When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:57 am
It is because of the liberal media and political correctness that lying, dominating others, corruption and punishment have such a bad name.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 06:33 am
@blatham,
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Blatham appears to have a case of the vapors. Perhaps the week has been a draining experience.

He evidently sees the liberal media and political correctitude as the only remaining ources of virtue in our society. The contrast with the long-term self-serving behavior of the Clintons in expoliting political position for profit and to financially sustain their large coterie of political operatives and influence peddlers, and of course Hillary's chronic taste for lies and evasion, could not be more stark.

Venality and self-serving behavior are a part of human nature and no group is immune to them. The distinguishing feature of today's liberals is that they appear to really believe that only their **** doesn't stink. Truly remarkable blindness.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 06:49 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Are you actually going to hang your hat on "he has thin lips and mean eyes"?

I don't think you're stupid george, but your choice of words just conjured up some ugly sentiments that I thought had long since been rejected and discredited. Then after you share this foolish superstition, suddenly you think I've implied some threat???? Tsk tsk tsk

Sentiments rejected by whom???? Certainly not you.

I accurately described my impressions after a one hour face to face, one on one meeting, initiated by then junior Senator Reid on an issue that concerned him. In this case it was the Yucca Mountain Project for the construction of a high level nuclear waste repository at a site within the normer nuclear weapons test range in Nevada. He harrangued me for 40 minutes on the importance of the project and it's budget to the nation ( not that I had any particular power or influence on the matter - I was merely the incoming President of the operating company at a major DOE site in another state. The irony when 14 years (and $18 billion dollars) later the project was successfully completed, he single-handedly prevented its opening (in a deal with Obama), could not have been greater.

Reid is one of the most disagreeable and obnoxious humans I have ever met and his demeanor at that meeting reflected the same backbiting, mean spirited qualites as do his many public statements. He is also famously the most corrupt member of the Senate.
blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 11:06 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The distinguishing feature of today's liberals is that they appear to really believe that only their **** doesn't stink.

This is available for empirical test. Please give me your mailing address and I ship off some of mine. Guaranteed untreated.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 11:27 am
@georgeob1,
George, You know about nuclear waste more than anybody else on a2k. I worked with nuclear weapons in USAF backers in the fifties. At the beginning, we had to man handle the nuclear capsule incased in lead to insert them into the bomb, but that changed before I got my discharge. They were included in the bombs. Will those lead covering keep it safe after they are disposed of in Nevada?
blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 11:50 am
Winner of today's prestigious "Well now, ain't that somethin" award in the Karmic **** category. The topic - given that Trump is facing some 75 legal cases, can he be dragged into court again and again and again?
Quote:
[Paula] Jones' Supreme Court victory was due in part to the work of George Conway III, a Republican lawyer who is married to Trump's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway. When Jones' case first became public in May 1994, Conway was a 30-something lawyer at the law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and a member of the Federalist Society, a conservative legal group. Conway penned an op-ed in the Los Angeles Times arguing that Clinton was relying on dubious legal arguments. "In a case involving his private conduct, a President should be treated like any private citizen," he wrote. "The rule of law requires no more—and no less."

The op-ed brought Conway to the attention of Jones' lawyers, Gilbert Davis and Joseph Cammarata. (Cammarata now represents seven women accusing Bill Cosby of sexual assault and other charges.) Subsequently, Conway spent several years quietly working pro-bono with Jones' legal team and a group of other conservative lawyers. This crew ultimately exposed Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky and sparked impeachment proceedings against the president.

In 1996, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the case should move forward, saying that it could find no "case in which any public official ever has been granted any immunity from suit for his unofficial acts." Clinton appealed the decision, asking the Supreme Court to delay the trial until after he left office. Conway wrote the Supreme Court brief for Jones. In a unanimous decision written by liberal Justice John Paul Stevens, the court agreed with Conway, and the Jones case proceeded. Clinton was subsequently forced to submit to hours of depositions in the case—a first for a sitting president. Jones ultimately settled with Clinton for $850,000.
http://bit.ly/2fhgBf4
giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:13 pm
@blatham,
This would be winner in the category of: "So what...who cares."

Now if any of these were real criminal trials not just those seeking a lotto like payout from a billionaire businessman you might have something there. But then that would be an interesting constitutional question if a president could be impeached for Criminal acts committed before he was elected. I don't see that happening. The civil cases if they proceed will be without Trump having to show up in court and at the very most having to give a deposition and will either be thrown out of court or settled monetarily and will have no effect on his presidency hence... So what?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Nevada site is for the disposal of spent fuel from our commercial reactors.The right way to do this is to reprocess the fuel chemically, extracting the still fissionable Uranium, plutonium and Thorium (Thorium is not directly fissionable but it breeds fissionable nuclides itself) from the fuel, thereby reducing the waste stream and producing anouther round of fuel with nearly the energy producing potential of the original. Unfortunately we don't do that.

Some of the nuclides in nuclear waste have very long half lives, and they need to be isolated in a stable environment for a long time. Happily the volume of such wastes is relatively small, and it is a readily solvable engineering problem. The French store theirs in tunnels in the Alps. Yucca Mountain is an even better designed and more stable facility.

The nuclides in the weapons you were handling were mostly alpha emitters which can't even penetreate your skin. They were no external hazard at all, but I wouldn't recommend eating the stuff.
blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:20 pm
God I do respect this man. His integrity? Only one word fits the bill - Amazing!
Quote:
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
8:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012
giujohn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:23 pm
@blatham,
Wow... Donald Trump is guilty of political hyperbole... So I guess he's a politician after all huh? Once again, so what?
blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:32 pm
Looks like 2016 is going lay a big can of whupass on the previous record, set in 2015, of hottest year evah http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v3/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt
God damn those sun spots!

But let me allay your fears. Trump is going to build a ceiling and make Apollo pay for it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:36 pm
I'm just hoping I don't have to shovel all the snow we used to get. Florida won't be missed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:39 pm
@georgeob1,
We used to wear rubber gloves at the beginning. But more importantly, we wore exposure badge that were measured for exposure on a regular basis. I learned later not to trust our govaernment totally, but having produced two healthy children many years later relieved my worries.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The rubber gloves were all you needed.The naturally abundant thorium in soils in many areas of the country exhibits the identical alpha radiation.

If you want to double your dose of radioactivity just move to Aspen Co. The 7,000 ft elevation will increase your solar radiation dose by an increment greater than the max allowed for a radiation worker, and the abundant granite in the soil is a wonderful source of radon gas which is truly dangerous.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:44 pm
Sure, her large whirling eyes might suggest she's seeing demon spaceships invisible to others but her words reveal the sturdy sanity of her thoughts
Quote:
Bachmann said that during and prior to the election, prayer warriors were spread all across the country and tasked with offering up “very specific” prayers “for specific states, for specific counties, for specific percentages in cities that we needed to have” and God delivered.

“We saw the Lord answer so specifically that only the hand of God could do that,” she said. “Let’s pray and join and ask the Lord that godly believers would be put in these key sensitive positions. People that the Lord will use for blessing for the United States and for the world. This was the number one story of 2016: God answering the prayers of his people.”
http://bit.ly/2fhpuFC
georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:46 pm
@blatham,
It seems to me Bernie that you regularly equivalent credulity, but to less meaningful sources.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:52 pm
@georgeob1,
george , you're starting to sound a tad hysterical. I'm suggesting that you are relying on old wives tales and that's leading you to snap judgements.

But I am truly heartbroken that President Obama and Senator Reid viciously conspired and thwarted your nuclear waste disposal government contract. I'm relying on your version of this story, I didn't verify your stsatements. It has to be awful to be the target of a vast left wing conspiracy.
blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:00 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It seems to me Bernie that you regularly equivalent credulity, but to less meaningful sources.
I find myself wishing that made sense.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:21 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I find myself wishing that made sense.

So do I, I thought maybe spellcheck switched equate to equivalent....but that wouldn't make sense.....I actually just read that out loud to mr. G,bag asking him if it made sense to him.....it didn't. Personally I think if your goal is biting sarcasm, you need a better command of the Queens. Other wise you make mistakes like "I found him in the corner of the room curled up in the fecal position". I actually heard somebody say that once, I treasure those moments.

PS. What's less meaningful than Michelle Bachmann
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:22 pm
Today's installment of the ever-popular site feature, Adventures in English.
Quote:
[Rep Steve King (R-IA)] cited Trump's past comments, apparently referring to the leaked 2005 "Access Hollywood" recording where Trump discussed grabbing women by the genitals. King said that voters looked at Trump's remarks "far more pragmatically," and recommended people do the same for Bannon.
http://bit.ly/2eGLvkP