Is Morally OK to do this kind of job? (covering-up AFFAIRS)

Amazid

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2016 05:13 am
I am freelancer who not long ago started in the uk to provide a service of let´s say: "performing" for people.

Although there are a lots of services that are "morally" just fine, one of the services that the clients ask more are the one who me myself I perform a character in which I am a friend, colleague, spontaneous (or whatever) and my job is to be at the right moment and the right place to cover up a false story of the cheater to make the husband (or the wife) belive it in a solid way. This often consists of a long-term contract (maybe in one case i can be "the friend" of the cheater) and lot of times i end making a friendship with the cheated person! (which ironically it is more true that the one i usually have with my clients )

The problem is that for once in my life i finally discovered that i´m really good at something, and is giving me good money too to expand the business in the future if i want too (not sure how i would do this obviously) BUT at the other hand I think I harming a lot of people (or at least perpetuating the lie which finally will harm a lot of people).

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2016 07:43 am
@Amazid,
Yes, you are rather directly hurting people. Can you live with this? I have no idea.

Recognize that children may be involved. Plus there may be other people involved, not necessarily affair partners. If wife didn't marry suitor #1 in favor of suitor #2, and now you are helping her husband (AKA suitor #2) cheat on her, you are also indirectly hurting suitor #1 by making it easier for the husband to string his wife along.

At least here in the US, divorce comes attached to a rather nasty financial component. Women in particular are often financially devastated by a divorce - and it's usually worse the longer they are in a marriage and not looking for work or socking money away for themselves or getting education. Of course this happens to men as well. Of course divorce is no picnic, but if your actions are directly keeping people in bad marriages, then that is directly financially hitting them.
https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/how-marriage-and-divorce-impact-economic-opportunity/
https://blog.mint.com/planning/the-financial-impact-of-divorce-062012/

Further, if your actions keep people in a bad marriage and they have another child (or they have their first child), then your actions are really impacting their futures.

Want to lie for a living? Then become a private investigator.
Eliusa

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 12:20 pm
@jespah,
If she isn't doing it - someone will.
End of story.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
@jespah,
I see private investigator who ruins marriages is the same thing that OP is doing. No?
As it was said before here - cheating don't always ruins marriage - divorces do.
0 Replies