Will Donald Trump Be Afraid To Debate Hillary Clinton?

cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 04:27 pm
@farmerman,
I'm only posting what I find on the net. I'm a bit confused too, but it probably ranges in between those numbers.
Fact checkers: http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/31/ninety-one-percent-donald-trump-false.html
ossobucotemp

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 06:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm not clear this is anything about policy, but that it is about who likes who.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 06:35 pm
I like CI, but he is Mr. Repetititive.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:33 am
I don't know, people...
I'm telling you - I still think Donald Trump may still find an excuse to bow out of the debates. He is coming up with a couple of new complaints(moderators are Democrats, Anderson Cooper is biased, the debate committee has rigged it...) every day. I think when he realizes there is no way he can bullshit his way through 90 minutes of being pressed for sensible answers, he still might bail.
giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm only posting what I find on the net. I'm a bit confused too, but it probably ranges in between those numbers.
Fact checkers: http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/31/ninety-one-percent-donald-trump-false.html

That goes without saying, and seems to be one of his biggest problems in posting.
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:55 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don't know, people...
I'm telling you - I still think Donald Trump may still find an excuse to bow out of the debates. He is coming up with a couple of new complaints(moderators are Democrats, Anderson Cooper is biased, the debate committee has rigged it...) every day. I think when he realizes there is no way he can bullshit his way through 90 minutes of being pressed for sensible answers, he still might bail.

You got that right

You got that wrong

0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 02:28 pm
Today is the last campaign event Hillary will do before the debate. Does she need this much prep time, or are they afraid her health might falter. Surely she doesn't need any prep time.
cicerone imposter

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 02:32 pm
@Brand X,
I'm sure Hillary's health is okay. At least she's mentally sharp.
snood

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 02:53 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Today is the last campaign event Hillary will do before the debate. Does she need this much prep time, or are they afraid her health might falter. Surely she doesn't need any prep time.

Hillary is known for trying to be ultra-prepared. They are trying to prepare for whatever Donald shows up - either the trash-talking insult monkey, or the more sober and sedate "adult" version. Since the moderators are pretty much not going to call Trump on his lies and fantasies, Hillary is going to have to be solid enough with her facts that at least it's obvious to the audience who has command of the issues.
maporsche

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:09 pm
Only in this election would someone think being prepared for a debate is a negative.
cicerone imposter

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:11 pm
@snood,
I don't think Trump is going to be stating facts if the past is any indication. Many don't care if he tells the truth, and the polls prove that.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm sure Hillary's health is okay. At least she's mentally sharp.

As sharp as any Pinhead can be
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:06 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Only in this election would someone think being prepared for a debate is a negative.

It's all in how you look at it... With his many lies is she needs to remember and cover I guess I'd say that's a negative.
maporsche

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 08:43 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

maporsche wrote:

It's all in how you look at it... With his many lies is she needs to remember and cover I guess I'd say that's a negative.

You're correct guijohn (although, by accident I fear). HE (Trump) does lie an awfully lot and SHE (Clinton) does need to remember his tendencies and cover them with facts.

Trumps candidacy and what he's doing to America is indeed a negative.
cicerone imposter

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:58 am
@maporsche,
Guijohn, Go to politifact and do a search on "trump lies."
0 Replies

snood

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 10:47 am
Oh, this is good. Trump is saying he doesn't think Lester Holt should bother with fact checking. Go figure - Donald Trump doesn't want to be fact-checked.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-tells-lester-holt-don%e2%80%99t-fact-check-debates/ar-BBwuhSL?li=BBnb7Kz
0 Replies

snood

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 10:49 am
Does anyone else think there is still a chance he finds am excuse not to show?
giujohn

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 11:18 am
@maporsche,
I view Hillary's lies as much more egregious in as much as she has violated the public Trust. Trump's lies are of a businessman whose main focus was to make money... so far his track record is clean he hasn't screwed the American public, Hillary has.
cicerone imposter

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 11:23 am
@snood,
If Trump plays chicken now, he's going to lose support from the fringe voters.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-debate-idUSKCN11S0XF
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 22 Sep, 2016 11:41 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I view Hillary's lies as much more egregious in as much as she has violated the public Trust. Trump's lies are of a businessman whose main focus was to make money... so far his track record is clean he hasn't screwed the American public, Hillary has.

Hillary has built her career on helping people. She has helped millions. Whatever 'trust' has been violated has been because her default mode is toward privacy instead of disclosure. When investigated she's found to have done nothing but what is in the best interest of helping people.

Trump has made money and ripped off a lot more.

Hillary has never screwed the American public. Trump has many times.