FBI reopens case on Clinton private email server

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 10:56 am
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

I don't recall you having any problem with comey's decision when he told us that Hillary Clinton put our nation's secrets in Jeopardy but that he decided not to prosecute her.

Quote:
On July 5, 2016, Comey announced the FBI’s recommendation that the United States Department of Justice file no criminal charges relating to the Hillary Clinton email controversy.

Quote:
Member since August 17, 2016
AC14747

Cool
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 11:05 am
@AC14747,
I would kind of like to hear the opinion of McGentrix.

I acknowledge your opinions. I don't think they are very logical. I would be willing to attempt an objective discussion with you, but don't see you making any attempt to look at things objectively. You can tell me that I am not looking at things objectively either... which would support my belief that us trying to have an intelligent discussion is futile.

I would like to hear from McGentrix.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 11:29 am
@AC14747,
Wow. You do like to reveal your ignorance.

First, the AG personally recused herself so she is not telling the FBI anything about what they should do.
Second, the AG doesn't grant or refuse warrants. Investigators present evidence to a judge to get a warrant.

Your probable motivations are idiotic.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 11:41 am
@parados,
Why is anyone arguing with AC14747? There is nothing there.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:02 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

A very probable motivation would be the fact that the Attorney General agreed to recuse herself and allow the FBI to do what needed to be done... But now the director is faced with an attorney general who refuses to Grant a warrant to read the emails... Seems to me that he's bringing his frustration out in the open and giving it to Congress and the media to force her hand.

I've heard second hand various reports about AG Lynch's supposed actions since Comey's recent action, but am unclear on the facts. Your suggestion that she has long since been thoroughly politicized in her abject complicity in the Clinton coverup, certainly appears to be correct. ( The now infamous "spontaneous" meeting between her and Bill Clinton in her aircraft on the Tarmac of the Phoenix Airport reached public notice only because a disgruntled FBI agent there tipped off a friend in ther press. It is also interesting that Lynch was on a trip in a government aircraft from Washington to Aspen Colorado. It takes only a glance at an aviation chart to see that Phoenix is not a stop along the way on that route.)

I can think of several possibilities for Comey's motivations in this matter, but it's hard to be confident of just what they might be. It does appear clear that he has concluded that he and the FBI will be better off in reopening the investiogation now than not doiung so when all the facts do become known.

You appear to have excited the ire of some of the harpies and duplicitous pedants among the opposition here.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:49 pm
@AC14747,
Why not? Your kind do so all the time. And like your hero tRump you lie 85% of the time.
roger

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:30 pm
I saw an article that mentioned a possible 650,000 emails in question. Good grief, does secretary of state have nothing to do but sit around messing with emails all day. It was WSJ so I didn't have access to the full article, but that's a really big number.
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:32 pm
@RABEL222,
No...you're my hero rabell...I love you man
AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:37 pm
@ehBeth,
What's your point? It says I've been a member since Aug. Does it tell you how long I've been watching these posts before I decided to respond or that I'm able to look at you past posts? Nice try though...
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:44 pm
@parados,
Don't you get tired of being wrong so often? Investigators don't present jack to the judge the prosecutor does...and in this case it's the AG. The director requested the warrant be issued...the person who does that shot him down...the AG.
AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:53 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
You appear to have excited the ire of some of the harpies and duplicitous pedants among the opposition here

LOL...then my job is done!!

Another possible scenario would be that he staved off some pissed of Agents who may have leaked it to the press if he hadn't sent the letter. Either way he did it in direct contrast to the long standing policy that discourages just this type of announcement.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 04:15 pm
@AC14747,
https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_41

Law enforcement officials can present information to obtain warrant under the law.
Quote:
(b) Authority to Issue a Warrant. At the request of a federal law enforcement officer or an attorney for the government:

Perhaps you should tell the us how you know more than the law?

Quote:
The director requested the warrant be issued...the person who does that shot him down...the AG.

Your evidence of this is what? Federal agents can apply directly to judges for warrants. They did so in the warrant issued to search the Branch Davidian compound in Waco. That info can be found all over the internet.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 05:15 pm
@parados,
WRONG AGAIN

Omg...can you be that ill-informed? The law you are referring to allows for the LEO to present the sworn affidavit as the person who has first hand knowledge...that affidavit is done with the approval of the office who has to prosecute it. Try doing an end run around your prosecutor and you'll find yourself out if s job quicker than Goose ****.

You also need instruction on how to read laws...that statute you cite confers no special privilege to an LEO.
It is telling you who ISSUES the warrant on affidavit...THE JUDGE!
Lash

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 06:04 pm
Huma Abedin kept a file to protect herself from the Clintons. Probably shouldn't have kept it on weinerman's sexting laptop...

True/ Not True? We'll know soon.

PS-- anybody seen Huma?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 06:27 pm
@AC14747,
"or" has a very real meaning in the law.

(b) Authority to Issue a Warrant. At the request of a federal law enforcement officer

That means a federal law enforcement officer can request a warrant from a judge. It does not have to be a government attorney. That is why the law uses "or."

Quote:
(b) Authority to Issue a Warrant. At the request of a federal law enforcement officer or an attorney for the government:

Either a law enforcement officer OR an attorney can request the warrant. It doesn't state that only an attorney can make the request as you are claiming.

After the law states who can request the warrant, it then lays out how the judge is to issue it.

AC14747

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 06:50 pm
@parados,
Omg give it up...that means those people are the ones allowed to complete the affidavit. The DA or in this case the AG decides which cases go before a judge for warrants.

Want proof?

IF THE GODAMN DIRECTOR COULD GET THE WARRANT WITH OUT THE AGs APPROVAL HE WOULD ALREADY HAVE IT.

End of lesson. Thanks for playing.
parados

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 06:57 pm
@AC14747,
You better tell the Supreme Court they have been hornswaggled then for allowing police officers to apply for search warrants as there are a lot of cases that deal with police applying directly to judges for warrants.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:06 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't believe that Comey has anything in his job description about owing the American people any explanations about ongoing investigations. It was widely questioned about Comey's last press conference as being out of the ordinary.

There is something in the emails that required the re-opening of the investigation. Whether it leads to a prosecution or not is immaterial. It was enough to re-open the investigation.

Left to the voters? Nothing that has happened or will happen short of Hillary going to jail is going to change anyone's mind. Tons of people have already voted.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:07 pm
@AC14747,
The problem you seem to be having is you are confusing this case with the law and who can apply for search warrants.

Because the emails were not part of the original warrant when they were discovered, those officers can't request a new warrant since they have no probable cause.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:08 pm
@AC14747,
With your penis?