Why Black Lives Still Matter

glitterbag

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
@hingehead,
Maybe this will help. People like Tony go nuts every time an injustice to a minority is acknowledged. He fears that we haven't considered the injustices done to white people and that somehow white folks are getting the short end of the stick. Sort of like when someone mentions rape or other violence against women, then somebody gets pissed because males raped or abused by women were not included in the equation. They seem to think if one group gets fair treatment then everyone one else will get unfair treatment. Does it make sense, no it doesn't make sense.........it boils down to an irrational fear.
hingehead

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 04:40 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks GB - I know what motivates, but I kind of wanted to argue against his points on logical level.

I posted this earlier somewhere
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cd/64/fd/cd64fd3237e0de3d8cb55ae76ed2670a.jpg

As an angry middle-aged white guy I am really letting the side down.
tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 05:09 pm
@glitterbag,
People like Tony get angry everytime someone messes up and gets into it with the law it's supposed to be "the white guy being racist" again. I am also disgusted that a giant group like BLM can cook up a giant race war over nothing saying"Black Lives Matter", but the only black lives they seem to want to talk about are the most worthless members of society. The criminals.
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 05:20 pm
@hingehead,
No, and most people still don't do that stuff. The only necessity for #alllivesmatter is in response to the extremely racist agenda of # black lives matter. It's a polite way of saying. "hey dumbasses, maybe we can include everyone and not burn everything down and rob ****." No one cares about this stuff because until you highlight one part of a group everyone is content being in the SAME group.
hingehead

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 07:19 pm
@tony5732,
I am in awe of your myopia.
tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:05 pm
@hingehead,
I would say I am in awe of yours, but it's typical. It's pretty human to think one situation represents all situations that have been and ever will be, especially when it fits with something you want to believe. You will keep doing it.

. There is no way your going to somehow wake up and say "maybe Mike Brown was just an ignorant prick robbing a convenience store, he WAS pretty violent in that video of Mike Brown robbing the store. Maybe he wasn't the hands up type. Maybe it really IS possible that forensic evidence is accurate and maybe, just maybe, the witnesses were telling different stories because they were full of **** and didn't know what lies the other neighbors told to put the white cop in jail."

. It's easier just to look at the facts from a BLM standpoint. Mike Brown was black. Officer Wilson was white. That's all you need to burn everything down.
glitterbag

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:43 pm
@tony5732,
I don't think Hingehead wants to burn anything. Why do you think he does? Oh never mind.
tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:47 pm
@glitterbag,
No your right, I don't know whether HINGEHEAD wants to "burn everything down" , every time a cop is forced to pull the trigger. I do see that he supports the organization that does.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:50 pm
Quote:
It's pretty human to think one situation represents all situations that have been and ever will be, especially when it fits with something you want to believe.

Wow - you really don't see how that applies directly to you?
tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:52 pm
@glitterbag,
It's like cheering on a concentration camp but not killing Jews. Still bad?
tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:55 pm
@hingehead,
Nope. Not in this case. BLM has assholes, and police have assholes, but the intentions of each organization as a whole pretty clear, and so is the plan of action.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:55 pm
@glitterbag,
I bet he even thinks I'm anti-police. Sigh.
hingehead

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 08:57 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
It's like cheering on a concentration camp but not killing Jews. Still bad?

My god but you're stupid.
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 09:00 pm
@hingehead,
Only white police. Or privileged white people. That's what BLM seems to have beef with
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 09:05 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Quote:
It's pretty human to think one situation represents all situations that have been and ever will be, especially when it fits with something you want to believe.

Wow - you really don't see how that applies directly to you?

I almost pulled the same sentence, because your right, it fits him like a glove.

Poor Tony, he's worried that less than 13% 0f the population will burn the rest of us to the ground.
tony5732

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 09:13 pm
@glitterbag,
No I don't think Black Lives Matter claims even close to 13% of the population. I don't know if you are trying to say world, nation, or blacks but at any rate I still don't think BLM has 13%. They are still terrorists. No they won't burn EVERYTHING down, but they sure as hell burn some **** down. Civilian ****, not even police ****.
glitterbag

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 09:31 pm
@tony5732,
I don't know how much you know about history, but for you to bring up the Holocaust as if it happened 300 years ago is so recklessly stupid and tone deaf. Many of us had family that served during WWII, had relatives who perished overseas, and some are relatives of the Jews who were butchered in concentration camps.

I don't know if you watch a lot of that bullshit cage fighting crap or those so called reality shows, but war is real, you can smell the blood and the suffering, it's not entertaining nor is an exciting feat of power.

I'm not stung by your mis step, I'm actually trying to offer you some advice. My suggestion is to understand the references you use or else you will look like that scrambled eggs for brains Sarah Palin with her misuse of blood libel. These terms were not dreamed up by some marketer, they have impact and some of them are gut punches with profound historical meaning. In other words, dangerous when batted around like some new slang.

Don't confuse my advice to you as if you hit a sore spot. I'm trying to help you avoid making a fool of yourself. If you think about it a minute you will agree. Or don't, your actions, words, deed or thoughts have no impact on my paycheck.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 09:34 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:
until you highlight one part of a group everyone is content being in the SAME group.

Do you believe this?
glitterbag

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 09:43 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

No I don't think Black Lives Matter claims even close to 13% of the population. I don't know if you are trying to say world, nation, or blacks but at any rate I still don't think BLM has 13%. They are still terrorists. No they won't burn EVERYTHING down, but they sure as hell burn some **** down. Civilian ****, not even police ****.

You don't read newspapers do you? Where do you get your info, Rush Limbaugh and David Duke. Look, don't answer. I've raised a lot of teenage boys, I'm out of the business...at least for woe-be-gone strangers - of guiding young people toward maturity. You are on your own, good luck young man, you are going to need it.
hingehead

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 11:23 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/13/4f/68/134f68b3cc8a43a88090199d6199a891.jpg
0 Replies