Why Black Lives Still Matter

AC14747

Thu 15 Sep, 2016 07:47 pm
Yes...yes it does.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:02 am
Pastor Faith responds to Trump

“The United Methodist Church has open hearts, open doors and open minds. Mr. Trump's campaign claimed he was swinging by and stepping through only to greet the volunteers and thank them with no political rhetoric of any kind,” she wrote in a brief statement on her church’s Facebook page. “That was stated. When it went further than that I did exactly what we agreed I would do.”

“Had he stuck to what his camp claimed he came to do, we would not have had a problem! - Good night,” she posted on her personal page.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/15/donald-trump-didn-t-keep-his-word-in-flint-pastor-says.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:08 am
@tony5732,
Quote:
Obama's fault it never ended.

Because every time Congress wanted to pass a tax to pay for the wars and the Medicare "drug benefit", President Obama cut taxes further AND shut down the government.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:13 am
@tony5732,
I'm a capitalist and I know a flat tax is a regressive tax.

The only way a flat tax would be fair is if millionaires and the poor payed proportionally for goods and service according to net worth.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:45 am
Portsmouth to pay $1 million to family of unarmed man killed by police officer, sources say

PORTSMOUTH , VA -- The city has reached an agreement in principle to pay $1 million to the family of an unarmed 18-year-old black man who was shot and killed last year by a police officer, according to sources familiar with the settlement.

The paperwork has not been finalized, though, and changes are still possible, the sources said.

An attorney representing the family of William Chapman II declined to comment on any settlement negotiations he has had with the city. Several council members and a private attorney hired by the city to defend the case either declined to comment or did not return messages seeking comment.

Mayor Kenny Wright would only say he wanted the matter “resolved as quickly as possible.”

Read more: http://pilotonline.com/news/government/local/portsmouth-to-pay-million-to-family-of-unarmed-man-killed/article_12d77099-9cfa-56b1-a62e-0dac126fa823.html
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 05:31 pm
Does this matter?

AC14747

Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:08 pm
You better be careful what you post this Bobsal guy is obviously a moderator because he has deleted my posts that he disagrees with almost as soon as they're posted watch this one disappear.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:15 am
@reasoning logic,
The first one does. Put it into a a thread and I will post about it on that thread.

The bottom one doesn't matter to me except as a blaring example of a foreign government attempting to interfere with an election. A point that seems to have eluded you.
reasoning logic

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 08:54 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
The bottom one doesn't matter to me except as a blaring example of a foreign government attempting to interfere with an election. A point that seems to have eluded you.

Quote:
The bottom one doesn't matter to me

The way I interpret this is that you are not able to see the ethical value in exposing human behavior.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 12:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
The way I understand that is that you do not understand me at all.
reasoning logic

Sat 17 Sep, 2016 01:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Do you think if black people cared about themselves and others that they would be voting Green?

bobsal u1553115

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 06:00 am

‘A Two-Bit Racial Arsonist’: Watch the Entire Congressional Black Caucus Nuke Trump’s Birther Remarks

Trump's newest lie claims that Hillary first raised the issue of Obama’s birth certificate.

By Brad Reed / Raw Story
September 17, 2016

Donald Trump had an opportunity to apologize for stoking conspiracy theories about Barack Obama’s birth certificate on Friday… and he declined to do so.

In fact, while acknowledging the fact that Obama was really born in the United States, Trump told a new lie by claiming that it was Hillary Clinton who first raised the issue of Obama’s birth certificate back in 2008.

The entire Congressional Black Caucus held a press conference on Friday afternoon in which they tore Trump’s birther remarks to pieces and say it was unacceptable that such a bigoted person should ever become president.

Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) said that while there’s nothing new about the use of racial dog whistles in American politics, what Trump is promoting is far louder and more insidious than any politician in recent memory.

“One of the things that we are all used to in this business is dog whistles,” he said. “But the thing that we’re not used to… are the howls of wolves. These are howls, these are not whistles. These are in-your-face kinds of efforts on the part of one man… in order to heap indignities on the President of the United States.”

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) was even more blunt about Trump.

“He has lived a life of bigotry,” she said. “If you view America as a land of value and equality and justice, this man cannot be elected. We as African Americans have had enough. He has debased this election, but more importantly, he has disgraced himself in his lack of respect for the President of the United States of America.”

Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY) called out Trump for being a shameless liar — and not just about President Obama’s birth certificate.

“This is not the first time he has lied — he continues to lie,” Meeks fumed. “He’s lied and he’s divided this country enough. He lied about Muslims, saying he saw thousands of them [celebrating] when the World Trade Center went down. He’s lied about Mexicans, he’s lied about women, and members of the Congressional Black Caucus are not going to take it anymore.”

Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-NC) also ripped Trump for being a “disgusting fraud,” while Rep. Hakeem Jefferies (D-NY) called Trump “a two-bit racial arsonist.”

Check out a highlight reel, via Mediaite, below.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:17 am
@reasoning logic,
Absolutely not. What advantage is there in voting for a Putin worshipper with no chance of winning or any candidates going to Congress. Do you think that harikiri is good poitical move for PoC?
reasoning logic

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 08:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Do you think that harikiri is good poitical move for PoC?

I will be honest I do not know. I do have an understanding about how corrupt Hillary and most politicians are, so I would prefer to send Hillary a wakeup call or a slap in the face by showing her a loss in November.

Do I like Trump? NO, I will be voting for an honest and caring candidate not one with an opposite character of Jill Stein

bobsal u1553115

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 09:04 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
not one with an opposite character of Jill Stein

I seriously have some problems with Jill Stein's support of Putin.
reasoning logic

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 09:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

I seriously have some problems with Jill Stein's support of Putin.

We do not need to think everyone on the other side of the hill wants to kill us.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 09:16 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
We do not need to think everyone on the other side of the hill wants to kill us.

You guys are soooooo extremist. Its either all this or all that.

Just because someone doesn't want to "kill" someone else, it doesn't mean the first someone has the second someone's best interests at heart. I can see Jill Stein imagining being a Commissar.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 11:50 am
    http://patriotupdate.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Cop-Terror-600a-CI.jpg
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 11:54 am
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/hhHxjFOS.50oqAi_tynCcQ--/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01MDc-/http://assets.patriotpost.us/images/2015-09-04-4c6dbd5a_large.jpg.cf.jpg
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 18 Sep, 2016 11:58 am

General News
Dallas police sergeant files federal suit accusing Black Lives Matter leaders of inciting anti-cop violence

By Marc Ramirez
Dallas Morning News

Published: 16 September 2016 10:32 PM
Updated: 17 September 2016 09:34 PM

A black Dallas police sergeant has filed a federal lawsuit against Black Lives Matter leaders and others, blaming the movement for race riots and violence against police officers.

Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, president of the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation and a 17-year law enforcement veteran, filed the amended complaint in federal court Friday. Conservative news site Breitbart published the lawsuit in an article that evening.

The listed defendants include not only those associated with the Black Lives Matter movement but public figures such as the Rev. Al Sharpton, Louis Farrahkan, George Soros, the New Black Panthers Party and even President Barack Obama and presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

According to the suit, the defendants "have repeatedly incited their supporters and others to engage in threats of and attacks to cause serious bodily injury or death upon police officers and other law enforcement persons of all races and ethnicities."

The suit accuses the defendants of inciting supporters and others "to engage in threats and attacks" against law enforcement officers around the country, including the July 7 murders of five Dallas officers by Micah Johnson after a Black Lives Matter demonstration.

Pennie is being represented by Larry Klayman of lobbying organization FreedomWatch.

"Sergeant Pennie and I feel duty-bound to put ourselves forward to seek an end to the incitement of violence against law enforcement which has already resulted in the death of five police officers in Dallas and the wounding of seven more, just in Texas alone," Breitbart quoted Klayman as saying in a release.

The 66-page complaint seeks damages of more than $500 million.

A Dallas Morning News editorial in July commended Pennie for inviting Cleveland Browns football star Isaiah Crowell to attend the funeral of one of the slain Dallas officers after Crowell briefly posted an anti-police image on social media in anger over the deaths of African-Americans in police-involved shootings nationwide.