Kerry is world favorite by 2-1 margin

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:18 am
Who cares? Thankfully they do not have a vote.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:23 am
revel - You are taliing in circles and not being specific.

Name one country we "pissed off" and now are not being "helpful".
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:33 am
McGentrix wrote:
That's why we used precision weaponry and take as much care as possible when striking targets instead of indiscriminatly blowing up busses or crashing airplanes into civilian targets.

So maybe we should make an effort to count how many civilians we killed. With that precision weaponry, it should be what, less than a hundred? Wouldn't that make us look good?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:35 am
I just want to make clear that there is no such thing as 'precision' war. War is an ungodly bloody mess, no matter how high tech the weapons.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:37 am
in the current situation "precision" means aiming at Osama and hitting Iraq. no cigar on that one.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:41 am
dyslexia wrote:
in the current situation "precision" means aiming at Osama and hitting Iraq. no cigar on that one.

You should give yourself a salt pancake for that remark
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:44 am
dyslexia wrote:

Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:59 am
McGentrix wrote:
That's why we used precision weaponry and take as much care as possible when striking targets instead of indiscriminatly blowing up busses or crashing airplanes into civilian targets.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&tab=wn&ncl=http://www.arabnews.com/%3Fpage%3D4%26section%3D0%26article%3D51422%26d%3D13%26m%3D9%26y%3D2004

How about firing rockets into groups of civilians? Is that the U.S. military way?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:04 am
Yeah, how about posting some facts to back up the propaganda? They were dancing on top of a burning US tank. If they weren't around the burning tank, they wouldn't have been killed would they? Very precise.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:09 am
Did you watch the video?

Noone was dancing on the tank. It was on fire. A bunch of people were standing around looking at it, much like people stand around and look at wrecks anywhere.

As I said in another thread. I never thought I'd see the day when you would defend the murder of women and children by US troops, McG. This is kinda a new low for you.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:17 am
Rolling Eyes

Yes I saw the video, I wonder if it is the same one you saw? I saw people dancing on top of the Bradley.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:18 am
Sure, 2 people.

61 injured, 14 killed, because 2 stupid kids got up on top of it. And that's justified to you?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:19 am
Since when is defending US troops a problem?

Echo McGentrix.

Unless you value their live more than US lives.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:20 am
woiyo wrote:
revel - You are taliing in circles and not being specific.

Name one country we "pissed off" and now are not being "helpful".

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/01/24/france.germany.rumsfeld/

"Rumsfeld angered France and Germany by saying they were not representative of a "New Europe" that includes former Soviet bloc countries. "You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't. I think that's old Europe," Rumsfeld told reporters."

None of those countries are being too terribly helpful at the moment. Bush did seek their aide after once brushing them aside before the war. He came away with some kind of odd deal for nato to train Iraq troops outside of Iraq for all his troubles and called it a victory.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-06-28-nato_x.htm?csp=15

"The decision falls short of U.S. hopes that NATO would take a larger role in Iraq."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:22 am
There weren't any troops to defend. The vehicle was empty and on fire.

I value Iraqi civilian lives the exact same as I value US troop lives. They are both people, with no difference between them whatsoever.

You guys can rationalize this however you want; there have been apologists for the terrible things that we do in war since, well, forever. But that doesn't make murder right.

Think about it this way; even if the US was justified, which I don't see how they could be, what do you think the millions of Iraqis who watch this on TV are going to think about it? Terrible PR, at the very least.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:23 am
woiyo wrote:
Since when is defending US troops a problem?

Echo McGentrix.

Unless you value their live more than US lives.

I wasn't aware that live reporting is something US troops need to be defended against.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:25 am
I have long been of the opinion that American conservatism is the armpit of political philosophy.
Reading the posts from the conservative contributors to this thread reinforces that opinion...in spades.

The very best thing that could happen to this country...and to the world...

...is for American conservatism to be squashed.

I imagine it was a general populace mindset much like American conservatism that allowed someone like Hitler to gain the power he had. Thankfully, he did not have the arsenal we have.

I no more trust people like Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld with our weaponry than I would trust the like of Hitler or Saddam.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:31 am
We saw what a liberal government did in the failure of stopping Osama in the 90's frank. I didn't realize you wanted to follow sharia law and have our country decimated by fanatical Muslim terrorists.

freeduck, the reporters death is sad and tragic. Make no mistake in that. Keeping the arms and ammunition found in the Bradley out of the hands of fanatics is important. I guess waht's being missed in this is that militants disabled a vehicle on it's way to help Iraqi civilians in a different part of town. Then, the innocent civilians in the vicinity decided to have a block party firing on the soldiers escaping the Bradley and then dancing on the wreckage.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:34 am
McGentrix wrote:
We saw what a liberal government did in the failure of stopping Osama in the 90's frank. I didn't realize you wanted to follow sharia law and have our country decimated by fanatical Muslim terrorists.

Assuming you're talking about Clinton, who wasn't very liberal, this isn't true. Clinton knew of the danger and put a plan in place to eliminate it. He tried to pass it to the Bush administration who wanted nothing to do with anything that wasn't missile defense.

Quote:

I guess waht's being missed in this is that militants disabled a vehicle on it's way to help Iraqi civilians in a different part of town. Then, the innocent civilians in the vicinity decided to have a block party firing on the soldiers escaping the Bradley and then dancing on the wreckage.

I think that when bad things like this happen, it makes us feel better to imagine the people that we've harmed as heartless savages who deserved to die.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:47 am
France and Germany? Well have they closed their embasies? Stopped trade? Stopped passing intel?

No. None of these things have happened.
0 Replies