giujohn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:55 am
@Glennn,
oooooh...ok.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:57 am
@giujohn,
No, no. A great man said that was the way it goes. Do not misunderestimate that man.
giujohn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:59 am
@McGentrix,
Well I first heard it on an episode of Star Trek when I was like 11 years old... I remember it was Scotty who was saying it.

In actuality as an Italian I know it to be a very old Italian proverb.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 08:41 am
@McGentrix,
No, it's logical. It's nothing to be ashamed of, and there's evidence in leavings and announcements and the lack of announcements.

Again, nothing to be ashamed of--and the Dems have the same problem happening right now. They just got bitch-slapped by a one-two combo from their left and voters who basically told them - those of us you thought you had in your pocket are out and roaming now.

They are undergoing a more serious and bitter realignment than the GOP.

No, the pro-Dem narrative in the news will never rope me in, neither will the type of bias that seems to be blocking your clear view of current events.

I demonstrated quite early and quite often that I don't automatically buy the spewing from the media. That was a preposterous, baseless charge.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:18 am
@Lash,
It's been a week. 2 weeks ago Trump was completely expected to fail in his campaign for President. Now, 2 weeks later, he is expected to have a fully formed government? Give the guy a break. The media needs a time out to get their **** together. They have failed this country and the Green Arrow should put an arrow in their ass.
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:25 am
@McGentrix,
You aren't paying attention to what I'm writing.

Trump's progress in making selections is way ahead, but there is infighting by Christie and cronies...which I think Pence put down in quite a show of power and integrity.

But son in law has got a leg in there, and I guarantee you, Rudy's fate is being argued pretty heatedly. Personalities are fighting to present the faces they support in the administration.

It's normal. Why try to pretend it's not happening? The Dems are doing it too, for decidedly more negative reasons.

Sheesh.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:28 am
@Lash,
But, where are you getting this information? Who told you Christie is fighting with anyone? How do you know Pence has done anything of the sort you've mentioned? How do you know Rudy or his fate is doing anything more than a casual interview with trump to gauge interest?

You need to question who is feeding you this information. Whose interest is being served to lead you to believe there is a bunch of behind the scenes infighting?
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:35 am
@McGentrix,
It's politics.

Have you read biographies or histories of the election process and the transition process? Do you know what happens, how many times presidents promise plush administration spots or ambassador-ships or godknowswhat to those who come out early or strong for them when their campaign is faltering or damaged?

We know Trump owes Christie and Rudy big! We also know they bring really bad baggage. Logic tells us there is a fight.

Include them, exclude them, wait until the smoke clears and slide them in somewhere--but only including publicly is considered repayment for the help.
giujohn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 09:45 am
Question:

Does anyone really believe that Donald Trump gives two flying fucks what the media the left or anyone else for that matter thinks about his pick for his cabinet and his staff? The man is President elect and he has a right to pick anyone he wants. If people or the media don't like it that's just tough ****. In the end regardless of who he picks these people serve at the pleasure of the president and either do as they're told or they're out. So I don't really see what all the hubbub is about. Especially before any pics have been made and especially after only eight days after he was elected. Much to do about nothing a tempest in a teapot.
Lash

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 10:26 am
@giujohn,
Each detail is fascinating. This entire phenomenon is fascinating. It's insanely historic. The country just repudiated the status quo.

Everyone in Washington is standing on their ears.

It'll be analyzed down to tie patterns.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 11:28 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

george , you're starting to sound a tad hysterical. I'm suggesting that you are relying on old wives tales and that's leading you to snap judgements.

But I am truly heartbroken that President Obama and Senator Reid viciously conspired and thwarted your nuclear waste disposal government contract. I'm relying on your version of this story, I didn't verify your stsatements. It has to be awful to be the target of a vast left wing conspiracy.

I believe you are guilty of a little projection here.

I'm relying on my own direct experience and observations, and my judgements are a result of knowledge and thoughtful consideration.

The Yucca Mountain project was not being done by the company for which I workse: It was not my project at all. It was instead being paid for by a special tax levied on power producers. After Reid and Obama killed the project the producers sued the Federal governmentt and won a $14 billion judgment repaying their taxes. So it was your project, the publics' and we all paid for it.

I made no suggestion of a left wing conspiracy vast or small. My suspicion is that Reid did it to sdatisfy some local Nevada imperative and Obama went along with it because he didn't give a damn. Perhaps you aren't reading very carefully
Builder

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:05 am
@Lash,
Quote:
It'll be analyzed down to tie patterns.

Lots of red and blue ties, but no pattern.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 01:21 am
@georgeob1,
Oh George, I am reading carefully. I'm not projecting, nor am I fantasizing . I understand that you were squeezed by the corrupt beady eyed thin-lipped meanies from Nevada and D.C.. I know you didn't blame the vast left wing conspirisy, I thought you might feel better if I (apparently verified the existence of the libtards trying to rob you of whatever the hell it is you think Democrats want to do to YOUR AMERICA.). But of course you might realize I'm hinting that I view you as a bit of a whiner and an old navy man with a chip on his shoulder. That's not meant to be insulting, I live 10 minutes from the Academy, and my small community is jam packed with retired navy and army officers. We have the retired basketball coach from the academy and unfortunately we lost a basketball coach (active) who moved to coach a different team. So we muddle thru, and the rumor is that when Harry Reid leaves the Senate, he will treat all the retired DOD folks in my ' hood' to a fantastic pool party and Sleepover at the residence of Chuck Schumer at an undisclosed location that will make Republicans drool.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:02 am
@glitterbag,
You presume and patronize far too much. I don't live in the past and I've had little to do with the Navy for the last two decades. I merely recognized Reid (of whom I had no prior knowledge at our meeting) for the mean spirited, grasping little asshole that he is. I doubt very much the accuracy of your story about the old Navy boys in your neighborhood - I don't see them hanging around with either Shumer or Reid, however nothing would really surprise me - I don't live in the past. Either way it is a matter of indifference to me.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:52 am
Real News (a publishing division of Truth In Media) has just received the following letter from a reader in Philadelphia. Our reporting team has investigated and verified the claims made.
"This summer I had a part-time job working at the Philadelphia City Zoo. I love animals and this two month job seemed perfect for me to help out in paying for my college tuition towards a theology degree. One afternoon, I was called to assist in unloading a truck over at the African Lions building. A freezer truck had arrived and we were to unload the contents. The driver unlocked and opened the rear doors and we began removing the large and heavy boxes stacked inside. That was when I noticed the label affixed to each box.

Clinton Foundation Services
Lion food. Guaranteed 40% real Christians
DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:56 am
@blatham,
I'm a Christian and I approve this humor.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 08:07 am
Humor?
0 Replies

skirby

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 10:17 am
@Lash,
From what I read, there is no way Christie was going to make into the cabinet, not if Trump wants to keep his son-in-law happy who is married to the favorite daughter. I guess Christie was good enough to use and then throw away once his usefulness was passed.

Trump son-in-law Kushner reportedly settling Christie score in transition

But I forgot, the whole media is out to get Trump. I just wonder how the new administration is going to manage to tinker around with the free press amendment.

Donald Trump v The Media
Brand X

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:23 pm
@skirby,
The news worsened after the election about Bridgegate, that could change a tune.
0 Replies