Why Black Lives Still Matter

McGentrix

Fri 26 Aug, 2016 06:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The ones being arrested do appear to be minorities or really well tanned white people.
reasoning logic

Fri 26 Aug, 2016 02:24 pm
If black lives matter should black people know this?

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 26 Aug, 2016 02:26 pm
@McGentrix,
Well there you go, the white kids skipped, the young scamps!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 26 Aug, 2016 07:57 pm
Indiana man mistakenly shot by cop: 'Why did you shoot me?'

Source: Associated Press

Indiana man mistakenly shot by cop: 'Why did you shoot me?'

Updated 4:04 pm, Friday, August 26, 2016

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An Indianapolis man who was mistakenly shot by a police officer responding to an armed robbery said Friday that he didn't know officers had arrived at his home until he was blinded by their flashlights after being shot.

Carl Williams, a 48-year-old postal worker, said at a news conference that he was in his garage with his handgun at his right side early Tuesday awaiting police when he was shot, apparently just as officers were arriving.

"I knew the police where there after I got shot by them, after I had about three million spotlights in my face," he said. "... The only thing I can remember is intense pain, falling on the ground and telling the police officers 'I am the homeowner. Why did you shoot me?"

Williams called 911 to report that a young man had pointed a gun at his wife in their driveway and demanded her car keys. She threw the keys at the gunman, ran into the house and told her husband, who entered their garage armed.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Indianapolis-man-mistakenly-shot-by-police-out-of-9186696.php
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Aug, 2016 06:14 am
"But they all look the same!" Drunk

Senator's Outreach Ad To Black Voters Appears To Use Stock Video From Africa

A new ad highlighting Sen. Richard Burr's (R-NC) work in helping disadvantaged children in his state appears to feature black children from a school in Africa, not North Carolina.

The ad titled "Kirby" features an interview with African American Pastor Kirby Jones who says that Burr "has done a great deal to help the children and their families get on a path and trajectory that leads to academic success and life success. He is genuinely interested in our community, in our children."

The ad includes two pieces of footage from Getty's iStock catalog that are tagged as "non US" locations.

One is titled "African teacher and school girls," and is tagged with keywords like "non US location," "South African culture," "Africa," African ethnicity," and "African American ethnicity."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/richard-burr-ad-features-kids-from-africa
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Aug, 2016 06:48 am
Couple outraged over Sac area neighborhood’s “whites only” rule

http://kron4.com/2016/08/25/couple-outraged-over-neighborhoods-whites-only-rule/

A Northern California couple is outraged after being told they had to sign a “whites only” agreement when they bought their new home.

This happened in the city of El Dorado Hills just east of Sacramento....

But before signing it they noticed it included a clause reading “No person except those of the white Caucasian race shall use, occupy or reside upon any residential lot or plot in this subdivision.”

“I’m like you’ve got to be kidding me,” the wife said. “That’s ridiculous. That’s really kind of awful and racist and terrible. Everybody knows you can’t enforce things like that. It still sends a message.”
TheCobbler

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 11:27 pm
‘White Lives Matter’ will now be classified as a hate group by Southern Poverty Law Center
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/white-lives-matter-will-now-be-classified-as-a-hate-group-by-southern-poverty-law-center/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 30 Aug, 2016 06:46 am
Cops Successfully Disarm A White Person Without Killing Them -

Jesse Williams: “We know that police somehow manage to de-escalate, disarm and not kill white people everyday.”

https://67.media.tumblr.com/1ffe50497338812c6805a62e2881ab99/tumblr_ocprrzMPnW1u5bakpo1_500.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/567d336903d99127f3277eb876729b34/tumblr_ocprrzMPnW1u5bakpo2_500.png
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Tue 30 Aug, 2016 01:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I doubt the legality of that, but, egads, could be wrong.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 31 Aug, 2016 12:05 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Re: bobsal u1553115 (Post 6255513)
I doubt the legality of that, but, egads, could be wrong.

You and I know its illegal and so did they. They don't care. They count on people staying away from where they aren't welcome.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 31 Aug, 2016 06:17 pm
NYPD Might Not Say If Officer in Chokehold Death Is Punished
Source: Associated Press

NYPD Might Not Say If Officer in Chokehold Death Is Punished

By JENNIFER PELTZ, ASSOCIATED PRESS NEW YORK — Aug 31, 2016, 7:19 PM ET

New York City might never tell the public if the police officer at the center of the Eric Garner chokehold death case is disciplined, the mayor and police commissioner indicated this week after reaching a new interpretation of a 40-year-old state civil rights law.

The New York Police Department recently ended a longstanding practice of letting reporters see a rundown of disciplinary actions, saying officials had concluded it violated the law.

Asked Tuesday whether the new stance would apply to the officer who put his arm around Garner's neck in a case that helped fuel the Black Lives Matter movement, Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio said officials "have to honor state law."

Citing the mayor's comments, Police Commissioner William Bratton said Wednesday the results of any potential disciplinary trial against Officer Daniel Pantaleo "would not be publicly available," though he predicted they probably would eventually "get out" somehow.

-snip-

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nypd-law-shield-discipline-chokehold-case-41784896
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 31 Aug, 2016 07:10 pm

‘This neighborhood does not need any blacks in it’: Racist letter shocks Kansas family
By Lindsey Bever August 25
Letter tells Kansas family: 'This neighborhood does not need any blacks in it.'
Embed Share
Play Video2:19
A white woman in Witchita, Kan., says she received a handwritten letter in the mail that said her black grandchildren were not welcome in their neighborhood. (KSNW-TV)

A Kansas grandmother said she is worried about her biracial grandchildren after she received a racist letter saying they were not welcome in the community.

Nancy Wirths, 49, told NBC affiliate KSNW that she pulled an anonymous note from her mailbox Monday in northern Wichita from someone who claimed to be a disgruntled neighbor forced to flee his home.

“My wife and I have lived in this area for many a year,” it read. “We have noticed that there are some black children at your residence. Maybe you are running a daycare or these are your children. In either case, we have put our house for sale.”

“This neighborhood does not need any blacks in it,” the letter said. “There is a reason for the saying, ‘The other side of the tracks.’ That is where these people belong. You have done a great disrespect in this neighborhood by not thinking of your neighbors.”

[A ‘racist,’ threatening letter was left on a family’s doorstep. It ended with ‘Go Trump.’]

Wirths told The Washington Post on Wednesday that she has nine grandchildren, ranging in age from 3 months to 10 years, and that six of them are black. She said she does run a day care, but it mainly consists of her own grandchildren.

Wirths said when she saw the letter addressed to “residents,” she thought it was a promotional mailer — then was shocked when she saw what it had to say.

“I’m reading it and I’m like, really? Then I reread it, and I just kept getting madder and madder,” she said. “I was like, ‘Why are you picking on my grandkids?’ ”

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2016/08/14152002_1008852615879440_1773677920_o.jpg&w=1484

(Courtesy of Nancy Wirths)

“I thought it was a joke; I thought I was somewhere else reading a story,” Wirths told CBS affiliate KWCH. “I guess I never thought this was real, the hatred for people in the world. I mean, because I try to teach my grandkids to love everyone no matter their color and this kind of throws a total wrench in that.”

Late last month, a mother in Seattle said she received a racist letter riddled with racial slurs targeting her and her mixed-race children.

It reportedly said: “U and all these n—— need to leave this country that’s ours! One day your kids will get what they deserve being on this land. F—— n—— lovers! White lives matter f—— n—– lovers!”

The note ended with the words: “Go Trump!”

“My kids are going to get what they deserve?” Stephanie Endres, the mother, told Fox affiliate KCPQ. “That doesn’t sit right for me.”

Police were investigating it as a hate crime.

Wirths told KSNW earlier this week she hopes it “never happens to anybody else.”

“It’s a shame that they’ve taken the innocence away from the children,” she said.

Now, Wirths told The Post, she is “a little wary” of letting the children play outside unless she is right there watching them.

“I don’t know who these people are,” she said. “Are they going to stop at the letter?”

Wichita police spokesman Charley Davidson told The Post that authorities are “actively investigating the legitimacy” of the letter and working to determine whether a crime has been committed. He did not say what crime that might be.

But police told KSNW that the author could be charged with disorderly conduct.

“I hope they are found,” Wirths told The Post. “I think they need to be accountable for what they did.

“If you’re so proud of what you had to say, you should have signed the letter or come to the door.”

Wirths said she was surprised to see firsthand that some people’s thinking has still not evolved.

“I didn’t know that Wichita was divided like that — that ‘black people need to live on the other side of the tracks,’ ” she said. “Where is that exactly?”

“I don’t teach that to my grandkids,” she added. “I teach them love everyone — not just black people or white people.”

Read more:

The year of ‘enormous rage’: Number of hate groups rose by 14 percent in 2015
0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:38 pm
Hmm. Relevant or not?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0f/86/b6/0f86b62c99c2dbd0fae554a427e7a45b.jpg
reasoning logic

Thu 1 Sep, 2016 06:28 pm
@hingehead,
It saddens me to see this inequality.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 2 Sep, 2016 05:19 am
@hingehead,
Extremely relevant.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 2 Sep, 2016 05:58 am
School Calls Police on Girl Using 2 Dollar Bill to Buy Her Chicken Nuggets! It Gets Worse!

by Rahiem Shabazz

Fort_Bend_ISD_c16-0-624-355_s885x516-728x424

When 13-year-old eighth grader, Danesiah Neal, tried to spend a 2 Dollar Bill at lunch at Christa McAuliffe Middle School, she was detained and threatened with a felony!

It gets worse! The 2 Dollar Bill investigation had to go all the way to the bank to get solved!

I am beyond disbelief at the STUPIDITY at this Texas school, and with the Fort Bend police who carried on with the blatant ignorance that had to be involved! (Besides the fact that it was only $2).

“I went to the lunch line and they said my 2 Dollar Bill was fake,” Danesiah told Ted Oberg Investigates. “They gave it to the police. Then they sent me to the police office. A police officer said I could be in big trouble.”

Not just big trouble. Third-degree felony trouble.

School officials called Daneisha’s grandmother, Sharon Kay Joseph.

“She’s never in trouble, so I was nervous going in there,” she recalled to ABC13.

The officials asked, “‘Did you give Danesiah a 2 Dollar Bill for lunch?’ He told me it was fake,” she said.

Then the Fort Bend ISD police investigated the 2 Dollar Bill with the vigor of an episode of Dragnet, even though at that school 82-percent of kids are poor enough to get free or reduced price lunch.

The alleged theft of $2 worth of chicken tenders led a campus officer — average salary $45,000 a year — to the convenience store that gave grandma the 2 Dollar Bill.

Next stop — and these are just the facts — the cop went to a bank to examine the 2 Dollar Bill.

The bill went from the lunch lady, to the school officials, (Obviously the principals Mary Brewster and James Wade Kirkpatrick HAD to know the cops were involved), to the cop…who took the $2 Bill to the convenience store..and then to the bank.

The long line of IGNORANT people that this CRAZINESS had to go through before the bank explained that there is such thing as a 2 Dollar Bill is unfathomable! They should all be fired for sheer stupidity!

From all the idiots that had to be involved at Fort Bend ISD’s Christa McAuliffe Middle School, to the Keystone Cops involved, you would think SOMEONE would have recognized the real currency!

Instead, they threaten a poor little girl with a felony and made her miss lunch!
Explain to me how NO ONE said the words, “There is such a thing as a 2 Dollar Bill”?
Explain to me how NO ONE has YET said the words, “I am sorry”.

THIS is just one of eight counterfeiting charges investigated in Fort Bend ISD since 2013 mind you.
You know the routine!

There has yet to be an apology from the school!

I would demand some resignations just for the sheer stupidity of those involved, but that is the way I am! These are our EDUCATORS and Law Enforcement!!!

These people put a black mark on some of our finest! Call/Email the school and share your outrage!

McAuliffe Middle School Phone: (281) 634-3360

Principal Mary Brewster
[email protected]

8th Grade Principal James Kirkpatrick
[email protected]

Superintendent of FBISD Schools
Charles E. Dupre, Ed.D.
[email protected]
McGentrix

Fri 2 Sep, 2016 06:37 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Is that real? There is no way so many could be that stupid. This is from the Onion maybe?
bobsal u1553115

Fri 2 Sep, 2016 01:35 pm
@McGentrix,
I thought so, too.

Sent an e-mail to the principal.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 2 Sep, 2016 01:45 pm
If you find yourself more upset at a football player than at the murder of unarmed black men

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028138660

Then you have serious issues with race and black people in particular. You are becomming obsolete and need to wake the hell up. Black lives matter more than your stupid feelings about what you think black people are allowed to do.

If a pair of piggy socks on a football player has you running for your smelling salts and fainting couch, then you need a Time Machine so you can go Antebellum in a time where it did not make you look like an ignorant fool. Because this here day? It just makes you look like a nasty idiot who thinks black folks owe something to you for being allowed to exist.

Expect more piggy socks and protests. Until you stand with black lives, you are against black lives and we will ignore the silly temper tantrums, and allow the changing demographics to help us force this nation to treat us with dignity and respect. I see the whiners and those puffed up with their own importance as just like the folks holding "Segregation forever!" signs. So, like I said, black lives matter more than your stupid fee fee about pledges and piggy socks.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 4 Sep, 2016 06:37 am
0 Replies