When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

Blickers

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:24 am
@maporsche,
Stein has her heart in the right place on a lot of things, but some things about her are entirely disqualifying.

I admit I'm still not 100 percent convinced about the safety of vaccines, although I would not advise any parent not to get their kid vaccinated. I'm not convinced vaccines are bad, I'm just not totally convinced they're as safe as everyone claims. I took a flu shot some years ago and a few days later ended up with a rip roaring autoimmune disease that took years to get rid of-I'm still getting regular checkups by a rheumatologist. And I'm not the only one that happened to. Still, I would not counsel anyone to have their kid skip the vaccinations, just not certain more studies don't need to be done.

What makes Stein unacceptable is her buddying up to Putin. She wants to virtually concede Ukraine to Russian control or semi-control after Ukraine became a totally indeppendent country. She wants to disband NATO, which is an open invitation to have Russia reclaim it's Eastern European Empire-and be in a position to pressure Western Europe as well.
revelette2

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 06:22 am
When I first heard of the deplorable speech, I thought then it was a calculated gamble and it appears to have paid off in her favor.

AP-GfK poll: 'Deplorables' comment sticks to him, not her

Quote:
WASHINGTON — It was supposed to be her "47 percent" moment.

When Hillary Clinton said that half of Donald Trump's supporters belonged in a "basket of deplorables," Republicans thought they just might have found her campaign-crushing-blunder.

The gaffe, they hoped, was a way to cement an image as an out-of-touch snob, just as Democrats did four years ago to Mitt Romney after he said "47 percent" of voters backed President Barack Obama because they were "dependent on government."

But a new Associated Press-GfK poll finds that Clinton's stumble didn't have quite the impact that Trump and his supporters wanted. Instead, it's Trump who's viewed as most disconnected and disrespectful.

Sixty percent of registered voters say he does not respect "ordinary Americans," according to the poll. That's far more than the 48 percent who say the same about Clinton.

Blickers

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 07:55 am
@revelette2,
I think the "basket of deplorables" speech was a well-thought out metaphor, which, like most of such brilliant phrases, caught the intended target completely off guard.

For one thing, a "basket" of anything is a feminine image. While there are some technical terms using the word like "market basket" for economic measures, (although that was likely invented by statisticians to conjure up images of a woman shopping for the family at the market), and "engine in a basket", which is a descriptive term for the common case of a teenage son who decided to hot rod his car by tearing down the engine and removing cylinder heads, cams and all kinds of machined components, then halfway through abandoning the project and leaving auto parts in various tubs and receptacles all over the garage. Most of the time though, baskets involve things women do more than men.

And women are the primary intended audience for that remark. Polls show that while Trump has a majority among whites, his majority with white males is enormously greater than among white females, and there is some indication he is becoming less popular with white women as well. Appealing to women who use baskets for decorative uses around the house is speaking their language to them, and it is an effective way to utilize the fact that women are also somewhat repelled by all the bikers with swastika tatoos, which seems to be the group Trump is increasingly appealing to.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 07:57 am
@Blickers,
It appears to me that you are working very hard to polish a turd.
Blickers

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 08:03 am
@georgeob1,
According to the latest polls, Trump is the one getting flushed. +7 point lead for Hillary from the latest McClatchy-Marist survey.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 09:20 am
@Blickers,
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 09:21 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It appears to me that you are working very hard to polish a turd.

That is what the DNC and the RNC are known for.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 07:03 pm
@maporsche,
They will suffer much worse settling down to the bottom of the food chain in neoliberal America. Some people think four years of an idiot doesn't compare to the damage that can be done by a hawkish neolib proponent.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 07:33 pm
@Lash,
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 07:23 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Some people think four years of an idiot

Eight years of an idiot gave us a quagmire in Iraq, the rise of ISIS, and the worst financial crisis in 70 years....

But sure, let's try that again. It worked out so well the last time.
woiyo

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 10:25 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
and the worst financial crisis in 70 years....

When will you and the Obama supporters admit that Bush must be a GENIUS since in 8 years you can not figure out how to "fix" the so called worst financial crisis in 70 years.

Clinton has better ideas on how to fix it? I have not heard them.
Blickers

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 10:37 am
@woiyo,
Largely, he did fix it. When Obama first took office, the country had LOST 6 Million Full Time jobs the previous year under Bush. In the last 12 months alone, the country has GAINED 2.5 Million Full Time jobs and over 5 Million Full Time jobs in the last two years. Conservatives sit and listen to the doomsayers on the radio pound away at how bad a shape American is supposed to be in, and America has not been in bad shape for years. And we are getting better. Crime continues to fall, life expectancy continues to go up. Cheer up already, it's a great time to be alive.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 11:15 am
@Blickers,
"largely" that's true. However the recovery from the collapse of a real estate bubble in 2007 has been the slowest such recovery (in relative terms) in several decades, even despite very large increases in national debt associated with generally ill conceived pump priming spent on subsidizing overinflated government bureaucracies as opposed to the "shovel ready" public infrastructure projects promised. ( Significantly recoveries from collapsed bubbles are much faster than others -- it took some active stupidity to slow this one down.) Worse the underlying average growth rate of our economy is slowing. In this area a 1% drop in the annual rate is very significant indeed, given the associated annual increases in our population, national debt and other like factors. The Federal Reserve has recently lowered its projections for our near term economic growth rates to their lowest levels in decades. These are not indicators of reliable good times, notwithstading Blickers' repeated claims.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:27 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

When will you and the Obama supporters admit that Bush must be a GENIUS since in 8 years you can not figure out how to "fix" the so called worst financial crisis in 70 years.

Huh? Have you missed the last eight years where the US recovered from the 2007/2008 financial crisis?

I certainly don't consider YOU a genius, genius.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:40 pm
Isaac Saul: I Wrote That I Despised Hillary Clinton. Today, I Want To Publicly Take It Back.

Last edited Wed Sep 28, 2016, 01:07 PM - Edit history (1)
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/12220124

When this election began, I was like millions of millennial men: a “Bernie bro” rooting hard for Sen. Sanders.

Watching the candidate of my dreams get steam late and lose in the primary wasn’t so different from watching my favorite football team not have enough energy to complete a fourth quarter rally. Hopeful, exciting, but ultimately deflating and disappointing.

When Hillary Clinton became the presumptive Democratic nominee, I was distraught. Months before I had written about her on Huffington Post, explaining that I despised her not for her gender — as some of her supporters accused — but for her hawkishness, her center-left policies, her husband’s crime bill that incarcerated so many people of color, her support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and her inability to get progressive on climate change policy.

I’ve spent almost every waking hour of every day following this election, reading about Hillary, Donald Trump, both parties’ platforms, and the under-qualified Libertarian and Green Party candidates running. During these months of obsessing over my choice, I’ve watched my position slowly shift. I’ve felt myself start advocating for Hillary more than advocating a vote against Trump, culminating in last night’s debate when she finally, totally, completely won me over.

In an election that features one of the most well-documented liars and scam artist businessmen to ever run for public office, much of the attention has been on him — how we can’t put him in office, give him keys to a nuclear warhead, trust him in the most powerful position in the world. Some of it has been more positive: how he’d turn the system on its head, be a Washington outsider, completely rewrite the script. While it’s easy to make the case for voting against Trump, it occurred to me during the debate last night how much we’ve taken Clinton for granted.
...When November rolls around, you’ll have my vote.

And you’ll get it enthusiastically.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/isaac-saul/i-wrote-that-i-despised-hillary-clinton-i-take-it-back_b_12220124.html
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I wonder how much Isaac Saul was paid to support Hitlary.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:12 pm
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
Probably about the same amount your being paid to support tRump.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:27 pm
@RABEL222,
If I had to be paid for a choice between Hillary or Trump I would prefer Trump even though there may be a good chance he would not pay up. Rolling Eyes

How will you sleep at night if you allow Trump to be president?
Lash

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 05:59 am
Quite interesting Twitter response to Chelsea Clinton from Juanita Broaddrick.
0 Replies