Also, experiencing shame necessarily involves an acceptance of having been/done something wrong and that seems to be what is avoided.
farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:17 pm
@blatham,
I wonder where Trump goes for material. Hes hoping the news of all this gets around slower than last Fridays "exposes"

Will h refer back to his "Even f it aint true bout Clinton, it oughta be'

NPR did a piece on being alloqwed to do an investigational report on the e-mails and basically came away with the same thing as the FBI, but emphasized that it had no evidence of anything Machiavellian, instead it was an institutional incompetence regarding computer useage that has been inplace since before Colin Powell's time. In fact, it was Powell who gqve advice to Clinton as to how to work"around" the Luddite network in the State Department nd severl other cabinets.

Member Jimmie Breslin's book, "The Gang that Couldnt SHoot STraight"?

Brand X

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:26 pm
He'll tweet that election is at least 40% more rigged than it was yesterday. It'll be more rigged than that tomorrow, and by Wednesday it will be rigged big league.
farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:39 pm
@Brand X,
yeh, and the FBI was doing the rigging eh?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:49 pm
So Wall Street likes the news, futures already up 200 points.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:30 pm
@farmerman,
I went to Fox news to see what they were up to. The first bit of video, after the news broke, was fairly straight forward. The second, an interview with Pam Bondi, ignored today's news and went for, "It doesn't matter. Everything Donald Trump has been saying is correct. DC is total corrupt mess and Clinton is right at the center of it". That's pretty much how Trump, Hannity and Limbaugh will play it though probably with a fillip of "The Obama administration got to Comey and forced him to say this".

Re non-Machiavellian, of course. And some incompetence, for sure. Matt Yglesias has a great piece up at Vox on the matter and on how it was all purposefully blown up for political gain.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:33 pm
@Brand X,
I'm a dem as most here know, but that was funny, Brand X.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
That makes sense, at least to me.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:12 pm
@snood,
But you dont see these FACTS on the internet news sites or in the newspapers. Tell me again how the media isent controlled by big business and big industry that is mainly conservative.
snood

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:14 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

But you dont see these FACTS on the internet news sites or in the newspapers. Tell me again how the media isent controlled by big business and big industry that is mainly conservative.

Did I tell you that?
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:26 pm
@blatham,
Why dont we rename the republican party the ultra conservative conspiracy party. Much more descriptive of their ideology.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:27 pm
@snood,
Not a question. Its a statement of my beliefs.