FBI reopens case on Clinton private email server

revelette2

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 04:26 pm
@McGentrix,
He simply caved in to republicans, he don't even know if it has anything to do with Clinton.
AC14747

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 04:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Yeah the choice is simple between crude and corrupt and I'll take crude over corrupt any day of the week.
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 04:31 pm
Hopefully comey will do what he should have done in the first place...before election day. turn it over to the grand jury and let them decide.
Lash

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 05:48 pm
@revelette2,
He don't?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 05:50 pm
@AC14747,
I would rather that Comey put all of the information on the table for the voters to see.

Then the voters can decide. An election should be decided by the voters. Don't you agree?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 05:54 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix,

Let me appeal to your intelligent side (rather than your partisan side).

As I see it, the is that Comey is dropping a pretty significant hand grenade into the electoral process 11 days before an election with no details. It is a headline about something that may be significant... or it may not.

Don't you see this as a problem-- that unspecified charges might substantially impact a national election)?

Do you at least agree that Comey has a duty to American voters to explain what the Hell his letter is talking about? An unsubstantiated charge that things might be related doesn't tell me anything. There are certainly things that could be found in a email that would get me to change my current plans to vote for Hillary. But, I want to see the details.

As a voter (not as a partisan) I think Comey owes me details.

McGentrix

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 08:43 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

McGentrix,

Let me appeal to your intelligent side (rather than your partisan side).

As I see it, the is that Comey is dropping a pretty significant hand grenade into the electoral process 11 days before an election with no details. It is a headline about something that may be significant... or it may not.

Don't you see this as a problem-- that unspecified charges might substantially impact a national election)?

Do you at least agree that Comey has a duty to American voters to explain what the Hell his letter is talking about? An unsubstantiated charge that things might be related doesn't tell me anything. There are certainly things that could be found in a email that would get me to change my current plans to vote for Hillary. But, I want to see the details.

As a voter (not as a partisan) I think Comey owes me details.

Comey owes the public nothing. Just as he owed the public nothing when he was pressured by the Obama Justice Dept to bury the email scandal.

Honestly, we have no idea what backroom deals were made or who pissed Comey off by reneging on those deals for him to re open the case. I'm just glad he did and I hope it sticks like super glue to Hillary and she ends up in jail.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 08:48 pm
@AC14747,
He is a lifetime republican who has tried twice to torpedo Clintons candidacy. Only a blind man would be unable to see this. Or a conservative ------.
roger

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 09:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Works for me except we would likely end up with Trump. Actually, I'm not really sure which would be worse for the country.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 09:15 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Comey owes the public nothing.

This is obviously wrong. The director of the FBI works for the American public. The rest of what you wrote is up for debate. But the idea that the director of the FBI shouldn't be accountable to the American public is ridiculous. And the idea that the director of the FBI would impact the election without a very good reason (i.e. real evidence) should scare anyone (even if it helps your partisan side).

If there is nothing in these new emails, and it turns out that there is no actual evidence against Hillary Clinton that is prosecutable... do you still think that it is a good thing?

I am putting facts ahead of my partisanship. If the facts in these new emails warrant prosecution... then I will admit that they are relevant and that they should have been disclosed before the election. My beef with Comey is that he is publishing a headline with no details (which seems irresponsible to the non-partisan side of my brain).

Don't you think the decision of who should be president should be left to the voters, and that the voters should be given all of the facts before they make this decision?

I am making a non-partisan plea. Dropping vague, unspecified possible charges with no details is irresponsible. As an American voter... I want the details.
revelette2

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:51 am
@Lash,
No he doesn't. In his letter the FBI employees he said he agreed they should take steps to obtain the emails and review them. Which naturally means he doesn't know what's in them because he yet reviewed them.

Quote:
This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation. Yesterday, the investigative team briefed me on their recommendation with respect to seeking access to emails that have recently been found in an unrelated case. Because those emails appear to be pertinent to our investigation, I agreed that we should take appropriate steps to obtain and review them.

source

No wonder Comey was vague. As of yet nothing is known, he hasn't reviewed them or even have access to them.

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 08:23 am
McG--

I agree with your quote:
Honestly, we have no idea what backroom deals were made or who pissed Comey off by reneging on those deals for him to re open the case.

I think most people who look at Comey's activity in this email bog believe he was selected by the administrative arm of the Clinton machine to be the last word in emails months ago, and he was pressured/paid/etc to make a public pronouncement that the FBI wasn't going to indict. HRC needed that door closed.

Americans who aren't #HillaryAtAllCosts were very upset, and voices in the FBI who weren't in pocket have been taking Comey to task for paving the road to the WH for an established criminal. Wikileaks was exposing her, her staff, the DNC, and most damning, Obama and his WH crew. (I have to laugh that she STILL struggles so desperately with the ******* president, the goddamn media, and Wall Street carrying her water. LOL!!! How hated can one person be??)

I think Comey's decision to send the letter to Congress about new HRC emails discovered in a different case was his smack back at the powers that forced him to lay down for Hillary earlier.

Comey is roundly hated from all sides in DC now.

I'm thankful he did the right thing. Finally.
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:06 am
@maxdancona,
No I don't agree this is a criminal investigation and because of political pressure he did not refer to a grand jury the first time... It was more than evident that a deal has been made with the 45-minute tarmac meeting. This time he needs to make up for the problems he's caused the reputation of the FBI by referring it to a grand jury that's the most impartial thing at this point to do.
AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:09 am
@RABEL222,
The problem with you opining about comey at this point was I don't remember you saying anything about him when he claimed that Hillary Clinton had put our nation's Secrets in jeopardy but then decided not to prosecute her.... you can't have your cake and eat it too.
AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:15 am
@maxdancona,
I don't recall you having any problem with comey's decision when he told us that Hillary Clinton put our nation's secrets in Jeopardy but that he decided not to prosecute her. If he had done what he was supposed to do instead of bowing to political pressure and referred the entire matter to a grand jury do you think she still would have been the candidate? Therefore by not doing so he affected the election at that point. You now have a candidate who he admits put our nation's Secrets at Jeopardy and now has to reopen the investigation and if he is elected she most certainly will be under scrutiny of an independent prosecutor and quite possibly be impeached... Seems to me he negatively affected this entire election by not doing his job in the first place and only now you're complaining?
AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:18 am
@revelette2,
You're wrong... While admittedly because the attorney general has blocked his efforts for a warrant to open and read the emails he does know that some of the 10,000 emails are classified and therefore a crime because she did not have authority to transfer classified information to a personal device. The warrant is needed because the FBI agent investigating this case do not have a high enough clearance at this point to read the emails.
revelette2

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:22 am
@AC14747,
Why don't you stick to what is known rather than projecting out of your you know what? Wait for further developments and then comment, it saves your having to either back track or lose credence in your posts.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:38 am
@AC14747,
It is bemusing to see Hillary demanding that Comey immediately release all the new information presumably uncovered in the examination of the computer used by Huma Weiner nee Abdein apparently in an unrelated investigation of his internet activities. In the first place she knows that can't be done . In the second it is she and her political operatives in government who have slowed and delayed this investigation by destroying evidence aand repeated lies, hoping to delay resolution until after the election.

In addition the criticism of FBI Director Comey now, suggesting political motivation on his part is a bit rich given his obvious complicity (or at least concession) to an administration-sanctioned whitewash of the ever deceitful Hillary , and her earlier praise for the "objectivity" evident in his very unusual failure to convene a Grand Jury, and equally unusual usurpation of prosecutorial authority in choosing not to press charges.

What may be Comey's motivations now is hard to guess. Clearly he believes significant new evidence is at hand that threatens his previous judgment. It also appears evident that he is resisting some pressure from our thoroughly politicized Justice department in doing this. He may well be facing serious unrest from within the FBI and the threat of new leaks that may yield additional unpleasantries for himself and others. He may also fear what may unfold after the election, as the new facts come to light and his actions (or lack of them) come under question.

It appears that the public is slowly coming to realize the pervasive reach and depth of the corruption of ourt goivernment institutions that has occurred under the current Administration and, as well, the extent of the corruption of the various Clinton enterprises. Whether this will result in decisive action to correct it remains to be seen.

AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:49 am
@revelette2,
Oh pray tell what is it that you think I don't know?
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:52 am
@georgeob1,
A very probable motivation would be the fact that the Attorney General agreed to recuse herself and allow the FBI to do what needed to be done... But now the director is faced with an attorney general who refuses to Grant a warrant to read the emails... Seems to me that he's bringing his frustration out in the open and giving it to Congress and the media to force her hand.