snood

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 08:22 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Would you really like more videos? Do you really not remember the PUMAs? Things were pretty nasty in 2008, complete with racial overtones.

Bernie supporters are pretty tame compared to Hillary supporters in 2008. Hillary supporters want to exaggerate so they can shut progressive values from the convention.

Making up stories about Bernie supporters throwing chairs is pretty sleazy.

Kind of a leap there - no reason to think Hillary supporters want to "shut progressive values from the convention". Except maybe some bogeyman/straw man made up Hillary supporters who are out there trying to destroy Bernie. No Hillary supporters I know of would have any interest in doing such a thing.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:37 am
@snood,
How do you explain the Dirty Tricks by Hillary supporters on Able2Know and on Democratic blogs like DailyKos?

After Nevada, Hillary supporters claimed that "Bernie Bros" were throwing chairs... a completely false claim. They are angling to discredit Bernie and his supporters to shut them out of of discussion in the party.

And then there is the "Bernie and his supporters aren't true Democrats" trope.

The attacks on Bernie supporters will continue until Unity ensues. If you think about this, it doesn't make sense.
maporsche

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:45 am
@maxdancona,
How do we explain what??

What dirty tricks??

News media (the big ones) were saying people were throwing chairs. I saw a video where there was at least a chair lifted over a guy's head (I wasn't paying much attention to see if he threw it or not).

I've been called a DINO at least 10 times over the last few months. Been told many times that I'm not part of the democratic party (despite voting for them the last 9 national elections). I'm the one who feels pushed out my the party somewhat right now.

Max, you often like to play the victim on this forum, but this stuff just sounds weak.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
"Bernie and his supporters aren't true Democrats"

Personally, I haven't seen anything regarding Bernie's supporters not being true Democrats.

I think Bernie's a democrat, but not a Democrat. He only registered as a Democrat recently, and only in order to join the presidential race.

I wouldn't necessarily weep for the demise of the Democratic party, but I have to acknowledge that Bernie's complaints about "establishment Democrats" rings pretty hollow. If you want to play baseball, then follow the rules of baseball. If you want to be the Democratic nominee, then follow the rules of the Democrats and stop whining.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:48 am
@maporsche,
News media reported it because Hillary supporters (including the well-connected establishment Hillary supporters) wanted it to be true. It was a successful trick to make Bernie supporters look bad.

There were no chairs thrown by the Bernie supporters who were legitimately angry by the rigged process they faced.

Here is the Snopes debunking.

http://www.snopes.com/did-sanders-supporters-throw-chairs-at-nevada-democratic-convention/
maporsche

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:49 am
@maxdancona,
Were those death threats made up too Max? Just curious.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:50 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
If you want to be the Democratic nominee, then follow the rules of the Democrats and stop whining.

I don't see any whining from the Bernie side who is following the rules. Ironically I do see whining from the Hillary side about Bernie staying in, and lately about Bernie's appeal to superdelegates.
maporsche

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:51 am
@maxdancona,
That guy really wanted to throw that chair though; see the people around him holding his arm down.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:52 am
@maxdancona,
Are you missing the CONSTANT calls from Bernie about how the process is rigged? Read his statement about the Nevada incident if you want a recent example of his whining about the rules of the game.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:53 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Were those death threats made up too Max? Just curious.

They were exaggerated. And the death threats (also documented) from Hillary supporters aren't being reported.
maporsche

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:56 am
@maxdancona,
Oh....exaggerated.

I see. Every thing that could be perceived as wrong doing by Bernie supporters is overblown and exaggerated (even screen shot text messages, phone calls, forum posts, and tweets).

I guess the Las Vegas police (and maybe the FBI) investigating the threats are paid Clinton supporters.

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-nevada-death-threats-lange-democrats-las-vegas-police-461342
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 12:13 pm
http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE2LzA1LzA4L2RiL1NjcmVlbl9TaG90LjljNzJiLnBuZwpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/92d0faa2/d39/Screen_Shot_2016-05-08_at_11.34.20_AM.jpg
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 12:18 pm
Sanders Campaign Requests Kentucky Vote Recanvass

Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign requested a recanvass in Kentucky's presidential primary Tuesday, where he trails Hillary Clinton by less than one-half of 1 percent of the vote.

The Sanders campaign said it has asked the Kentucky secretary of state to have election officials review electronic voting machines and absentee ballots from last week's primary in each of the state's 120 counties.

Sanders signed a letter Tuesday morning requesting a full and complete check and recanvass of the election results in Kentucky.

"He's in this until every last vote is counted and he's fighting for every last delegate," said Sanders' spokesman Michael Briggs.

The office of Kentucky's secretary of state said Tuesday that they will begin the process on Thursday.

Clinton holds 1,924-vote lead over Sanders out of 454,573 votes cast. The Associated Press had not called the race, despite Clinton's slight lead, in the event that Sanders might ask to recanvass the vote.

A recanvass is not a recount but a review of the voting totals. It is unlikely to affect the final outcome but could affect the awarding of a single delegate still up for grabs.

The Clinton campaign said Tuesday it have no plans to contest the recanvass.

Sanders has vowed to amass as many delegates as possible in his lengthy primary fight against Clinton, where he trails the former secretary of state by 271 pledged delegates according to a count by The Associated Press. Clinton holds a substantial lead with party leaders and elected officials, called superdelegates, and is on track to clinch the nomination through the combination of pledged delegates and superdelegates after contests on June 7.

Sanders can ask a judge to order a recount or an examination of individual ballots but his campaign would have to pay for it. The deadline to request a recanvass is Tuesday at 4 p.m.

Clinton and Sanders both picked up 27 delegates in Kentucky and one remaining delegate will be allocated in the sixth congressional district, which includes Frankfort and Lexington. The delegate will be awarded based on final vote tallies and Clinton currently leads Sanders by a slim margin of about 500 votes in that district.

The recanvass is conducted by the state at no cost to the campaign.

A tip in the statewide vote in Sanders' favor would not guarantee him that last delegate. But if a recanvass were to determine he actually received more votes than Clinton in the sixth congressional district, Sanders could earn the last remaining delegate that Clinton would otherwise receive.

Earlier this year, Sanders could have pressed for a review of voting results in the leadoff Iowa caucuses and in Missouri's primary. He narrowly lost both contests. But in those cases he chose not to contest the results but pursue delegates later in the process.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 12:55 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Oh....exaggerated.

I see. Every thing that could be perceived as wrong doing by Bernie supporters is overblown and exaggerated (even screen shot text messages, phone calls, forum posts, and tweets).

I guess the Las Vegas police (and maybe the FBI) investigating the threats are paid Clinton supporters.

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-nevada-death-threats-lange-democrats-las-vegas-police-461342

That's funny from a Hillary supporter, Maporsche. I think your confirmation bias is showing..

Do you really think that the fact that the FBI is investigating something is evidence of wrongdoing? Or is it just possible that someone might report something to the FBI, knowing there will be an investigation, to support an ongoing political narrative.

(Poor poor Barbara Boxer. She feared for her life, she did... the poor soul.)

I know political dirty tricks when I see them.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 01:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Do you think that said FBI investigation would be going on for more than a year if it was merely a political dirty trick?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 01:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Do you think that said FBI investigation would be going on for more than a year if it was merely a political dirty trick?

I will let MaPorsche answer that one. I was talking about the Nevada alleged "death threats" investigation which happened a little more than a week ago.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Fair enough. MaPorsche?
revelette2

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
The threats made to Lange were published online for all to see, the ones made to Boxer we were not privy to. Death threats are not to be taken lightly.
maporsche

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 01:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There's another thread for that where we can discuss further, but in general, I don't think Clinton did anything illegal in the email scandal thing.

Am I surprised that an investigation of a government official, over 30,000 emails and exchanges with thousands of government employees directly tied to security and national secrecy is taking a long time? No, I'm not at all. This report when it's released will be one of the most politicized things ever published and it is critical that everything enclosed in the publication is bulletproof. This takes time.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 01:35 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

The threats made to Lange were published online for all to see, the ones made to Boxer we were not privy to. Death threats are not to be taken lightly.

Roberta Lange, Barbara Boxer and the rest of the Democratic establishment is making hay with these "death threats". They are using them to their full advantage.Of course they published these "death threats" online for all to see... in addition to claims that chairs were thrown.

Have you ever wondered why you haven't heard about any "death threats" against Bernie or his supporters?

They are playing a cynical game.
0 Replies