Will Donald Trump Be Afraid To Debate Hillary Clinton?

revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:27 am
@georgeob1,
I really don't know when you all are going to get it through your heads, other than Trump supporters and those who hate Hillary no matter what, no one really cares about the emails to the point where it matters of who they think is qualified to be president. All the polls show people think Hillary is more qualified to be president regardless of whether they think she told the truth on her stupid email server or not.

On the question of Iraq, sure they had information at their fingertips, but it was presented to them with false and misleading information. Moreover, when they gave the authorization, they gave authorization to take it to the UN and let the inspection process play out before going to war.

Trump has made a big deal of Hillary being for the Iraq war, if he didn't, then it wouldn't be a big deal if he was for it before he was against it. It is called hypocrisy. Not only that but he keeps digging the hole bigger with the Iraq issue and the issue of Obama's birth certificate and he has never personally apologized to the President and he owes him one, publically.

Lastly, the man is not ready to be president of the United States, he can't handle standing still for ninety minutes without fidgeting around and making immature faces like a six year old during church prayers.
ehBeth

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 09:42 am
http://www.idesirevintageposters.com/images/fernel-36.jpg

this Fernel poster summarizes it for me

one of them knows how to use the apparatus

the other can't figure it out even with direction from the ringmaster
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:11 am
Last night, Reince Priebus, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Ed Meese and many more realized that they have stepped into a very large, steaming pile of dogshit.

Bill Kristol Verified account
‏@BillKristol
Email from former GOP official: "We nominated a babbling, imbecilic, sniffling con man who was never conservative, classy, or electable.​"
ehBeth

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:18 am
@blatham,
http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2016/9/27/deb-10.gif
cicerone imposter

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:23 am
@revelette2,
That's true about Iraq. I know because I wrote to Senator Diane Feinstein and told her not to approve the war. She wrote back and told me with the information they had, they had to approve the war. They were wrong, because they had the wrong information about WMDs.
They chased out the UN Weapons Inspectors that was uncalled for.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:34 am
@ehBeth,
One tweet I've seen re that clip is quite wonderful...

"Hillary Clinton shaking off the patriarchy"
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 10:43 am
I think the most robust proof of Donald Trump's fine character is the people he keeps around him.

"Trump Adviser Roger Stone Claims Clinton Was Placed On An “Oxygen Tank” Immediately After Presidential Debate
Stone: Secret Service Agent Told Me Clinton “Has Some Advanced Form Of Epilepsy”
https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/09/27/trump-adviser-roger-stone-claims-clinton-was-placed-oxygen-tank-immediately-after-presidential/213346
McGentrix

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 11:25 am
@blatham,
Aren't the rumors of Trump's "cocaine problem" of equal concern? No one will be innocent once this is over.
engineer

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 11:57 am
@McGentrix,
Yes, they are. People can't get a cold in this campaign without the knives coming out.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:21 pm
There was a little policy discussed last night. Apparently Trump wants to go back to trickle down as though we haven't been there and done that and lived to pay the price in 2008 up to the present day.

Quote:
Taxes

Clinton: “What I have proposed would be paid for by raising taxes on the wealthy, because they have made all the gains in the economy and I think it’s time that the wealthy and corporations pay their fair share to support this country.”

Trump: “Well, I’m really calling for major jobs, because the wealthy are going to create tremendous jobs. They are going to expand their companies, they’re gonna do a tremendous job.”

source

I keep telling myself, surely people don't want to go back to failed policies, but people surprise me all the time.
DrewDad

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:35 pm
@revelette2,
The most hilarious thing I've encountered today is the crickets from our resident righties, here.
izzythepush

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:39 pm
Quote:
The Republican candidate for White House appeared to use an unusual adverb in his debate against Hillary Clinton. Or did he? Jon Kelly investigates.

There was a moment in the first US presidential debate when lots of people asked themselves: "Did Trump just say 'bigly'?"

Followed quickly by: "Is that even a word?"

It came during a discussion on fiscal policy, when, Donald Trump told his opponent: "I'm going to cut taxes bigly, and you're going to raise taxes bigly." Or so many people thought, anyway.
Not everyone agreed that was what he said. In its transcription of the debate, the Associated Press rendered it "big league", not "bigly". CNN and the Washington Post also thought they heard "big league", too.

It's not the first listeners have wondered whether Trump was using this unfamiliar word. In May the Guardian thought it heard him tell supporters: "We're going to win bigly". In June, Dictionary.com reported that he'd warned Iran was taking over Iraq "and they're taking it over bigly". In June 2015 the New York Daily News quoted him saying Obamacare was about to kick in "really bigly".

Lots of those who heard "bigly" for the first time last night assumed it had been a neologism invented by the GOP candidate, much as former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin once urged Muslims to "refudiate" plans for a mosque in lower Manhattan.

But they were wrong. "It's a word," says Fiona McPherson, a senior editor with the Oxford English Dictionary.

"Bigly" can mean "with great force", she says. Thomas Hardy uses it in Far From the Madding Crowd to mean "proudly, haughtily, pompously," McPherson adds. The OED lists an adjectival definition: "Habitable, fit to dwell in; (hence) pleasant."

The US reference book company Merriam-Webster agrees that "bigly" is a word

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37483869
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:40 pm
Sorry for posting back to back, but I am reading in 538...
Clinton Won The Debate, Which Means She’s Likely To Gain In The Polls

If she doesn’t, Trump could be tough to beat.

By Nate Silver
Quote:
Democrats woke up on Monday to a spate of bad polls for Hillary Clinton, which brought Donald Trump to perhaps his closest position yet in the Electoral College. They had reason to go to bed feeling a lot better. Clinton bested Trump in the first presidential debate according to a variety of metrics, and the odds are that she’ll gain in head-to-head polls over Trump in the coming days.

Start with a CNN poll of debate-watchers, which showed that 62 percent of voters thought Clinton won the debate compared to 27 percent for Trump — a 35-point margin. That’s the third-widest margin ever in a CNN or Gallup post-debate poll, which date back to 1984. The only more lopsided outcomes were the 1992 town hall debate between Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush and Ross Perot — widely seen as a maestro performance by Clinton — and the first debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney in 2012, when the CNN poll showed a 42-point win for Romney and the horse-race polls moved in his favor in the following days.

Post-debate surveys like CNN’s aren’t always popular with poll mavens, in part because the universe of debate-watchers may not match the electorate overall. The voters in CNN’s poll were Democratic-leaning by a net of 15 percentage points, for instance, a considerably wider advantage than Democrats are likely to enjoy on Election Day.

But the CNN survey also historically correlates fairly well with movement in the post-election polls. Below, you’ll find a comparison between the perceived winner of the CNN/Gallup poll in debates since 1984, and how much the horse-race polls changed afterward. In 2012, for instance, Romney gained a net of 4.4 percentage points on Obama, although he eventually lost most of those gains. Bill Clinton, meanwhile, saw the polls swing by 4.1 points in his favor after the town hall debate of 1992.1

http://i1.wp.com/espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/silver-debate1-2-1.png?quality=90&strip=all&w=575&ssl=1

More at the source.
0 Replies

woiyo

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:41 pm
@DrewDad,
Really nothing to talk about.
You had the mannequin versus the maniac last night.
Hillary with her fake smile, I could swear I saw the hand of the puppeteer in her back while she parroted the same old tired phrases of days gone by.
Trump was well.....Trump...

I am sure each side has it's own point of view.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:45 pm
How many lies of her own did her website fact check last night? Anyone have an over/under on that?
revelette2

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:48 pm
@McGentrix,
Not really her job or Clinton supporters to do Trump's work for him. I am sure Politico will be doing it and they will probably find some stretches of truths of hers.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 01:00 pm
@DrewDad,
Hard to talk about anything when it looked like a live version of a2k without the wait for reply's. There was no real policy debate, just the same old tired subjects that popup here with what looked like the same tired answers. No substance from either side, it was about what I predicted.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:05 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I really don't know when you all are going to get it through your heads, other than Trump supporters and those who hate Hillary no matter what, no one really cares about the emails to the point where it matters of who they think is qualified to be president. All the polls show people think Hillary is more qualified to be president regardless of whether they think she told the truth on her stupid email server or not.
You presume to speak for many others. We will soon have an election that will give us an answer. Until mthen you are just whistling in the dark

revelette2 wrote:

On the question of Iraq, sure they had information at their fingertips, but it was presented to them with false and misleading information. Moreover, when they gave the authorization, they gave authorization to take it to the UN and let the inspection process play out before going to war.

Trump has made a big deal of Hillary being for the Iraq war, if he didn't, then it wouldn't be a big deal if he was for it before he was against it. It is called hypocrisy. Not only that but he keeps digging the hole bigger with the Iraq issue and the issue of Obama's birth certificate and he has never personally apologized to the President and he owes him one, publically.
Well she did vote for it as a Senator from New York and then, later. after a successful surge, and Obama's very unwise, hasty (and foolishly much advertized to those we were dealing) with mass withdrawl, and the disaster that followed that, abruptly declare she had been against it all along. ( I think that's enough to make a reasonable observer wonder about her candor and taste for accountability for her own actions.) Trump was a private citizen not in government throughout.

revelette2 wrote:

Lastly, the man is not ready to be president of the United States, he can't handle standing still for ninety minutes without fidgeting around and making immature faces like a six year old during church prayers.

That's your opinion and you have every right to it. Though I'm not persuated that fidgeting is as serious as you imply. In any event the election will tell us what others think.

You appear to be a bit agitated by all this. Are you having doubts about the outcome?
georgeob1

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:09 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

If that's the best you've got, you've got nuthin.

It's not the best I've got, and I made no such claim.. It was merely an appropriate response to your post.

Was that childish rejoinder the "best you've got"??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 27 Sep, 2016 02:14 pm
@McGentrix,
Almost every network did live as well as post-debate fact-checking on both candidates. All over my FB and twitter feeds for the last 20 or so hours.