Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?

AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
Would you care to tell us what this fact is?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:52 am
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

I read from varied sources including many on the left. But I suspect you're not going to allude to the fact that I'm some type of liberal are you?

So you're going with the "I don't only read racist websites" excuse?

You think that solves your problem?
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 12:01 pm
@maporsche,
I don't have a problem and I don't subscribe to your opinion but I do have an open mind and I read varied sources apparently you on the other hand have no use or anything that doesn't strictly align with your and I must emphasize the word your opinion. I believe that's the penultimate definition of close-minded. I have read the Bible it doesn't make me a Christian I read the Torah that does not make me a Jew I read the Quran that does not make me a Muslim I read Mien Kampf, that doesn't mean I'm Hitler I read Mao that doesn't mean I'm a communist.

Seems to me that you're deflecting by trying to put me on the offensive... Which only tells me that you have no legitimate counter in this discourse.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 12:10 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

But I did. So you can blather on about the analysis or you can dispute the statistics... The cold hard numbers. Let me see if I can make it easier for you Mia culpa Mia culpa Mia Culpa a thousand pardons for posting the analysis... Now can you dispute the numbers or not? You see because I'm being accused of being a racist simply because I'm lying about the statistics... Not the analysis... The cold hard numbers.

Let me see if I get this right. You admit you use a racist site in order to misinterpret statistics, but in some alternative universe it's ok? I think you have just admitted to being maybe the dumbest person online. In other words, you lied about the interpretation in order to make the numbers prove a racist theory but that's not what makes you a racist. You might just not be bright enough to be a racist.
By the way, It's Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea maxima culpa......I thought you skinheads had at least a dim notion of dictionary.

maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 12:34 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

I don't have a problem and I don't subscribe to your opinion but I do have an open mind and I read varied sources apparently you on the other hand have no use or anything that doesn't strictly align with your and I must emphasize the word your opinion. I believe that's the penultimate definition of close-minded. I have read the Bible it doesn't make me a Christian I read the Torah that does not make me a Jew I read the Quran that does not make me a Muslim I read Mien Kampf, that doesn't mean I'm Hitler I read Mao that doesn't mean I'm a communist.

Seems to me that you're deflecting by trying to put me on the offensive... Which only tells me that you have no legitimate counter in this discourse.

If I posted things from a Jihadist website exposing viewpoints or statistics that promote Jihad would you give me the benefit of the doubt that I was not, in fact, Jihadist?
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:04 pm
@maporsche,
The difference is the statistics from the Department of Justice regardless were they found stand on their own. Big don't indoors or promote racism they merely State the facts so your comparison of a Jihad website is moot. And I would only ascribe a Viewpoint to you when you have owned that viewpoint by your words.
maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:09 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:
The difference is the statistics from the Department of Justice regardless were they found stand on their own. Big don't indoors or promote racism they merely State the facts so your comparison of a Jihad website is moot.

Do you know what "cherry-picking" means? Do you understand how groups/people can "cherry-pick" statistics that appear to promote their agenda while ignoring statistics that refute their agendas? Or how groups/people can draw wrong conclusions based on statistics that may be true?

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:16 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

And of course you have proof that the numbers that were taken from the Department of Justice website or false right I'm waiting with bated breath for you to expose this Injustice.

I gave you the correct link, but honestly, I doubt it matters. There are two kinds of racist comments here. Some are made inadvertently by people who try not to be racist and they reconsider when the correct facts are pointed out. Others are made by racists trying to be racist and no amount of fact checking will ever matter.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:28 pm
@engineer,
(someone might be interested in the actual numbers)

engineer wrote:

AC14747 wrote:

I notice that none of your figures include the fact that while blacks comprise only 13% of the population they commit the majority of violent crime and you talk about drug use but mentioned nothing about drug sales and it's a well-known fact that the blacks control the street trade of illegal drugs.

No it's not. Or perhaps it is in white supremacist circles where the truth is not as important as the message. Whites commit the majority of violent crimes in the US and have the majority of drug sales and manufacturing arrests.

Bureau of Justice Statistics
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:36 pm
@engineer,
You gave no link
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:38 pm
@AC14747,
He did - as always, they are the words in blue.

His entire post - with the link - is in the post immediately above yours.
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:43 pm
@maporsche,
Regardless what you are characterizing as cherry picking the numbers are what they are and they show that blacks being a small percentage of the population represent a large percentage of violent crime, a disproportionate large number. That was my point...no racism in making the observation...just the facts ma'am.
maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:44 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

He did - as always, they are the words in blue.

His entire post - with the link - is in the post immediately above yours.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:48 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

Regardless what you are characterizing as cherry picking the numbers are what they are and they show that blacks being a small percentage of the population represent a large percentage of violent crime, a disproportionate large number. That was my point...no racism in making the observation...just the facts ma'am.

Here are some more statistics you should consider before making your point.

Please read this and then come back and let us know if you arrive at a different conclusion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-farbota/black-crime-rates-your-st_b_8078586.html
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:54 pm
@engineer,
Turns out you were right.

That whole benefit of the doubt route I went ...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:54 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I respect your views but I just like to add that I have never seen any evidence to indicate that Martin Luther King was a communist.

Not that he was a card carrying Communist, but that possible political thinking, in some tv documentary, was supposed to be a detraction from his civil rights mission. Possibly my memory doesn't serve me correctly, and he was only investigated for that "leaning"? So, let me repeat what I was told in basic training by the sergeant that advised us enlistees upon a 2 a.m. arrival: If you want to get through these next four years, who knows what m.y.o.b. is? (Mind Your Own Business). Best advice I ever got. So, since civil rights never concerned me, since an integrated classroom was my life in nyc, I have no interest in civil rights. I was a student with Black students that were smarter than myself (not saying much) and smarter than the smart Jewish kids in class. So, I have nothing to learn about civil rights. It reflects injustices from other demographics. I prefer people that are concerned about all Americans, without one specific rooting section, so to speak.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 01:56 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:
That was my point...no racism in making the observation...just the facts ma'am.

these facts ma'am? the ones disproven by the DOJ statistics

AC14747 wrote:
blacks comprise only 13% of the population they commit the majority of violent crime and you talk about drug use but mentioned nothing about drug sales and it's a well-known fact that the blacks control the street trade of illegal drugs.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 02:07 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

...What do you think about that GiuJohn? Are you taking your responsibility to work to end racial injustice against Black people?

The majority of white Americans consider themselves sincerely committed to justice for the Negro. They believe that American society is essentially hospitable to fair play and to steady growth toward a middle-class Utopia embodying racial harmony. But unfortunately this is a fantasy of self-deception and comfortable vanity.”

How does GluJohn get personal "responsibility" to "work" to end racial injustice against Black people? Could we assign to people the responsibility to end religious bigotry against others? Will you allow us to have time for meals and rest, with all the work that would be needed? How come you feel that it is acceptable to disregard the world-view of others that subscribe to a more fatalistic view, or religious view of living out the wishes of some divine presence?

And, while many Americans would agree with your goal above, it seems to be sort of idyllic, as you state, so why promulgate a "fantasy"?

Lastly, you use the world "Utopia." What is a racial Utopia? Everyone intermarries? All neighborhoods have a mix of demographics reflecting the respecitive state's percentage for each demographic? We address and speak in a "correct" manner, so as not to offend any demographic (No "Jews," only "Jewish person"; no "Pollacks," only "Poles"; no "Holy Rollers," only "devoutly Christians"; etc., etc.? Your little epistle can be reduced to the common denominator of absurdity I think.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 04:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
He would see many of the same injustices today. His political ideology is what matters about him.

It's awful to read his speeches of decades ago and to realize that things are not better for many people in his community - and are worse for some. It's a blemish on America.

A horrible waste.

ehBeth wrote:

giujohn wrote:
Racism is no longer an institution or systemic.

I think you live a very privileged life.

I responded to this previously and either I screwed up the posting, or the post was removed. Most likely the former, but it was a bit controversial.

In any case, I can't speak to the nature of your life except to say you live in Canada (and all that speaks of one)

But, I'm pretty sure you're white and as these things go, there are virtually no considerations beyond the color of your skin, and as yours is white, you enjoy "white privilege."

So know tell us why your privilege is any less significant than giujohn's.

Believing black people are every bit the equal of whites; have been victims of white supremacy, and need continued assistance from the white privileged government doesn't cut you any slack when it comes to white privilege.

Did you see the video of the young black woman telling the crowd of sympathetic followers ready to march against racism, "Y'all white people need to go to the back of the line. Black people up front."

Your views won't get you to the front of the march or an exemption from the label "white privileged"

Now then your comments about MLK:

Quote:
...things are not better for many people in his community - and are worse for some.

On what evidence do you base this statement?

Do you have an idea of what life in America was like for black people at the time MLK came to prominence? If you did, you wouldn't be making such an absurd statement, and, by extension, you wouldn't be insulting the achievements of MLK.

Is America truly a race neutral environment? No, hell no, but the progress brought on by the Civil Rights Movement was, by any standard, enormous.

As with any momentous event, there are more than one father, but MLK was entirely crucial to the achievement. Without him it would have been years before changes happened and they may, very well, have been the result of violent acts.

What is the numeric value of "many" and "some"?

What does "better" mean?

Before the achievements of the Civil Rights Movement, virtually all black people had to deal with truly institutionalized racism; where discrimination was legal and on the books.

Who are the "many" that have to deal with Jim Crow laws and the like?

Before the achievements of the Civil Rights Movement, it didn't matter all that much as to how hard or creatively a black person worked, the system was stacked against them. All of these legal means of suppressing black people are gone. Societal attitudes have changed tremendously. We elected an African-American to the presidency!

Who in the black community are "worse off" since MLK because of either the things he was fighting against, or their rebirth?

The things giujohn ticked off as achievements of MLK are absolutely correct. Do you dispute this?

Feeling sympathetic to the black cause and wanting to demonstrate such in A2K doesn't make you any more accurate than giujohn. No doubt it makes you feel superior, but that's to expected

Finally there is this

Quote:
His political ideology is what matters about him.

What did he fight for and give his life for?

1) Unions
2) Redistribution of wealth
3) Vietnam War opposition

Nope. His political ideology was entirely secondary to his fight for equal rights.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Real Music

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 07:34 pm
Hidden camera television show called (What Would You Do?)

CNN Racial Experiment