No Justice, No Peace

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:16 pm
@snood,
I was only trying to say I agree with you logical reasoning. Rolling Eyes
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Your way of expressing it was confusing to me.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Your way of expressing it was confusing to me.

Sorry about that, it very well may be my poor skills of explaining. I will try harder as I learn better. Idea
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
Just don't let it happen again. I will report you to the gestapo.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 09:20 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
Son of a gun, in the back of his head. Let me guess, you think that makes your uncle a hero........?

He is a great hero. It was awe inspiring to actually hold "the shotgun" and think of that very gun in my uncle's hands 90 years ago as he defended himself from that crazy sheriff.

Well that's a new one on me, shooting people in the back or back of the head usually means you shot someone in retreat. In civilization, its a crime that can send you to the slammer. But maybe you come from a long line of street gangs where killing people gives you 'cred'.

You really shouldn't tell anyone else that story, they will think you are a dope.
snood

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 05:07 am
@glitterbag,
Too late. At this point, his dopiness is pretty much common knowledge.
oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:04 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
There's no "evidence" from news reports that tell you the cop's or suspect's intentions and motives. You simply assume that the cops do what they do for good reasons.

When the evidence shows that the cop fired because of a mistaken impression that there was a threat, that shows that the cop was acting in good faith and merely mistaken.

snood wrote:
You either can't see or admit that you have an implicit bias/blind spot that seems to make you dismiss the possibility that some cops are bad people that do bad things.

I'll agree that it's possible. It isn't very common however.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:06 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Well that's a new one on me, shooting people in the back or back of the head usually means you shot someone in retreat.

No retreat. Superior maneuvering on my uncle's part. The sheriff was waiting and watching for my uncle to pop up at a window or door, but my uncle went out the back door and around the side of the house and came up behind the sheriff.

glitterbag wrote:
You really shouldn't tell anyone else that story, they will think you are a dope.

I'm not afraid of the truth. If someone objects to me telling the truth, that is a reflection on them, not on me.
oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:07 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Too late. At this point, his dopiness is pretty much common knowledge.

Liberals always hate that I keep pointing out facts and reality.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:37 pm
@oralloy,
What facts? So far you've yammered on about them; but, you failed to produce anything remotely resembling fact.

Yeah, I'm done with you oralloy .
oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 03:23 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
What facts? So far you've yammered on about them; but, you failed to produce anything remotely resembling fact.

Nope. Everything I've said is 100% factual.

Sturgis wrote:
Yeah, I'm done with you oralloy .

Of course. You have no way to argue against facts. I'll still be here the next time you want to try.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 01:12 pm
Quote:
Racial slurs have been found scrawled on dormitory doors of five black cadets at the Air Force Academy in the US state of Colorado, officials say.
The epithet, together with the words "go home", were scrawled on message boards affixed to doors facing the hallway on Wednesday night.
The mother of one student posted images of the vandalism with the comment: "This is why I'm so hurt!"
The academy's security forces are investigating the incident.
Superintendent Lt Gen Jay Silveria said in a statement: "There is absolutely no place in our Air Force for racism - it's not who we are, nor will we tolerate it in any shape or fashion.
"I've said it before, the area of dignity and respect is my red line.
"Let me be clear: it won't be crossed without significant repercussions."
In a now-deleted Facebook post, the mother of one student fumed: "These young people are supposed to bond and protect each other and the country.
"Who would my son have to watch out for? The enemy or the enemy?"
The incident took place at the academy's Preparatory School, where students who were not admitted to the full academy are given 10 months to prepare for a possible transfer.
More than 4,000 cadets are based at the campus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41419905
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 06:50 am

Saw this by Michael Jordan this morning:

As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers. I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.

“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan speaks out on shootings of African-Americans, police

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change.

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.

“We are privileged to live in the world’s greatest country – a country that has provided my family and me the greatest of opportunities. The problems we face didn’t happen overnight and they won’t be solved tomorrow, but if we all work together, we can foster greater understanding, positive change and create a more peaceful world for ourselves, our children, our families and our communities.”
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 04:19 pm
Quote:
A black man who was beaten at a far-right rally in Virginia has turned himself in to be formally charged in connection with the incident.
DeAndre Harris, who is accused of unlawful wounding at the 12 August Charlottesville protest, was released on an unsecured bond.
Photos and video of Mr Harris, 20, being attacked by white men at the event were widely shared online.
Two alleged assailants were charged with malicious wounding in September.
But many are incredulous that an African-American set upon by white attackers at a far-right demonstration could himself face a criminal case.
Another individual alleged that Mr Harris attacked him, prompting the arrest warrant to be issued on Tuesday.
Mr Harris's lawyer, S Lee Merritt, said his client did nothing wrong and authorities did not have probable cause to prosecute him.
Mr Harris could face up to five years in prison and a $2,500 fine (‎£1,880).
The attorney said his client, a former special-education instruction assistant, suffered a concussion, a knee injury and a fractured wrist.
The assault also left him with a head laceration that required stitches.
"We find it highly offensive and upsetting," Mr Merritt told the Washington Post newspaper, "but what's more jarring is that he's been charged with the same crime as the men who attacked him."
Footage of the attack spread quickly on social media, showing at least five white men beating and kicking Mr Harris to the ground in an indoor car park next to the police station during the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville.
Mr Harris' lawyer said his client was accused of wounding a man named Harold Ray Crews.
Video of the incident appears to show a scuffle between the two in which Mr Harris swings a torch at a man identified by US media as Mr Crews, who lunges at him with the pole of a Confederate flag.
Mr Harris' attorney maintains the torch did not "make significant contact" with Mr Crews, who describes himself on Twitter as a "Southern Nationalist, Attorney".
In the US, alleged crime victims can go to a magistrate after filing police reports.
The magistrate only needs probable cause based on the alleged victim's testimony to grant an arrest warrant.
Mr Harris surrendered on Thursday a day after police charged a man identified as Jacob Scott Goodwin, 22, in connection with the car park brawl.
Police said Mr Goodwin, of Ward, Arkansas, could be seen on camera carrying a large plastic shield and kicking Mr Harris, who was on the ground.
Daniel Borden, 18, of Ohio, and Alex Michael Ramos, 33, of Georgia, were also charged with malicious wounding last month in connection with the attack.
Mr Harris was working as a full-time teacher's assistant in Charlottesville before the rally.
But his lawyer told US media his client had been unable to continue in the job because he now suffers fear-and-anxiety attacks in crowded public spaces.
A counter-protester, Heather Heyer, 32, was killed when a driver ploughed a car into a crowd.
White nationalist protesters returned to Charlottesville on 8 October for a brief, torch-lit rally.
The demonstrators gathered near the same statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee that was at the centre of the August deadly clashes.
The statue has since been covered up while a legal challenge to its removal is under way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41599533
snood

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 05:45 pm
@izzythepush,
That story is really depressing. He was surrounded and beaten by Nazis in broad daylight within sight of the local police station. After they opened up Gus skull and left him bleeding, a couple of them went and lodged a complaint that he had assaulted them. No justice,
izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 12:48 am
@snood,
It's the sort of story you'd expect to hear from 1930s Germany, not present day America.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:27 am
@izzythepush,
I wish.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:44 am

A man has been arrested for enslaving a worker.
http://www.ajc.com/news/local/white-restaurant-manager-charged-with-enslaving-black-cook/DXODC09DOsFsSajtbjfxJK/amp.html
On one occasion, when Smith was too slow about restocking the buffet, Edwards took Smith into the back of the restaurant and beat him with his belt buckle, according to the Washington Post’s account of the lawsuit.
“Plaintiff was heard crying like a child and yelling, ‘No, Bobby, please!’ After this beating, Defendant Bobby forced Plaintiff to get back to work,” the complaint read, according to the Post.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:24 pm
I hope this young black man finds out about this video because it will give him evidence.

snood

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2017 04:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
He's seen it. The video went viral - hundreds of thousands have seen it. It's just ONE MORE example of video proof not being enough for "justice" to be done.
0 Replies