Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?

maporsche

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 01:29 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

I think it's high time....

You're brand new here
AC14747

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm not asking for permission I'm asking for simple respect...no one deserves to be called names simply for expressing an opinion. It is those who desend to name
Calling who need to grow up
maporsche

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 01:34 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

I'm not asking for permission I'm asking for simple respect...no one deserves to be called names simply for expressing an opinion. It is those who desend to name
Calling who need to grow up

I guess if you hate it here so much....well maybe you'll find another website more to your liking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 01:57 pm
Give em hell, glitterbag. I'm in your corner.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 02:33 pm
@AC14747,
AC14747 wrote:

I notice that none of your figures include the fact that while blacks comprise only 13% of the population they commit the majority of violent crime and you talk about drug use but mentioned nothing about drug sales and it's a well-known fact that the blacks control the street trade of illegal drugs.

No it's not. Or perhaps it is in white supremacist circles where the truth is not as important as the message. Whites commit the majority of violent crimes in the US and have the majority of drug sales and manufacturing arrests.

Bureau of Justice Statistics
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 03:06 pm
@engineer,
I've posted the FBI stats on violent crimes in the US, and people like AC still don't get it. Whites commit the majority of violent crimes in this country; that's a fact. Also, look at white collar crimes. Guess who commits the majority?
Some people can't see the forest for the trees.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 03:10 pm
@AC14747,
Like I give a monkeys what you think. You can always sling your hook if it's too hot for you.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 05:03 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

AC14747 wrote:

I think it's high time....

You're brand new here

Maybe.
hingehead

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 06:07 pm
@Kolyo,
Good point. I wonder how many people ignore an asshole before the asshole realises and creates a new account?

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 06:11 pm
Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?

When i was a young and callow fellow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 06:12 pm
@AC14747,
You misspelled descend.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 10:06 pm
Just a couple of videos to make you laugh.

0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 11:06 pm
I know I'm not glitterbag so you might get mad at me for responding to your comment, but you were kinda getting pissy and telling ppl off for responding to your comments on an open discussion free for all forum.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Kolyo

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 11:19 pm
@AC14747,
Except that by the time izzythepush replied to you without first being addressed, you had already replied to Real Music without being addressed, I think.
AC14747

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 11:31 pm
@Kolyo,
That's true. But you notice that I've never called anybody a name. So what did I do that was so terrible as to immediately be called a coward a fool an idiot a jerk... apparently the only criteria for being called these names is if you disagree with the position that's exposed by people on the left. Doesn't say much for people who are supposedly the tolerant ones. Seems the tolerance doesn't extend to anyone who engages in any type of discourse.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 12:12 am
@AC14747,
Quote:
I don't think it's real valid point because I think it's impolite to interject myself into someone else's conversation unless I'm first addressed.

A2k is an open forum. When anyone of us post something, it is encourage that other people join in the discussion. It doesn't matter who your post is directed at. Interjecting yourself is what a2k is all about. It can get heated. Sometimes it can really get heated. If you don't like the tone of someone, don't respond. I only respond if I want to respond. I only interject myself when I want to interject myself. I gotta tell you, responding to someone I disagree with, can sometimes be fun. I sometimes find debating stimulating and enjoyable. No matter what, I will let my views be known. You will frequently come across SARCASM. It's important that you know when someone is being sarcastic. Also, just because you claim something to be a statement of fact, you might want to provide your source to back up your claim. Even if you have a source to back up your claim, the source itself can also be subjected to scrutiny. If you post something that you believe to be true or is simply your opinion, make sure that people know that it is only your belief or opinion.

One last thing. Loosen up and try to have fun.
AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:42 am
@Real Music,
Thank you for that cordial and reasoned reply. And I guess if the norm is to be what in regular society is deemed to be inappropriate by interjecting when not first addressed, I can certainly acquiesce to that standard. And when it comes to sarcasm I understand it and can certainly apply it in the proper venue but what I can't abide is the childish tactic of name calling when during the discourse the name callers find they have no credible way to counter the argument. And as I read the rules for this forum it considers that behavior to be inappropriate but I don't see any enforcement of that rule and when I do it seems to be incredibly selective.
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:43 am
It's easy to say I'm a racist I defy you to find a quote from me that shows any racism whatsoever
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:59 am
@AC14747,
Your nonsense about black people committing a disproportionate amount of crimes is racist.

This is too easy!
0 Replies