Will Donald Trump Be Afraid To Debate Hillary Clinton?

ehBeth

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:35 pm
@McGentrix,
Well, yeah, Mr. Trump got busted for more lies. That doesn't mean Mrs. Clinton got a purity label stuck on her.
Builder

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Did Jill Stein manage to get locked up for trying to attend the "presidential" debate this time?

https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xlf1/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/14462790_1251438318231299_1235091239835341050_n.jpg?oh=af36d7698c7e221c18594e64baf4fa38&oe=5880F86E&__gda__=1484720802_ffbeadd6a9cf019fcfff6a9a4c3027a1
georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:55 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Just like I said before, you never back up any of claims but just make statements as though it is the gospel and then double down on it without a shred of evidence.

This isn't an academic journal. Footnotes are not required. You don't back up all your statments either, and I find your interpretations of complex events usually filled with bias. Beyond that, words like "never" and "not a shred of evidence " are obviously exaggerations and false.

revelette2 wrote:

It matters not a jot Obama announcing the withdrawal. It was no secret. The agreement was struck and broadly announced before Obama ever became President that the troops would withdraw at the end of 2011. Obama wanted to keep some residue of non combat forces in place but could not because if he had, our soldiers would have lost their immunity from prosecution. In the end, the administration largely kept to agreement signed by Bush W and Iraqi government of which everyone already knew about.

You are dead wrong here. In War and statecraft uncertainty about what one might do is absolutely essential for deterrence and effective strategy. That is a very elementary principle which you (and our self-absorbed idiot President) have ignored. Telegraphing your punches is a good way to get knocked out. I suspect Obama actually understands that: instead he actually wanted out at all costs and was in effect encouraging Iraqi President Malaki ( a Shiah) to give him an excuse to retaliate against the Sunni without our interference.. It worked and the outcome was very bad for everyone. Some very good books have been written about these events. You should read one.

0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 06:09 pm
Did Donald Chump really asked the moderator and media to call up Sean Hannity to prove that Donald Chump wasn't lying? Is Trump serious? Was this some hilarious joke? Donald Chump continues to go off the rail. Somebody please help this man. I am starting to question is mental stability. He's a walking train wreck. Maybe the 90 minute debate was too long for Trump. The gibberish that he was speaking must have resulted from his lack of stamina.

hingehead

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 06:11 pm
@Real Music,
Apparently a journo did ask Hannity and Hannity said there was no video or audio of it.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 06:19 pm
If they could all stop calling the illegal invasion of Iraq a "war", yeah, that'd be great......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 06:24 pm
@Builder,
I kinda hope so.
Builder

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 06:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I kinda hope so.

That would lead to something pro-active, like prosecution.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 08:26 pm
I actually think the HRC camp should be careful of triumphalism (as opposed to trumpism)

I have no doubt he has a hail mary bombshell stored away for a later debate.

This still made me laugh though.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/75/22/4c/75224c3e8cdb5a7359ab86d35fed812b.jpg
Builder

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 08:43 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
I actually think the HRC camp should be careful of triumphalism....

Why, Hinge? They got rid of any real competition quite a while ago. The Trumpet is just there to make her look better than bad. That's all.
hingehead

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:15 pm
@Builder,
Because american politics is a little bit crazy (they technically elected GWB - remember?) - and their lack of compulsory voting can mean passionate idiots get more voice than disinterested empaths.
Builder

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:29 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
....their lack of compulsory voting can mean passionate idiots get more voice than disinterested empaths.

Well said. Thanks.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:39 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

I have no doubt he has a hail mary bombshell stored away for a later debate.

Fox and Chris Wallace are hosting the last debate.

Perhaps, as an Australian, you could make a prediction about how fairly moderated it is likely to be? How fairly moderated are typical debates on Murdoch-owned TV stations?
ossobucotemp

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:51 pm
@Kolyo,
Really? Chihuahua! (that is an expletive from my youth)
Kolyo

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:52 pm
@ossobucotemp,
From what I gather.
ossobucotemp

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:06 pm
@Kolyo,
So the first and last mods were and will be to the right? and the middle sounds like a free for all? (I can't tell, maybe it will be fun).
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:07 pm
We live in interesting times.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:19 pm
@Kolyo,
Believe it or not Rupert doesn't own any free-to-air TV stations in Australia (because of our cross-media ownership laws; he owns about 75% of or print media).

My only experience of Murdoch owned TV is Foxnews (we get it on Satellite/cable). I don't have much (any) faith in Fox's fair and balanced, but I'm also not sure where Fox sits on Trump any more. Hannity still fellates him but I'm not so sure about the station as a whole. Mabye you could shed some light on that?
Kolyo

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:22 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Mabye you could shed some light on that?

Nope. I never go near Fox.
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 11:12 pm
This may be the funniest moment of the debate. Donald Chump's ridiculous attempt of debating Hillary Clinton on temperament. Hillary Clinton just sat back and allowed Donald Chump to portray himself as the fool we all know him to be. That was a classic comical moment.

0 Replies