Kerry is world favorite by 2-1 margin

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
Maybe you are being deliberately obtuse. It comes down to this:

McG says
Quote:
the US does not fire indiscriminately into crowds. They pick and choose their targets and casualties are the result. Hopefully we get more bad guys than innocent victims.

and I would like to think that this is true. But when you say things like
Quote:
If I was a helicopter [ilot and looked down at a bunch of folks waving jihad banners standing on top of a burning Humvee, I think I take that shot.

and I think maybe there is someone in the military who sees it your way.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:24 am
What is it about neoconservatives who insist on re-electing a man who's more hated around the world than Saddam Hussein or bin Laden? It truly boggles the mind.

Must be that neoconservative fascist thing. Afterall, Hitler wasn't very popular around the world either.

JustWonders insists on describing Chirac as a dictator. Fair enough. Expect the same vitriol right back at ya. Four more years of Bushitler is just plain unacceptable.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:26 am
I would hope so. We didn't go into Iraq with the intention of liberating a bunch of foreign jihadists. If they brought their families along with them on their little insurgency, well, that was pretty stupid of them.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:34 am
Dookiestix wrote:
What is it about neoconservatives who insist on re-electing a man who's more hated around the world than Saddam Hussein or bin Laden? It truly boggles the mind.

Must be that neoconservative fascist thing. Afterall, Hitler wasn't very popular around the world either.

JustWonders insists on describing Chirac as a dictator. Fair enough. Expect the same vitriol right back at ya. Four more years of Bushitler is just plain unacceptable.

Why do people think it is ok to make comments as though it is fact then expect others to come to believe as they do. Please provide some sort of data (I am sure you can since you would never mislead or lie) which backs up your statement of fact that Bush is more hated around the world than Hussein or bin Laden. I know this is such a small point of contention, but making such statements as though it is fact and widely known sure does not help your credibility.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:35 am
Dookiestix wrote:

Ahh, a San Francisco liberal clocking in with the court of world opinion. What a breath of fresh air. Not.

San Francisco is a beautiful city. Will I go there any longer and spend my hard earned money? Nope. It's a true "bay of pigs".
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:37 am
Oh, I will happily concede that I am uninformed where Hussein's and bin Laden's popularity is concerned if you can back up your statement with some type of valid reference/research. Thanks.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:39 am
cjhsa wrote:
I would hope so. We didn't go into Iraq with the intention of liberating a bunch of foreign jihadists. If they brought their families along with them on their little insurgency, well, that was pretty stupid of them.

I was about to give up on this conversation, but I can't let this slide. What you are suggesting is that the 'insurgents' are all foreign jihadis and that the innocent civilians were their families. Are you saying that we have not killed Iraqi civilians, or that if we have, that they deserved to die?

Maybe you could tell me just exactly what our intention was going into Iraq.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:40 am
cjhsa:

Quote:
San Francisco is a beautiful city. Will I go there any longer and spend my hard earned money? Nope. It's a true "bay of pigs".

The only audible grunts from any swine I can detect just came from that last statement of yours. One of the main reasons why San Francisco is a beautiful city is because people of different sexual and ethnic persuasions are more accepted here than anywhere else I've ever visited. And I would much rather have my 4 1/2 year old daughter grow up color blind than harbor the kind of rightwing anger you've just eschewed.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:43 am
When cjhsa suggests that "we" should fire into dancing crowds more, I believe that's a cue.

So when are you signing up to go? Baghdad, Kabul, or the Sudan?

They might even let you provide your own weapon. We are in a budget crisis.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:49 am
Dookiestix wrote:
cjhsa:

Quote:

The only audible grunts from any swine I can detect just came from that last statement of yours. One of the main reasons why San Francisco is a beautiful city is because people of different sexual and ethnic persuasions are more accepted here than anywhere else I've ever visited. And I would much rather have my 4 1/2 year old daughter grow up color blind than harbor the kind of rightwing anger you've just eschewed.
Now that is a funny statement. How can you claim color blind when it is the liberal agenda that you spout that keeps color and sexual preference in the lime light?

San Francisco is the new Sodom and Gomorra of the new world. Hell the tax payers of SF even have to pay for some freak to mutilate themselves and have a sex change if they want it. Last time I looked it wasn't necessary to have a sex change, but a choice, just like the whole gay agenda. Force change on those that don't agree with you so that you can feel better about your choice in life.

There's a reason I left CA when I did. I didn't want my children to grow up in the cesspool of liberal lies and indoctrination.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:50 am
I live in San Francisco.

I grew up in New York and lived and worked there as a young adult.

Neither of America's two greatest cities is Bush Country. Neither is a comfortable place for the intellectually narrow minded.

The Bay of Pigs is still in Cuba. Some say it was the reason for the assination of JFK. It is true the East Bay is pig latin for "Beast."

But the 'pigs' you're referring to who sit on the Curbs of San Francisco are probably from your home state wherever you live. It's a reflection on your social policies in your state, not California's. As far as we're concerned here in CA you should take care of your own white trash and not pass it on to us.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:01 pm
I can certainly say that the U.S. in general is not ready to become a "progressive society", certainly not in my lifetime, and hopefully never, if it entails the kind of garbage that you propose it should.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:03 pm
Yes, the disgusting policies of the post Vietnam era, and Reagan's disasterous dismantling of the mental health system of the 80's, has made it's permanent mark here in San Francisco. Lest we forget that many of these former veterans are permanently scarred by the horrors of Vietnam, and that we can probably expect the same from soldiers coming home from Iraq missing their limbs, their spirit, and their sanity.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:04 pm
I repeat; ignorance must be bliss.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:06 pm
You must be eternally happy.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:08 pm
Why?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
padmasambava wrote:
I live in San Francisco.

I grew up in New York and lived and worked there as a young adult.

Neither of America's two greatest cities is Bush Country. Neither is a comfortable place for the intellectually narrow minded.

The undergraduate class at U.C. Berkeley is something like 50% asian. Certainly there is an example of intellectual open mindedness. Eh?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:11 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Why?

Just a hunch I have.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:14 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
Why?

Just a hunch I have.

I think that is a good hunch McG.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:20 pm
cjhsa:

Quote:
The undergraduate class at U.C. Berkeley is something like 50% asian. Certainly there is an example of intellectual open mindedness. Eh?

You might want to stop while you're ahead. But then again, there'd be nothing to ridicule if you did.
0 Replies