When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:27 pm
@blatham,
How very 'Alice thru the looking glass'.
0 Replies

skirby

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:53 pm
@blatham,
To me, Bannon seems bitter of being kicked out the established conservative party and shows a lot of angry resentment towards them and to the progressive left and to anyone is not like him and thinks like him.

Quote:
‘Anger Is a Good Thing’

• “Fear is a good thing. Fear is going to lead you to take action,” he said in a 2010 interview.

• Referring to Ann Coulter, Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin in a 2011 radio interview on Political Vindication Radio, he said: “These women cut to the heart of the progressive narrative. That’s why there are some unintended consequences of the women’s liberation movement. That, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children. They wouldn’t be a bunch of dykes that came from the Seven Sisters schools up in New England. That drives the left insane, and that’s why they hate these women.”

• Mr. Bannon made a movie in 2012 about the Occupy Wall Street protests. He told an interviewer: “After making the Occupy movie, when you finish watching the film, you want to take a hot shower. You want to go home and shower because you’ve just spent an hour and 15 minutes with the greasiest, dirtiest people you will ever see.”

• “I think anger is a good thing,” he told a gathering of conservatives in Washington in 2013, according to a profile in The Atlantic. “This country is in a crisis. And if you’re fighting to save this country, if you’re fighting to take this country back, it’s not going to be sunshine and patriots. It’s going to be people who want to fight.”

Virulently Anti-Establishment’

• “I’m a Leninist,” Mr. Bannon was quoted as saying by a writer for The Daily Beast who met him at a party in 2014. He later said he did not recall the conversation. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too,” the site quoted him as saying. “I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

• “What we need to do is bitch-slap the Republican Party,” he said in a 2010 radio interview on Political Vindication Radio.

• “We don’t believe there is a functional conservative party in this country, and we certainly don’t think the Republican Party is that,” he told the same gathering. “It’s going to be an insurgent, center-right populist movement that is virulently anti-establishment, and it’s going to continue to hammer this city, both the progressive left and the institutional Republican Party.”

• “There is a growing global anti-establishment revolt against the permanent political class at home, and the global elites that influence them, which impacts everyone from Lubbock, Tex., to London, England,” he said in a 2014 interview in The New York Times.

•“Let the grassroots turn on the hate because that’s the ONLY thing that will make them do their duty,” he wrote about Republican leaders in a 2014 email exchange with a Breitbart News editor. The emails were obtained by The Daily Beast.

• “We call ourselves ‘the Fight Club.’ You don’t come to us for warm and fuzzy,” Mr. Bannon told The Washington Post this year. “We think of ourselves as virulently anti-establishment, particularly ‘anti-’ the permanent political class. We say Paul Ryan was grown in a petri dish at the Heritage Foundation.”

At the Helm of Breitbart News

Mr. Bannon took over Breitbart News in 2012 after the death of its founder, Andrew Breitbart, and shifted it further to the right. Critics, including some conservatives formerly associated with it, have denounced Breitbart in its current incarnation as a hate site steeped in misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, white nationalism and anti-Semitism. Here is a sampling of some articles published during Mr. Bannon’s tenure that drew criticism:

• “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” A December 2015 article by Milo Yiannopoulos, who was later barred from Twitter when he was accused of inciting racist and sexist attacks on the actress Leslie Jones, told women that birth control “makes you fat,” “makes your voice unsexy,” “makes you jiggle wrong,” “makes you a slut” and “makes you unsexy all the time.”

• “Bill Kristol: Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew” A May 2016 article by David Horowitz criticized Bill Kristol for his opposition to Mr. Trump as “a political miscalculation so great and a betrayal so profound as to not be easily forgiven.”

• “World Health Organization Report: Trannies 49 Xs Higher HIV Rate” A December 2015 article by Austin Ruse, using a slur for transgender people in the headline, argued that a public health study on sexual health in the transgender community was actually a warning about “how dangerous it is to become ‘transgender.’” The site called it a rebuke to “the ‘transgender’ narrative that is sweeping American culture.”

• “Roger Stone: Huma Abedin ‘Most Likely a Saudi Spy’ With ‘Deep, Inarguable Connections’ to ‘Global Terrorist Entity’” A June 2016 article by Dan Riehl chronicled the belief of Mr. Stone, a Trump adviser, that Ms. Abedin, an aide to Hillary Clinton, was connected to a terrorist conspiracy.

• “There’s No Hiring Bias Against Women in Tech, They Just Suck at Interviews” A July 2016 article by Mr. Yiannopoulos argued that it was women’s fault that tech firms hired so few of them.

• “Lesbian Bridezillas Bully Bridal Shop Owner Over Religious Beliefs” An August 2014 article by Susan Berry criticized a lesbian couple who complained on Facebook about a Pennsylvania bridal shop that refused to sell them wedding dresses.

• “The Solution to Online ‘Harassment’ Is Simple: Women Should Log Off” A July 2016 article by Mr. Yiannopoulos argued that women were “screwing up the internet for men by invading every space we have online and ruining it with attention-seeking and a needy, demanding, touchy-feely form of modern feminism.”

source

Personally I am sick of being told we have to suck it up all the time with these despicable people in charge of the country we live in. I am going to continue to gripe, bring new stories until he leaves office, hopefully, the sooner the better.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:58 pm
@skirby,
Suck it up, it will only be 8 years.
skirby

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:01 pm
@McGentrix,
I am not going to suck it up in silence. So far it is still a free country and I don't approve of Trump as a person nor as a President even if I do respect the office, I will still voice my opinions and bring articles I feel are relevant.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:29 pm
@skirby,
Here's the good news, all the maladjusted low achievers who blame everybody except themselves for not being recognized and envied or admired for whatever magical talents they want to believe they possess, will no longer be whispering in dark places. They think they are mainstreamed, they think racism is now the norm, it will be ok to gay bash, some idiot will smart off to a female judge and I think after a while they will realize the time for all that nonsense and stupidity has long passed.
giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:32 pm
@McGentrix,
I agree, suck it up... that's what you'd be saying if the Clinton crime family had taken over the Oval Office.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 02:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Suck it up,get over it, we won... We got next! Deal with it. (heh heh heh)
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:06 pm
@giujohn,
Hey, sincere congratulations. Of course I'm disappointed, but it's been entertaining in a perverse way watching Trump and the kids trying to come to grips with the reality of government service. I suspect Trump thinks he just took over a business but at some point either he or someone in his camp will realize we have a system of checks and balances. So far the infighting is mind boggling, but it's better than any reality show (because reality shows are fake and this stuff is better than any hack script writer's efforts)

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 03:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Trump is going to learn soon enough that "I" in his vocabulary is meaningless.
Brand X

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Obama certainly never learned that.
giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Infighting if you believe the New York Times but according to more unbiased sources things are going along just fine.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:45 pm
Typical mouth-breathing press, but hey, they have 24 hours of bloviating to fill.

They knew Trump thought he was going to lose in October yet he's supposed to have a cabinet locked down ten minutes after he won....and no one thought he would. He was as unprepared to win as the Dems were to lose.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:52 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
I understand how difficult this health care debate has been. I know that many in this country are deeply skeptical that government is looking out for them. I understand that the politically safe move would be to kick the can further down the road - to defer reform one more year, or one more election, or one more term. But that's not what the moment calls for. That's not what we came here to do. We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it. I still believe we can act even when it's hard. I still believe we can replace acrimony with civility, and gridlock with progress. I still believe we can do great things, and that here and now we will meet history's test. Because that is who we are. That is our calling. That is our character.[6]
Brand X

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Proved nothing.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 05:31 pm
@Brand X,
Trump has been president elect for 8 days and has already named the chief of staff and a senior adviser. Anybody care to check and see how other presidents back to Jimmy Carter's transition progressed... Including Barack Obama. The Press is so disingenuous. It's been 8 days and they want us to believe that it's a knife fight going on behind the scenes... That's just utterly laughable. But that's what we can expect for the next four years out of the press. After all they're smarting pretty badly after the electorate trounced their smug cocksure stance that Trump would never be president.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 06:43 pm
I think there probably is an insane amount of murder going on within the transition. It's like a prom queen contest on steroids. Like every other transition, but more so because most other---**** ALL OTHER ---campaigns have more structure if for no other reason than experience and working relationships that have developed over time.

This is probably viciously contentious as factions and personalities are jostling for spots; meanwhile, a billionaire narcissist is trying to recognize and assert his leadership -or dick size- meanwhile Pence is probably fighting off Christie and other factions trying to edge him aside.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in this particular game of thrones.
Lash

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 06:47 pm
Trust me, a pretty vicious scourge is running through the Dems, too.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 06:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump is going to learn soon enough that "I" in his vocabulary is meaningless.

What logical reasoning are you using to suggest that an old dog like trump is capable of learning something that may be simple to you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:31 am
@Lash,
I think you are listen to the "Media" again. Haven't they fooled you enough? I mean how many times can they try to tell what to think?

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
giujohn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 07:40 am
@McGentrix,
I think it goes: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.