As far as crime goes, in the six years before Bill Clinton became president, murders rose 18%. By the end of Bill Clinton's two terms, murders had declined 15%-despite the population rising.
More jobs, higher pay, peace in Europe with Russia's power limited to their borders, international respect at the highest level. Cheering crowds worldwide.
What do you people WANT from this guy?
Anyone can cherry pick economic or crime statistics to make people or causes look good. You credit the crime rate to Bill Clinton, the NRA credits it to the elimination of gun laws.
I judge Bill Clinton by what he did
(not by random statistics). In my opinion his administration set back progressive causes by decades.
1) Bill Clinton's crime law had provisions like "three strikes" that are directly responsible for the incarceration rate and the damage done to minority communities as a result.
2) Bill Clinton was accused of several credible accusations of sexual harrassment from multiple women and one believable accusation of rape. There is a real hypocrisy here from people who support the current "#MeToo" movement.
3) Bill Clinton pushed through the Welfare Bill that saved money... and hurt people. People who needed social services, including the mentally ill, were refused them.
Bill Clinton sold Republican ideas to progressives... and somehow the progressives ate them up.
What did I want from him?
- Progressive policies that built up the social safety net.
- Law enforcement policies that support communities rather than demonizing them.
- Keeping his pants on in the Oval Office and not lying under oath.