Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 07:15 am
@AC14747,
As Izzy just pointed out, you have posted "well known facts" about how bad blacks are that are completely wrong, right out of white nationalist propaganda. You haven't apologized or admitted you made an error. That's pretty far up the racism scale.
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 09:37 am
@engineer,
So apparently your definition of racism includes anyone who says anything negative about a black person whether it's true or not. I was just quoting Department of Justice statistics. Is it racist for a black person to quote the statistics? I note that you never asked me what my race was. So why don't you chew on these statistics for a while:

Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, black people committed 52% of homicides. In 2013, black criminals committed 38% of the murders. Whites accounted for just 31 percent.

Posted on July 2, 2015
New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime

Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, July 1, 2015

Numbers finally include Hispanics as an offender category.
Heather Mac Donald of the Manhattan Institute has just published a table of statistics on race and violent crime that she received from the Department of Justice. For the first time in figures of this kind, DOJ has treated Hispanics as a separate category rather than lumping them in with whites. These data cover all violent crimes except murder, but the number of murders is tiny compared to other violent crimes.

This table can be used for a number of interesting calculations. First, we find that during the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites. This figure is consistent with reports from 2008, the last year DOJ released similar statistics. Perhaps not coincidentally, that was the year Mr. Obama was elected president.
Interestingly, we find that violent interracial crime involving blacks and Hispanics occurs in almost exactly the same proportions as black/white crime: Blacks are the attackers 82.5 percent of the time, while Hispanics are attackers only 17.5 percent of the time.
Some observers argue that what causes the overwhelming preponderance of black-on-white over white-on-black violence is “chance of encounter,” due to the fact that there are five times as many whites as blacks in the American population. However, there are only about 30 percent more Hispanics than blacks, yet black-on-Hispanic violence is almost as lopsided as black-on-white violence. This suggests blacks may be deliberately targeting both whites and Hispanics.
Using figures for the 2013 racial mix of the population–62.2 percent white, 17.1 percent Hispanic, 13.2 percent black–we can calculate the average likelihood of a person of each race attacking the other. A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around. A Hispanic is eight times more likely to attack a white than vice versa.
We can also calculate how often criminals of each group choose victims of other races. As indicated below, when whites commit violence they choose fellow whites as victims 82.4 percent of the time, and almost never attack blacks. Blacks attack whites almost as often as they attack blacks, and Hispanics attack whites more often than they attack any other group, including their own

There is much media agonizing over black-on-black violence, but these figures show that only 40.1 percent of the victims of black violence are black, while people of other races account for nearly 60 percent of the victims of black violence.
The change in DOJ reporting to consider Hispanics a separate category is long overdue. American Renaissance first pointed out 16 years ago the incoherence of failing to account for Hispanics as offenders. DOJ has long counted Hispanics as a victim category in its hate crime reports. We look forward to their inclusion as a perpetrator category.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 09:47 am
@AC14747,
using a white supremacist site as a resource

AC14747 wrote:

Posted on July 2, 2015
New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime

Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, July 1, 2015

tells us quite a bit

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/american-renaissance

Quote:
Founded by Jared Taylor in 1990, the New Century Foundation is a self-styled think tank that promotes pseudo-scientific studies and research that purport to show the inferiority of blacks to whites.

Quote:
It is best known for its American Renaissance magazine and website, which regularly feature proponents of eugenics and blatant anti-black racists. The foundation also sponsors American Renaissance conferences every other year where racist "intellectuals" rub shoulders with Klansmen, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists.

Quote:
Taylor also took up the white homeland message. He opened his speech saying, “We want a homeland where we are a majority. We almost had one in the United States of America.” Taylor worries that by 2060, whites will only make up thirty percent of the population and Latinos will be the majority (The U.S. Census Bureau predicts whites will become a minority in the 2040s and no ethnic or racial group will be the majority). “Our government is permitting a neighboring country [meaning Mexico] to invade our country. We have a government of traitors,” Taylor raged. He lamented, “White people who express a desire for a homeland are labeled as haters.”

Richard Spencer of the white nationalist National Policy Institute also plugged for a white homeland. Spencer argued for “peaceful ethnic cleansing,” a process he did not explain, that would clear parts of North America for Caucasians and suggested that the new state welcome white refugees from Europe. Spencer advocated a “sort of white Zionism” that would infuse whites with the dream of such a homeland just as Zionism helped spur the creation of Israel.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:28 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Good point. I wonder how many people ignore an asshole before the asshole realises and creates a new account?

You made me laugh
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:37 am
@ehBeth,
No I'm using Department of Justice statistics and regardless of where you might find them what it tells us is you can't seem to dispute them. Unless of course you're going to say that Obama's Department of Justice is also racist.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:47 am
@AC14747,
No.

You are not providing your own analysis of DOJ statistics.

You are quoting a white supremacist site's interpretation of statistics.

I've watched you reference (sometimes without attribution) other similar sites.

It was time to point out that your sources are recognizable.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/groups

AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:56 am
@ehBeth,
The statistics dont need to analyzed they speak for themselves. I'm just waiting for you to dispute the statistics instead of attempting any opinion or analyzation of the numbers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:00 am
@AC14747,
Do you know that the FBI and DOJ provides statistics?
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
You are free to go to the doj site and verify the statistics or not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:01 am
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

The statistics dont need to analyzed they speak for themselves.

In that case, you could have just provided the statistics and not an analysis by a white supremacist group.
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:05 am
@ehBeth,
But I did. So you can blather on about the analysis or you can dispute the statistics... The cold hard numbers. Let me see if I can make it easier for you Mia culpa Mia culpa Mia Culpa a thousand pardons for posting the analysis... Now can you dispute the numbers or not? You see because I'm being accused of being a racist simply because I'm lying about the statistics... Not the analysis... The cold hard numbers.
maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:05 am
@AC14747,
I'm more curious why you're reading decidedly racist web pages. Does your browser history contain a lot of references to these pages?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:07 am
@AC14747,
Cold hard numbers from a white supremacist group has no meaning. That's a fact. They don't have the wherewithal to get accurate numbers that relates to the whole country.
engineer

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:24 am
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

So apparently your definition of racism includes anyone who says anything negative about a black person whether it's true or not.

No, my definition of racism is someone who attributes negative traits to a group because of their skin color. You've posted false statistics and attributed them to a group because of the color of their skin. Spinning true statistics to make them race specific is bad enough, but you've posted fake ones. I've provided links to the correct data but you're doubling down on false data and trying to link it to race. That's pretty much the definition.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:27 am
@AC14747,
Here's another fact you're missing.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/politics/kristoff-oreilly-police-shooting-numbers-fact-check/index.html
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Why are you deflecting the argument? What does this have to do with black crime statistics? Now I understand for the most part that people on the left are famous for deflecting the argument but this one seems to be so far off as to be incredibly curious if not totally irrelevant to the argument
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:38 am
@maporsche,
I read from varied sources including many on the left. But I suspect you're not going to allude to the fact that I'm some type of liberal are you?
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
If you thought for a minute that the numbers werea lie I would imagine that you would go quick like a bunny to the doj and post for all to see the "real" numbers.
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:42 am
@engineer,
And of course you have proof that the numbers that were taken from the Department of Justice website or false right I'm waiting with bated breath for you to expose this Injustice.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:49 am
@AC14747,
I'm not deflecting anything. It's called a FACT, and it's included within the OP.