Kerry is world favorite by 2-1 margin

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:51 am
Quote:
I think that when bad things like this happen, it makes us feel better to imagine the people that we've harmed as heartless savages who deserved to die.

You've hit the nail on the head. To the conservatives, firing on a crowd of people is perfectly justified as long as it supports US intrests.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:30 pm
woiyo wrote:
France and Germany? Well have they closed their embasies? Stopped trade? Stopped passing intel?

No. None of these things have happened.

Like I said you are being purposely obtuse.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:59 pm
Here we all are sitting fat dumb and happy behind our computers and making judgments regarding what those fighting the war should or should not do. Need I remind you that our troops, these troops, are being shot at and see their buddies being blown up, wounded and killed on a daily basis. Do you really expect them to turn the other cheek. I know I would not.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:47 pm
au1929 wrote:
Here we all are sitting fat dumb and happy behind our computers and making judgments regarding what those fighting the war should or should not do. Need I remind you that our troops, these troops, are being shot at and see their buddies being blown up, wounded and killed on a daily basis. Do you really expect them to turn the other cheek. I know I would not.

I don't expect them to turn the other cheek, that's not what they are getting paid to do. I do, however, expect them to follow the rules of engagement.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:00 pm
This is great! Why the hell doesn't he go be president somewhere else where they want him? Maybe Clinton can go too, becoming the "Supreme Commander of the U.N." or something.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:39 pm
FreeDuck
Exactly what are these rules of engagement you speak of. The only rules I know is in combat you shoot to kill the enemy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:10 am
woiyo wrote:
Montana - Give me a hint....Bull what?

Well, if you can't figure it out, then never mind.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:11 am
Welcome back Frank :-)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:11 am
au1929 wrote:
FreeDuck
Exactly what are these rules of engagement you speak of. The only rules I know is in combat you shoot to kill the enemy.

I believe the rules of engagement require that there be enemy fire. I'm curious that you don't see anything wrong with firing into a crowd.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:57 am
FreeDuck
Do you see anything wrong with the insurgents the very same ones dancing around the burning vehicle indiscriminately killing our troops, Iraqi police and unarmed civilians. You see it happening every day. Where is the outrage from the press both Western and Arabic? We cannot expect our troops to sit back and afford the insurgents the luxury of attacking without answer. War is hell and we should either fight it or get the hell out.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:40 am
au1929 wrote:
FreeDuck
Do you see anything wrong with the insurgents the very same ones dancing around the burning vehicle indiscriminately killing our troops, Iraqi police and unarmed civilians. You see it happening every day. Where is the outrage from the press both Western and Arabic? We cannot expect our troops to sit back and afford the insurgents the luxury of attacking without answer. War is hell and we should either fight it or get the hell out.

I agree that war is hell. I don't agree that the people dancing on the bradley were insurgents -- at least not armed ones. I don't think we have the right to kill civilians just because they don't like our occupation and wish our soldiers dead. I imagine that if the Iraqi army liberated us from George Bush we'd be dancing on their burning bradley's too.

I'm outraged about all of the violence, but I'm not surprised. It is the biggest reason I opposed this war. When you unleash the violent beast it is very hard to get it back into its cage.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:22 am
FreeDuck
Whether you agree or not there were armed insurgents in the mix. I too disagreed with the attack upon Iraq. However, we are there and at war and cannot except our troops to fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Again as for killing civilians, You can't tell a civilian without a scorecard. The insurgents as you know do not wear uniforms.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:38 am
au1929 wrote:
FreeDuck
Whether you agree or not there were armed insurgents in the mix. I too disagreed with the attack upon Iraq. However, we are there and at war and cannot except our troops to fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Again as for killing civilians, You can't tell a civilian without a scorecard. The insurgents as you know do not wear uniforms.

I don't see how refraining from firing into crowds of people is somehow analagous to fighting with one hand tied.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 10:44 am
I think we should fire into those dancing crowds more often. Maybe they'd take a hint. Civilians my ass.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:00 am
cjhsa does not speak for everyone.

This is the problem in trying to fight guerilla warfare. It's either an all or none campaign. If you want to beat a guerilla force, there will be some civilian casualties. Like it or not. The insurgents place their own country men, women and children in harms way and then lament their deaths.

the US does not fire indiscriminately into crowds. They pick and choose their targets and casualties are the result. Hopefully we get more bad guys than innocent victims.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:05 am
Never said I did McG. Note "I think...". If I was a helicopter [ilot and looked down at a bunch of folks waving jihad banners standing on top of a burning Humvee, I think I take that shot.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:09 am
Well, I can only hope that there aren't any helicopter pilots like you -- sadly i'm afraid there just might be.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:11 am
Why? Please explain. These are the enemy. You make no sense.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:15 am
Hooo boy, cjhsa. If the Iraqi people are the enemy then this is not a liberation.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:17 am
You still make no sense.
0 Replies