When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

maporsche

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 11:19 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

What may (or may not) motivate Lash is something only she can tell us. What possible validity could your idle speculations on the matter have?

I recognize that this provides a convenient opportunity for you to villify a person who (ghasp !) holds political views different from your own, and that doing so rquires far less mental energy and knowledge than actually addressing the issues she and others have raised concerning your favored candidates and views. However, I wonder if you recognize how truly contemptable is your back biting behavior on this matter..

I don't share Lash's expressed political views, and don't claim to really know the evolution of her thoughts on these matters (and don't believe either of you really know either). . More to the point I don't feel any need to vilify her as a person for expressing them, and do not see any validity in you two doing so. She is as free to express her views here as are you,

Are things that slow and boring now in the UK ? Have the BREXIT dispute; the ascent of a new government, and the continuing antics of Jeremy Corbyn not provided sufficient distraction?

Tell me obiwan, how should one respond to this?

Quote:
I disagree with you and plainly see that we have two horrible presidential candidates. You are squirming around like a pinned worm trying to avoid the reality of Hillary Clinton and the neoliberalism she champions, and your ridiculous avoidance of who and what she is will lead this country into a nightmare transformation.

I'm thinking and looking ahead.

You should try it.
revelette2

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:13 pm
@maporsche,
Or worse this one, paying particular attention to the last overblown paragraph.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
You're right. I'm not "a Bernie person." Unlike you, I'm not a slave to a political party or a charismatic personality. I think for myself.

I respect Bernie to a point. Like millions of other Bernie primary voters.

You're a sheep, blindly handing another big payday- along with your freedom- to billionaires who laugh at you over cocktails.

You're killing black men at routine traffic stops, siccing dogs on native Americans who're protecting their water, killing people with poison water in Flint, and stripping away your children's privacy. You are responsible
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:22 pm
@georgeob1,
Amen.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:51 pm
Quinnipiac Poll Shows 5 Point Clinton Lead
LIKELY VOTERS

WHITE...................................... COLLEGE DEG
................................... Tot......Rep.....Dem.....Ind ..Men ...Wom ... Yes .. No
Clinton................... ... 48% .... 10% . .. 92% .. 40% .. 41% .. 54% .. 50% 33%
Trump........................ 43 ... ... 86 .... 4 . ... .. 45 ...... 50 . ... 36 .. ... 44 ... 59
SMONE ELSE(VOL).......3 2 - 7 4 2 4 2
DK/NA ..........................6 2 4 8 5 7 3 7
McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:04 pm
@Blickers,
The latest Rasmussen Reports weekly White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows...

White House Watch: Trump 42%, Clinton 40%, Johnson 7%, Stein 2%

I like how you cherry pick... Have a bowl of my cherries.
Blickers

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:15 pm
@McGentrix,
Quinnipiac is a recognized poll, much respected.

Rasmussen Poll is much quoted by right wing media and nobody else, since it favors the Republicans by absurd amounts. For instance, the day before the 2000 election, the Rasmussen Poll had George W. Bush beating Al Gore in the popular vote by 9 points. Of course, Gore won the popular vote by 1 point.

Being off 1 or 2 percent in a presidential election is certainly understandable. Being off by 10 percent means that you ought to go into the bakery business or manufacturing outerwear. Anything but polling. Yet Rasmussen goes on, always giving Republican candidates a huge advantage which is never borne out on Election Day.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:19 pm
@Blickers,
What about the LA Times, CNN, Reuters? Are they Republican shills as well? I am sure that every poll that shows Trump ahead will somehow be inferior in your eyes. No way Clinton could be losing to Trump, right? I mean she is the better candidate for you lefties...
Blickers

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:38 pm
@McGentrix,
In point of fact, the polls show a very slight advantage for Mrs. Clinton at this time. The LA Times / USC poll, for some reason, seems to favor Trump consistently this election, showing him 5 points or so better off than the other polls average. Last presidential election, Gallup had a ridiculous screening test for "likely voters" over registered voters that also favored Romney by about 5 points. At least Gallup has a history of being more or less fair, and I think the LA Times is fairly new this year. Nobody's perfect. Rasmussen started off absurdly skewed to the point where they essentially disqualified themselves from ever being taken seriously again, and they carried on in that vein for years and years.

It's a nice living, I guess. Take money from Republican sources and you deliver what Republicans want to see. Beats honest work.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 01:49 pm
My preference is for sites like 270towin as they give you the results of state and national polls to look at as well as their analyses based on popular vote/electoral college (and pundit info if that interests you)

fivethirtyeight's electoral college graphic is interesting.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

The more polls of registered voters to consider the better IMNSHO.

fivethirtyeight has 686 national polls to consider right now.

___

It's probably more fun if it's not your election.
Blickers

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Arizona is only leaning 4.6% Republican? That's almost always a red state.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 08:57 pm
@Lash,
I am looking ahead. Looking ahead to voting for Hillary for president.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I like how you cherry pick... Have a bowl of my cherries.

Right you are. Yours are straight from the tree.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 06:12 am

Poll: Clinton Leads Trump Ahead of First Debate

Quote:
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leads Republican Donald Trump by six points among likely voters heading into the first presidential debate on Monday, according to a brand-new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The survey - which was conducted after Clinton's return to the campaign trail following her bout with pneumonia - shows a bigger advantage for the secretary of state than did polls taken during the heightened scrutiny of her health.
Brand X

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 06:25 am
Hillary asked herself in a speech why she wasn't 50 points ahead of Trump.....then blamed it on him not having his message out when everything he says or tweets is on the news 24/7. She just can't look in the mirror.
revelette2

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:18 am
@Brand X,
It really doesn't matter as long she is ahead and stays ahead which she is and will continue to be. As some are fond of saying, this election is really not about a person or party. Since Trump became the nominee of the GOP it is more about keeping Trump out of the White House.

People like to play Monday morning quarterback but I honestly think if Bernie had the nominee of the democrats. Trump would be ahead given the summer we have had, people would not have trusted Bernie with our security or our economy. The right would have framed it like Bernie was going to tax us into poverty by his social government and make our country weak. IMHO
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:43 am
@revelette2,
Well, combined with some other polls, Hillary seems to be headed up again. Which has been the pattern all year-Hillary comfortably ahead, Trump surges to being just about even, then Trump falls back for a few months.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2016_38/1718086/clinton_leads_trump_by_6_points_four_way_horserace_final_adbadeab3d218b77e32a0b94c814ca19.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

And here's the trend so far this past year:

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/real%20clear%20politics%20chart%20hillary%20trump_zpsqglmspjs.jpg

So it looks like Trump's another one of Trump's surges is falling short again and his popularity goes downhill once more.
maporsche

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:45 am
@Blickers,
Let's just hope that he's not almost even on 11/8....
Blickers

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:48 am
@maporsche,
With the news filled with all sorts of racial unrest, terrorist bombings and other things that cover up the real progress that has been made the past 7 years, I think I'll settle for Trump being almost, but not quite, up to Hillary on 11/8.

The Senate would be nice to have as well, but we can't have Trump in the White House under any circumstances. Just can't.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:00 am
@Blickers,
Are Johnson and Stein even on all of the ballots?
maporsche

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:01 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Are Johnson and Stein even on all of the ballots?

Johnson is I believe.

Stein is a joke and shouldn't even be mentioned. She's almost as big an embarrassment as Trump.