No Justice, No Peace

glitterbag

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2017 11:37 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
Well that's a new one on me, shooting people in the back or back of the head usually means you shot someone in retreat.

No retreat. Superior maneuvering on my uncle's part. The sheriff was waiting and watching for my uncle to pop up at a window or door, but my uncle went out the back door and around the side of the house and came up behind the sheriff.

((So, he did sneak up and shoot him in the head...)))

glitterbag wrote:
You really shouldn't tell anyone else that story, they will think you are a dope.

I'm not afraid of the truth. If someone objects to me telling the truth, that is a reflection on them, not on me.

((I would never dream of stopping you from being yourself))
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2017 02:20 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
So, he did sneak up and shoot him in the head...

Yes.

Well, there are some who think he went directly out the front door and past the sheriff as the sheriff was reloading his revolver, and then fired his shotgun at the sheriff from behind before he finished reloading.

We don't know exactly how he got himself from "inside the house with the shotgun" to "outside the house and behind the sheriff". It's pretty clear that he did though, because there is no question that the gunfight ended with a slug in the back of the sheriff's head.

The shotgun is all restored now, by the way. It looks real nice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 04:09 pm
Luciano Guerriero

The Los Angeles Police Dept just got approved to start using drones – making them the largest police force to use them. How long until they're permitted to use armed drones?
snood

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 04:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Luciano Guerriero

The Los Angeles Police Dept just got approved to start using drones – making them the largest police force to use them. How long until they're permitted to use armed drones?

Last year in Dallas they used a robot to roll up on a cornered shooter and kill him by detonating a bomb. I don't see flying armed drones as that big of a stretch.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 09:42 am
Alabama man who killed cop curses state, raises middle fingers during execution 

“Mom, sis, look at my eyes. I got no tears. I am unafraid. To the state of Alabama, I hate you ... I hate you. I hate you,” McNabb said in his final statement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/alabama-man-killed-raises-middle-fingers-execution-article-1.3575679?utm_content=bufferad224&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 01:05 pm
@snood,
I'm chary about drones; by my nature, I can't stand them. And I certainly don't want them messing up my sky above to deliver purchases.... much less a weapon to my neighborhood.

I'll back off in that I have understood they can be good in times of forest fire worry or urgency, but by now I forget where I read that. Drone varieties? I get the visual need for surveylance at the same time I'm discomfitted even more by armed drones, and I understand that for war purposes they are both handy and may kill less civilians.

I want my sky as free as it can be, and I do understand that that is a laughable idea. Bring on the comics.

If anyone wonders, pollyanna wants less war and more communication.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 05:55 pm
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 06:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Alabama man who killed cop curses state, raises middle fingers during execution

“Mom, sis, look at my eyes. I got no tears. I am unafraid. To the state of Alabama, I hate you ... I hate you. I hate you,” McNabb said in his final statement.

Gosh. I hate to think of the suffering required to produce such bitterness. I hope his soul finds peace.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 04:46 pm
@oralloy,
Me too.

I'm against the death penalty, but I can't feel sorry for this guy on earth
oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 05:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, he is no longer on earth.

I feel sorry for him though. Such unimaginable bitterness could only have been rooted in unimaginable pain.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 01:32 am
Quote:
A top African-American rights group has warned black flyers to exercise caution when flying American Airlines after a string of "disturbing incidents".
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) issued a "national travel advisory".
The organisation warned the airline "could subject [travellers to] disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions".
The airline insisted it does "not tolerate discrimination of any kind".
The NAACP "national travel advisory" was issued as the advocacy group cited a series of incidents suggesting a "corporate culture of racial insensitivity and possible racial bias" at the airline.
It warned black travellers that American Airlines could subject them to "disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions".
American Airlines replied in a statement: "We are disappointed to hear about this travel advisory as our team members - a diverse community of gate agents, pilots, and flight attendants - are proud to serve customers of all backgrounds."
In the advisory, the NAACP listed four incidents in which black passengers said they were discriminated against by AA employees.
One incident on a Washington DC to Raleigh, North Carolina, flight involved a NAACP state chapter president, who sued the airline.
He said he had been required by flight attendants to give up his seat after he responded to "disrespectful and discriminatory comments directed toward him by two unruly white passengers".
In another incident, a black woman was moved to the coach section at the ticket counter despite having booked first-class tickets for herself and a travelling companion.
The woman's travelling companion, who was white, remained assigned to a first-class seat, according to NAACP.
Another incident involved a black woman who was ordered removed from a New York to Miami flight after a pilot overheard her complain to a gate agent about a change to her seat assignment without her consent, said NAACP.
American Airlines, which has 120,000 employees, has invited NAACP representatives to meet at the company headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, for "a meaningful dialogue".
The organisation, which has historically issued travel advisories "when conditions on the ground pose a substantial risk of harm to black Americans", said the allegations they cite may represent "only the tip of the iceberg".
The NAACP, which was founded in 1909, bills itself as the nation's oldest and largest nonpartisan civil rights organisation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41754457
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:56 pm
Aww, this is so sweet of this judge! He's going to make it like the gunning down of this unarmed black guy never even happened at all. He's going to remove it from the cop's record. Kill a black guy. Say you feared for your life. Get the whole case erased. See? Nothing to it.

Okla. Ex-Cop Who Killed Terence Crutcher Will Have Fatal Shooting Removed From Her Record
http://www.theroot.com/although-an-ex-tulsa-okla-cop-will-go-down-in-infamy-1819883316
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 03:59 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Betty Shelby was acquitted of first-degree manslaughter in the fatal September 2016 shooting of 40-year-old Terence Crutcher

So because you don't agree with the verdict it should remain on her record?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:04 pm
To top it off, I read an article today that explains that white people feel discriminated against.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

To top it off, I read an article today that explains that white people feel discriminated against.

So it's impossible that fat, crippled, gay, transsexual, ugly, Jewish, retarded, Hillbilly, Jehova Witness, white people have ever been discriminated against?

Apparently, that privilege extends only to people of color regardless of whether or not they have the attributes of a demi-god.

What incredibly narrow world do you live in?

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 05:56 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Aww, this is so sweet of this judge! He's going to make it like the gunning down of this unarmed black guy never even happened at all. He's going to remove it from the cop's record. Kill a black guy. Say you feared for your life. Get the whole case erased. See? Nothing to it.

Are they going to punish the prosecutor for malicious prosecution?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 02:12 am
Quote:
A white US university student is facing a hate crime charge after admitting to smearing bodily fluids on her black roommate's possessions, in an apparent attempt to force her out of the room.
Brianna Brochu, 18, has already been charged with misdemeanour criminal mischief and breach of peace.
Police in West Hartford, Connecticut, said they had asked a judge to add a felony bigotry charge.
University president Greg Woodward said Ms Brochu was no longer a student.
Her campaign against roommate Chennel Rowe apparently came to light via Instagram posts in which she bragged about her actions.
In one post, published by local media and described by Ms Rowe in a Facebook video, she reportedly wrote: "Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 ½ month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions... putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn't shine, and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie."
In a statement addressed to students, Mr Woodward said Ms Brochu's actions were "reprehensible" and the incident "deeply disturbing".
"As of this morning, Brianna Brochu is no longer a student at the University of Hartford. She will not be returning to the institution," he said.
Ms Brochu appeared at Hartford Community Court on Wednesday morning but did not comment during the brief appearance.
In the Facebook video, Ms Rowe said she had felt "unwanted" and "disrespected" by Ms Brochu after moving into the room.
She described becoming sick and said she had suffered "extreme throat pain", which she alleged was connected to Ms Brochu's actions.
"I keep looking at this paragraph, right, because the paragraph said so much stuff she'd done, at the same time she said she's done so much more.
"But I don't know the so much more. I've been using my toothbrush for how long? She says she put my toothbrush places the sun doesn't shine."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41839501
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 04:03 am
Here's some world class logic for ya:
The shooter in the Texas church shooting was dishonorably discharged from the Army. Turns out he had served time in military detention (jail) - 12 months for various and sundry charges including assault. His discharge from the military directed that he could no longer lawfully own or use firearms for the rest of his life. But - and here's the brilliant logic kicker - MILITARY AND CIVILIAN GUN REGULATION RECORDS AND POLICIES DON'T OVERLAP!!!
glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 10:52 pm
@snood,
It makes me crazy. I suppose the folks who send these lunatics back into the wild have no fear they or their loved ones are in danger. It's just all those OTHER people, you know what Im talking about....people who aren't them. You know how the Military keeps records, its time to track back and find out who was responsible (including up the chain) and let us know.
0 Replies

alyssajsmith

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 04:13 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I agree that racism is often something difficult to talk about. However, I think that it is important to discuss this because we must move the race conversation forward.