Why Obamacare is a Failure

maporsche

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:53 pm
@Krumple,
"You've heard stories... mean nothing. Nothing about Obamacare or Trumpcare or insurance in general will fix the mess about getting the run around in healthcare.

Do you want me to tell you a different story?

I think you're right though about one thing. We need to get a public option out there. Shouldn't force anyone to go through a for-profit insurance company.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:55 pm
@Krumple,
We've been members of Kaiser Hospital since my working days, so that goes back to around the 1960's. We're lucky, because we have a Kaiser Hospital just one block from where we live.

Quote:
The average wait time to see a doctor at Kaiser Foundation Medical Grp as provided by patient reviews is 11 minutes. By comparison, the national average for a pre-vist wait time is 21 minutes.

http://www.vitals.com/group-practice/california/san-mateo/south-san-francisco/kaiser-foundation-medical-grp/#ixzz4an1G854N

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
OK Oso. You made my day. I take lisinopril. Wish you had posted this before Thursday when I saw my doctor.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:00 pm
@Krumple,
OK. Do away with that. But if someone gets sick without the ability to pay we just let them die?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:05 pm
@RABEL222,
I paid $5,000 on a $350,000 dollar bills between me and my wife last year. I think i made out ok with Obamacare and we have a home to live in that the hospitals would have owned without insurance.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:19 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
shouldn't force anyone to go through a for-profit insurance company.

That's awfully communist of you, Son.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:21 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

OK. Do away with that. But if someone gets sick without the ability to pay we just let them die?

No. We ditch Medicare and Medicaid and pay through employment. If you don't work you better have a disability or unemployment benefits or else don't get sick. Screw the leeches. If you personally want to help leeches then maybe a donation service can be established but I don't think you should force everyone to pay for the lazy or fraudulent scammers.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:22 pm
@RABEL222,
I took it for quite a while, occasionally almost fainting, but mostly not,

The time I was taken to Presbyterian, 5 days of tests, the cardiologist gave me the tilt test. No question.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:25 pm
@Krumple,
How about those who are not working? Some because of handicap or inability to work. Let them die? Not in my world.
I prefer to pay a bit more in taxes to ensure that everybody has health care.

When we were kids, we were very poor. I had surgery when I was a kid, and the county paid for it. I want the same access to the poor I had.

Our father didn't have health insurance. When he got an injury, he didn't go see a doctor, because we were too poor. This was in the late 1930s. It got infected, and he died from it.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Rabel, dear..

I had a years taking lisinopril. I'll have to think about why, and I can almost nab it, that first place went to with Bob and Diane and I had just been if they could give me an eye pressure check. No...but I suddenly had bad ramped pressure.

Being a worry wart and medicallly inclined, I bought it, though I'd never had such a high result before.

After that I was seen on our end of Albuquerque and the doc there kept notes.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:50 pm
@Krumple,
I live in a small town. No industry, none! Most of the jobs around here go for $7.50 an hour. No insurance. No tips to supplement income. So I guess that we will have a thriving funeral business right.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:52 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:59 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I have hypertension and my BP goes over 200 over 100 if I forget to take my blood pressure meds. I take something like 10 pills a day for it. I am doing OK right now but bug my doctor to let me cut back on the blasted pills. With my ageing memory I often miss my doses but thats my fault. My doctor wants me to hit 100, but I'm not so sure I want too with all my problems. One can only try to live a good life, which I have for the most part. Well enough crying, have a good day.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 09:31 pm
@RABEL222,
My wife has to remind me every day to take my Meds. 3 or 4 every day, and others two times a week. No way can I remember.
chai2

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 10:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
have you thought of setting alarms on your phone?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 10:33 pm
@chai2,
No. How do you do that? ooops; I miss calls on my phone often. I have it in in case on my belt.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I hate my cell phone. Its a smart phone therefore smarter than I am. I hate anything smarter than me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 09:02 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm the opposite; I like to be around smart people. Some of it might rub off on me. I've known many smart people. One guy in our social group was a physicist. I also knew Bob Brodsky, the rocket scientist and his wife Patti.
It still hasn't, but I'm a patient guy.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 09:10 pm
After fainting badly from Lisinopril several times, ending up five days in the hospital for tests, it did turn out to be due to the pills. I then was sent to a cardiologist who got me over to some different bp pills, and I did much better, always watching my pressure. Eventually my regular doctor decided I might not need them anymore, and we weaned me slowly from 3 a day to 2, then 1 and then with days off inbetween, still taking the pressure - and it worked. My pressure is fine now. Just took it - 118/65. I'm not entirely sure I needed pills in the first place, since when I lived in northern California, my pressure was mostly fine. It was that one visit to my friends' doctor's office when I had just moved to the Albuquerque area and having my pressure taken there (185) that sent me off into years of Lisinopril.

Now I wonder if that was some one time artifact. Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, I'm now been off bp pills for about two years ...
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 10:48 pm
Well, I hope the GOP gets its original replacement plan though.

It honestly doesn't sound that bad.

Hopefully, they won't have to compromise with the conservatives in the party.