When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 01:53 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Wonder what war tRump will start so he will be elected for a 2nd term?
I wonder if him and North Korea will start something to show the world who is the most dominant dog.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:20 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
who would you consider to be a threat to the US of A at this point in time?

I think a better question would be, "Who would you consider to be the most threatened by the US of A at this point in time? Do you think the USA is strongest military power on earth?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
The US doesn't threaten anyone or any country. Most governments in this world know that the US is the superpower of this world in both economy and military might.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 05:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The US doesn't threaten anyone or any country. Most governments in this world know that the US is the superpower of this world in both economy and military might.

Do you have empirical evidence that US doesn't threaten anyone or any country? Do you think we might be a threat to whistle blowers who show evidence of our ethical rules violations?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
What are you asking about "empirical evidence?" It's common sense; the US is the strongest economically and militarily. If that isn't empirical, I don't know what is!

Do you have any empirical evidence that the USA threatens any country?

We don't threaten; we impose sanctions.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do you have any empirical evidence that the USA threatens any country?

You may want to ask other people in other countries to share their view points with you. You should not believe me or anyone else but rather come to your own understanding by the questions you ask. Do you really think that we are not in the colonial business?
Many people think that we are a Christian nation and as with all Abrahamic religions we are pastoral or herding societies. Just as Muslims, Jews and us Christians. We were the people who thought the Good ship Jesus was a good ship.

Maybe if you truly care about your descendants you will consider what this sociologist has to share. We all perceive reality differently than each other but my question to you is, "Do you think that there may be a better working model of a good society than what you think is good?

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The US doesn't threaten anyone or any country.

Let's put up an example. This was covered in the Ottawa Citizen in a long series on the drug wars written by Dan Gardner.

10 or 15 years ago, New Zealand was moving towards legalization of marijuana (and perhaps more, I don't recall exactly). A delegation was sent by the Bush administration which warned NZ that if it proceeded in this direction, the American market for sheep products would be significantly damaged. NZ backed down.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 07:12 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
the American market for sheep products would be significantly damaged. NZ backed down.

I think that is what cicerone meant when he said We don't threaten; we impose sanctions. When sanctions don't work we will come and see and he will die.

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 07:13 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Cast of Hamilton tries to embarrass vice president elect... Prediction: attendance at Hamilton will drop precipitously.

LOL. Hamilton's already sold out until August, 2017.
blatham

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 07:43 pm
@nimh,
Quote:

Yes, that's correct. And the cast is expecting that there will be even more attendance capacity given that Trump is likely to advance traditional policies that allocate only 2/3 of a seat to black people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 07:47 pm
@blatham,
Couldn't find anything on Bush's threat against New Zealand.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 07:54 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:

Yes, that's correct. And the cast is expecting that there will be even more attendance capacity given that Trump is likely to advance traditional policies that allocate only 2/3 of a seat to black people.

Maybe I am wrong but did you mean 3/5?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 08:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Couldn't find anything on Bush's threat against New Zealand.

I respect your effort and I too came to the same conclusion.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 10:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's in here but I'm not going to bother digging it out
http://www.cfdp.ca/ottcit.htm

ps... this series is the best account of the history of the war on drugs I've ever read. For those interested and who don't mind reading, it's a real keeper.
blatham

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 10:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Maybe I am wrong but did you mean 3/5?

You ain't wrong. Me wrong.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:51 am
@blatham,
Thanks for that. Not new to me but once in awhile I need to read it elsewhere to reassure myself the entire world isn't brain dead on the subject.

Congrats to the Canadians on their last election BTW
blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 01:47 pm
@Leadfoot,
That series really was the best history and overview of the subject I'd come across. It still holds that status for me.

And yes, our last election was pretty wonderful. Getting Harper and his people out of power was long overdue. As it happens, I'd first become politically active when Justin's dad Pierre first ran. I wasn't of age to vote but joined the Young Liberals and became an activist.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:18 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Prediction: attendance at Hamilton will drop precipitously.
“Hamilton” is the first Broadway show ever to gross more than $3 million for an eight-performance week.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 08:21 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

giujohn wrote:

Cast of Hamilton tries to embarrass vice president elect... Prediction: attendance at Hamilton will drop precipitously.

I would expect some consequences from this action.

The consequence appears to be record breaking gross for Hamilton..... Wink
McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 08:27 am
@DrewDad,
Always follow your nose dd.
0 Replies