Will Donald Trump Be Afraid To Debate Hillary Clinton?

georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:25 pm
It appears the Hillary brigade may be getting a bit nervous. The swift thumbing down of dissent in any form is accelerating and the irritability of the members appears to be increasing.

Overall "the righties", as DrewDad calls them, appear to be a bit more gracious and tolerant with disagreement..

It will be an interesting election, in a year filled with unexpected surprises, and in which we have two candidates with the lowest polled favorability ratings in several decades.
DrewDad

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:28 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Overall "the righties", as DrewDad calls them, appear to be a bit more gracious and tolerant with disagreement..

Sure... That's why righties hang out in their little echo-chamber sites....
georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:42 pm
@DrewDad,
I don't have any experience with such sites. Is this an echo chamber site for "lefties" (to use your terminology) ?? Perhaps that explains your remarkably low thresholds of (usually childish) indignation
revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:53 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
You presume to speak for many others. We will soon have an election that will give us an answer. Until mthen you are just whistling in the dark

I am reasonably confident Hillary will win, she is further ahead than others who went on to win and I don't see Trump pulling any big surprises. I think he is done, but we'll see.

Quote:
Well she did vote for it as a Senator from New York and then, later. after a successful surge, and Obama's very unwise, hasty (and foolishly much advertized to those we were dealing) with mass withdrawl, and the disaster that followed that, abruptly declare she had been against it all along. ( I think that's enough to make a reasonable observer wonder about her candor and taste for accountability for her own actions.) Trump was a private citizen not in government throughout.

You sure do like rewrite history. Bush W signed a withdrawal agreement with the Iraqi government and the only we could have stayed past that date was if our soldiers lost their protection from being prosecuted by the Iraqi government. Look it up. She never has declared she was against it all along. Provide proof of those words or you should take them back or they stand as a lie. Yes Trump was a private citizen however he made certain claims and his claims have proven to be lies and Clinton called him on it.

Quote:
Though I'm not persuated that fidgeting is as serious as you imply.

Please, the man was out of control.
georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:07 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

You sure do like rewrite history. Bush W signed a withdrawal agreement with the Iraqi government and the only we could have stayed past that date was if our soldiers lost their protection from being prosecuted by the Iraqi government. Look it up. She never has declared she was against it all along. Provide proof of those words or you should take them back or they stand as a lie. Yes Trump was a private citizen however he made certain claims and his claims have proven to be lies and Clinton called him on it.

You are hiding behind carefully selected desails and ignoring the obvious truth.
Obama loudly announced his intent to remove as many of our troops from Iraq as quickly as he could. At that moment he instantly lost the substantial leverage we had with the Shia controlled government in Iraq, and destroyed the confidence and loyalty we had gained - at great cost- during the surge with the Sunni minority who later turned to the "Junior Vasrsity" Islamic State . Our ability to negotiate an acceptable status of forces agreement with the Iraqui government vanished at that instant, and Obama exhibited zero resistance to that, as getting out was his only goal. There is ample written descriptions of all this by bthe main participants, including the then Secretary of Defense.

It appears to me that you know less than you claim and understand very little of that to boot.

Hillary has indeed declared her view that the Iraqi invasion was an error, but when she had that road to Damascus epiphany I don't know.

You are very quick to call others liars even in situations in which your own lack of understanding is very clear.
revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:08 pm
@georgeob1,
The echo chamber drewdad might be referring to is places like the Drudge Report, CNBC and Washington Times which has Trump ahead in their "online polls" which are an echo chamber because they are not a random sample of people representative of the population.

Which Post-Debate Polls to Trust And Which to Disregard
Baldimo

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:10 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
Bush W signed a withdrawal agreement with the Iraqi government and the only we could have stayed past that date was if our soldiers lost their protection from being prosecuted by the Iraqi government.

If that is the case, why did Obama spend so much time during the 2012 election cycle taking credit for withdrawing troops from Iraq? That was until the media started asking questions about ISIS, then Obama couldn't get far enough away from the troop withdrawal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFqrBJ_1rro
georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:11 pm
@revelette2,
Thanks. I don't frequent that stuff. Are there any equivalent sites for Democrats, progressives and the like? I suspect there are.

I prefer to form my own opinions and believe that conversations restricted to those who all agree on something are usually rather dull and uninformative.
cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Trump on the Iraq war.
Quote:
Trump: Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

Gibberish anyone?
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:31 pm
@georgeob1,
Just like I said before, you never back up any of claims but just make statements as though it is the gospel and then double down on it without a shred of evidence.

It matters not a jot Obama announcing the withdrawal. It was no secret. The agreement was struck and broadly announced before Obama ever became President that the troops would withdraw at the end of 2011. Obama wanted to keep some residue of non combat forces in place but could not because if he had, our soldiers would have lost their immunity from prosecution. In the end, the administration largely kept to agreement signed by Bush W and Iraqi government of which everyone already knew about.

Obama wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq
McGentrix

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Almost every network did live as well as post-debate fact-checking on both candidates. All over my FB and twitter feeds for the last 20 or so hours.

right... because they will be all over Hillary's lies. It seems, by the media's account, that the man can't tell the truth.
revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Well apparently there was some push by some in the military to leave a much larger force to fight terrorist and Obama resisted that push. In any event, he is not perfect, he is a politician and he makes claims which are suspect just like the rest. He really had no choice to withdraw the troops unless he was willing to let our troops be prosecuted regardless of ISIS or not. Now we are fighting ISIS with allies and the Iraqi military which never would have happened had we not gone to Iraq in the first place.

(read the link I left in my previous post for above statements)
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:58 pm
Comfort break

0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 04:31 pm

Donald Chump makes an admission of not paying any taxes or zero in taxes. During the debate, Donald claims that paying zero in taxes makes him smart. Hillary Clinton wisely point out that Donald paying zero in taxes means he paid zero for the troops, zero for veterans, and zero for schools.

hingehead

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 04:33 pm
@Real Music,
Apparently he denied saying not paying taxes made him smart AN HOUR after the debate. I think that's his new PB.
Real Music

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 04:49 pm
Although no one is use to Donald Chump ever telling the truth, this might be a rare instance when Donald and his campaign finally told the truth. Donald Chump and his campaign kept telling the media that he wasn't going to spend much time preparing for the debate. Trump and his campaign kept telling the media that he was just going to wing it, with little or no preparation. Based on Donald Chump embarrassing performance, proves that they were actually telling the truth. Donald Chump got his clock cleaned by Hillary Clinton. Poor Donald. I hope he's not afraid to attend the next two debates.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:04 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
Hillary Clinton wisely point out that Donald paying zero in taxes means he paid zero for the troops, zero for veterans, and zero for schools.

Do you think Trump supporters know who they are supporting? A rich guy who claims he's worth billions not paying taxes? He's not paying his fair share for all the government paid infrastructure (roads, highways, bridges and communication grids), schools, hospitals, military/defense, police, fire stations, national parks, our security, FBI/CIA, and other government services such as the food programs (for children and seniors), unemployment insurance, airports (Trump complained that our airports are not up to standard such as in Dubai).

A narcissist who only thinks about himself.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:09 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Apparently he denied saying not paying taxes made him smart AN HOUR after the debate. I think that's his new PB.

Well this time there was a record number of viewers who heard him say it even if they decide to take a leaf from his Trump's book and deny it too. If they do, there are transcripts which will be available. What a world we live in.
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:11 pm
Shortly after the debate, Donald Chump says moderator Lester Holt did a great job. Donald Chump also says that Lester Holt questions were fair.
The next day Donald Chump is singing a different tune. Which is it?

cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:15 pm
@Real Music,
He's had time to think about it, and now wants to blame his loss to Lester Hold. It was also the height of his mic. He's going to blame the audience next, and that includes the tv audience.
0 Replies