Will Donald Trump Be Afraid To Debate Hillary Clinton?

parados

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 07:38 am
@woiyo,
Quote:

Consider the taxes he DID pay such as Corporate taxes, Real estate Taxes, unemployment tax, FICA, State and Local taxes. Consider the taxes his THOUSANDS of employees paid.

It seems most of Trumps companies are not corporations so any taxes would be his to pay personally which means if he isn't paying Federal income taxes then no one is.
Real Estate taxes aren't Federal and Trump has gotten "great" deals to get out of paying the real estate taxes.

The taxes his employees paid are not paid by him.
DrewDad

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 07:44 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Your ignorance is not unusual. The system that politicians like Clinton created, is why people like Trump pay no additional personal income taxes.

I find the level of your ignorance very unusual.

I totally agree that the tax rules favor the rich. Now, can you explain why you want them to favor the rich even more?

woiyo wrote:
Consider the taxes he DID pay such as Corporate taxes, Real estate Taxes, unemployment tax, FICA, State and Local taxes. Consider the taxes his THOUSANDS of employees paid.

There's the goal-post moving I predicted. I called it first! No other poster called it before me! (For any future reader who's forgotten Trump's mannerisms, those previous two sentences are satire....)

FYI, there is no such thing as "corporate" taxes. If you mean, business entities generally pay taxes before passing on profits to owners/investors, then you get a cookie.

Can you please explain what influence the President has over real estate taxes or state and local taxes?

engineer

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 08:08 am
@DrewDad,
In 2012, Romney said:

Quote:
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what … who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. … These are people who pay no income tax. … and so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

While Romney was strongly criticized for his comment, this was (and basically still is today) a right talking point. It ignores the sales taxes, social security taxes, utility taxes, etc those people pay - if they don't pay federal taxes, Romney's job "is not to worry about those people." In at least two years, Trump has been one of those people. By his admission, it has likely been more than two.
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 08:49 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
We won't know if he paid his fair share or any of his taxes unless we see them.

Agreed. I couldn't have said it any better. Donald Chump knows that if Americans were to see his tax filings, that he would become the most hated man in the America. His poll numbers would probably drop to an all time low.
Real Music

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 08:54 am
@parados,
Quote:
The taxes his employees paid are not paid by him.

Agreed. This point really needs to be re-emphasized.
Real Music

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 09:03 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I totally agree that the tax rules favor the rich. Now, can you explain why you want them to favor the rich even more?

Great question. Your post directed this question to woiyo. I can't wait to see what kind of responses we're going to get from the Trump supporters.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 10:13 am
@Real Music,
His tax returns will only prove what most people already know; he's a liar.
0 Replies

woiyo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 10:20 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Now, can you explain why you want them to favor the rich even more?

I never said I DID favor tax benefits for the rich. Another assumption on your part. If the politicians do not like the system THEY created, then change it.

Quote:
there is no such thing as "corporate" taxes

Really? I like chocolate chip cookies.

0 Replies

woiyo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 10:23 am
@Real Music,
Business owners employee people who earn income and pay taxes. Why is that so difficult for your folks to understand?
We need someone to lead the Federal Govt who understands that business needs to grow better than 1% so they can hire more people who will earn income and pay more taxes. Clinton wants to penalize those who create jobs.
izzythepush

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 10:28 am
@woiyo,
Business people make their money from the skills of the workforce and the benefits of living in a country with decent infrastructure and security. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You need someone to lead the government who understands the importance of ensuring everyone pays their taxes so the infrastructure doesn't collapse, so the workforce is skilled and so that law and order is maintained.
DrewDad

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:31 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Business owners employee people who earn income and pay taxes. Why is that so difficult for your folks to understand?

We tried trickle-down economics. It doesn't work. Have you seen the state of Brownbackistan's Kansas' economy, lately?
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Business people make their money from the skills of the workforce and the benefits of living in a country with decent infrastructure and security

Here's another wonderful quote that piggy backs on what you are saying that I am borrowing from poster cicerone imposter
Quote:
"If they made their wealth in this country, they can contribute more to this country by helping the less fortunate amongst us."

I wonder how the super wealthy would feel, if they were banned from doing business in America. The billions they would lose would have them begging to pay higher taxes to be allowed to resume doing business in America.
cicerone imposter

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Also, in today's competitive world, good education is a necessity for our country to remain competitive.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:40 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Quote:
Every business owner pays federal taxes. Every tax payer pays federal taxes. No one escapes the tax man.

Maybe that is why it is taking so long for the IRS to get through auditing his taxes. We won't know if he paid his fair share or any of his taxes unless we see them.

I doubt his idea of "fair share" will equal yours.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:42 pm
Trump still failed to rent to black tenants, even after lawsuit and 'no admission of guilt'
Jesse Lehrich ‏@JesseLehrich 20m20 minutes ago
damning factcheck on Trump’s lies about the racial discrimination suit he faced
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/09/28/trumps-claim-that-a-racial-discrimination-suit-was-brought-against-many-real-estate-firms/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtckVAkWIAAohxv.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:42 pm
@McGentrix,
All the more reason for making sure he pays it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:46 pm
When Trump said that not paying taxes ‘makes me smart,’ undecided voters in N.C. gasped
CARY, N.C. — Donald Trump so captured Ron Townley’s attention as “an outsider ready to tear down the system,” just the one who might break the Washington logjam, the doer to build new airports and highways, that he was considering voting for him.

But Trump’s response Monday night when Hillary Clinton accused him of not paying a cent of federal tax left Townley appalled.

“That makes me smart,” Trump said, unapologetic and smiling, during the presidential debate.

That comment caused a gasp in the hotel conference room where Townley and a half-dozen other undecided voters in this battleground state were watching the debate.

“That’s offensive. I pay taxes,” said Townley, 52, a program director for a local council of governments.

The undecided voters gathered here Monday by The Washington Post were from all over the state; they were in Cary to attend a Rural Center conference, where gubernatorial and Senate candidates were among the speakers.

Each of the men and women said they had not yet found a candidate to rally around because they found fault with both. But after the debate, four of the six undecided voters said they now leaned toward Clinton after she showed mastery of the issues and appeared more presidential. A fifth voter declared himself essentially now in the Clinton’s camp: “After tonight, I think I am convinced, I will vote for Clinton,” said Rev. Kelly Andrews, a Baptist pastor from Tarboro.

Hint for Dumbass Donald: smart people don't brag to voters about how smart they are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-lean-toward-clinton-among-one-group-of-undecided-north-carolina-voters/2016/09/27/ff271b2e-8469-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:49 pm
@McGentrix,
Trump Could Be in Big Trouble

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-could-be-in-big-trouble

David Goldman
ByJosh MarshallPublishedSeptember 27, 2016, 6:54 PM EDT

Our reporter Tierney Sneed spent the day reporting on the latest information on the Trump Foundation. We now have clear evidence of self-dealing in the payouts made by the Foundation and as of yesterday pretty clear evidence that Trump has used the Foundation to avoid paying taxes on income. The combination could spell real legal trouble for Trump, possible even criminal penalties. In short, you're not allowed to use a family foundation as a piggy bank or slush fund for tax avoidance and personal or business purposes. We've proceeded cautiously in what we know and what we don't. We've also tried to be cognizant of the fact that this is an area of criminal law where intent is critical - which is to say, ignorance of the law is a defense. That said, one top former IRS official involved in oversight of tax exempt organizations told TPM, "Once you see a pattern of that kind of egregious nature, you start to think if whether there’s an appropriate criminal referral there." Here's the story.

If you're a tax law expert, either a practitioner, a professor or involved in enforcement, we are continued to probe this story. So we would like to hear from you with your opinion, thoughts, advice on issues most in need of probing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Josh MarshallFollow https://twitter.com/joshtpm
Josh Marshall is editor and publisher of TalkingPointsMemo.com.
McGentrix

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 12:59 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Quote:
Business people make their money from the skills of the workforce and the benefits of living in a country with decent infrastructure and security

I think this is one of the biggest disconnects between the left and the right. Goes back to Obama's "You didn't build that road."

Without the business people hiring people to make them money then those people are doing nothing. They are not creating anything, building anything, innovating anything, growing anything, paying anything. They are nothing without the person that has hired them to trade money for labor.

You have to understand that not all people are the same and they do not have the same intelligence, the same skill sets, the same drive. I do not think that the kid grilling hamburgers has the same skills as the adult managing the company. Different skill sets. I do not think the person that manages the company wants to grill hamburgers either. That is why the manager hires and pays the person to grill hamburgers for him. Without that manager, what is that kid doing? Nothing.

Without the businesses that need a solid infrastructure to deliver goods and services pay to get those things through paying taxes. The people that they employ also pay taxes. Do you honestly think that people that don't work or are not self employed do a lot for the actual infrastructure? The companies that build roads and bridges are almost always contractors... yeah, someone's company that hired people to work for him.

I've never understood why this concept is so hard to understand but the liberal brain just doesn't get it. The country was built on the backs of people working for other people who built a company from their bare hands. Oh, I know, there are a lot who inherit stuff and you'll decry their ownership, but you what? Tough ****. Someone built the company and passed it on to their kids. That's the American way.
McGentrix

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Trump Could Be in Big Trouble

Hillary deleted classified emails on a private email server and denied it... I doubt Trump is in any trouble.
0 Replies