Kerry is world favorite by 2-1 margin

georgeob1

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:15 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
cjhsa:

You might want to stop while you're ahead. But then again, there'd be nothing to ridicule if you did.

Gosh ! Was that a put down? Great argument and illuminating presentation of facts.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:24 pm
How else would one deal with a bigot and a homophobe, georgeob1?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:02 pm
I urge Dookie to go back and read my posts and show where I proclaim myself a bigot and a homophobe.

Simply because I don't like the politics of SF? If you think I'm a homophobe because I don't support "gay marriage", well, neither does the majority of California nor the U.S. in general. Go ahead and make up your "CJHSA is a homophobe" picket sign and march up and down Market Street. I could care less.

If you think I'm a bigot for stating a fact that UCB is overwhelmed with asian students, well, that's your opinion, and a misguided one at that.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:02 pm
Guys either you cool the rhetoric or I expect this thread will be locked down at any moment. For those that are new here that is what happens when a thread gets out of hand. We are here to discuss not insult each other.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:07 pm
My apologies, cjhsa. That was intended for Bladimo. But let's agree to pay heed to au1929's comment, and stick with the issues rather than throwing insults at those who may be different than ourselves.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:07 pm
And I repeat, my last comment was firmly directed towards Baldimo, not you.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:34 pm
Here are some links regarding Bush's popularity around the world today:

http://douweosinga.com/projects/bushsfriends
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
For all of you agonizing over the helicopter attack. This is an example of how much the Iraqi's are concerned about the lives of their fellow Iraq's citizens.

WORLD

Quote:
Attacks on Iraqi police kill at least 59

Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2:54pm EDT

A car bomb Tuesday ripped through a busy market near a Baghdad police headquarters where Iraqis were waiting to apply for jobs on the force, and gunmen opened fire on a van carrying police home from work in Baquba, killing at least 59 people total and wounding at least 114.
The attacks were the latest attempts by terrorists to disrupt US-backed efforts to build a strong Iraqi police force capable of taking over security in many towns and cities ahead of nationwide elections slated for January.

An Al Qaeda-linked group headed by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi claimed responsibility for the car bomb, which exploded by a bustling row of shops and cafes and left a gaping 10-foot crater.

The blast devastated buildings and gutted cars near the western Baghdad police headquarters on Haifa street, an insurgent enclave that has been the scene of fierce clashes with US troops. Though the attack apparently targeted police, many of the 47 dead were people who had been shopping or having a morning meal.

In Baquba, gunmen in two cars opened fire Tuesday on a van carrying policemen home from work, killing 11 officers and a civilian, said Qaisar Hamid of Baqouba General Hospital.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:16 pm
au1929 wrote:
For all of you agonizing over the helicopter attack. This is an example of how much the Iraqi's are concerned about the lives of their fellow Iraq's citizens.

Pointing at the other guys and saying 'look how bad they are' isn't going to erase our mistakes.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:20 pm
I say no mistake was made.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:36 pm
Mistake, what mistake was made? It is amazing how so many Americans are ready and happy to denigrate America and Americans fighting men and women.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:45 pm
Wait, let me see if I can decipher the neoconservative line of thinking here; turning Iraqi into a major recruiting center for Al Qaeda, with no comprehensive exit strategy to get our fighting men and women out, is NOT a mistake?

o.k.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:07 pm
Dookiestix
Let's not change the subject. The mistake that has been alluded to is the helicopter firing on the mob. The idiots invasion of Iraq is a completely different subject. Was that a mistake no, it was lunacy.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:14 pm
Actually, au1929, the subject is EXACTLY the same, in that the fact that we are there in the first place is allowing these awful events to unfold. I consider that an EGREGIOUS mistake on Bush's part. But let's perhaps put a human face on this. Ever wonder what it would feel like to be in a helicopter taking out Iraqis who you may NOT know whether they are dangerous or not?

http://www.bushflash.com/kills.mpeg
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:37 pm
Frankly under the circumstances I would not give it a second thought. We are engaged in a guerrilla war. Where the enemy does not wear uniforms or insignia. Where even a young child or women could be carrying a bomb or weapon.
Regarding the war in Iraq, the responsibly for that can certainly not be laid at the feet of our fighting forces. Most I am sure would prefer to be anywhere but there. However hindsight and second guessing particularly by the fat dumb and happy sitting behind their computers is IMO uncalled for. { I am referring to the actions of our troops on the ground}
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:48 pm
Here we come, to save the day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/juniper/dems.jpg
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:48 pm
au1929:

I do NOT blame our troops whatsoever. I blame Bush's policies for putting them there in the first place. And besides, it's precisely some of those "fat," "dumb" and "happy" individuals sitting behind their computers who contribute to these threads. It is what able2know is designed for.

But if one were even REMOTELY interested in understanding the "enemy" at all, those fat, dumb and happy people sitting at their computers would probably realize that not ALL are terrorists or Saddam's guerillas, but also ordinary Iraqis who see us as invaders, occupiers and murderers.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:53 pm
Why is it always neoconservatives who insist on making homosexual references in politics?

Just curious...

http://www.buckfush.com/images/bush_stop_sign.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:58 pm
Where's the homophobic reference now? You mean the "G" on the photoshopped pic above?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:00 pm
But all those fat dumb and happy people of whom I am one should not be denigrating the grunt in the field whose life is on the line and is doing the best he can under the circumstances.
0 Replies