Rising fascism in the US

Lash

Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:56 pm
@Krumple,
Curtsies in appreciation.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 07:53 am
https://www.syracuseculturalworkers.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_detail/public/images/products/posters/p590fascism.jpg?itok=TjtJb7eP

Most people here will run through these categories citing Trump, based on his overt language. This is important, but it's rhetoric--so far.

Others can see frightening and real changes in American life that have strengthened due to decisions by the neoliberal Democrats elites and their MSM and Wall Street cronies. This is bewildering and enraging--at least to me and most of the people who coalesced around Bernie Sanders.

Something to think about.

Thomas33

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 09:14 am
@Lash,
I just read the list, and you know what, it seems to me that the US could become a fascist state.
Lash

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 09:27 am
@Thomas33,
LOL. (puts pamphlets in briefcase, sweeps up, walks away)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 12:37 pm
@Lash,
Who decided these things are "early signs of fascism"? They also seem to be the early signs of a Democratic Republic with 300+ million people of mixed race and opinions.
Lash

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 02:09 pm
@McGentrix,
Jesus Christ, I'm a little horrified to hear you say that.
McGentrix

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 08:08 pm
@Lash,
Why? Your list is foolish.
Lash

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 08:56 pm
@McGentrix,
I'm hoping a little detail may clear the list up for you.

http://www.rense.com/general37/fascism.htm
Fil Albuquerque

Sun 13 Nov, 2016 10:16 pm
Before one invokes fascism one should invoke nationalism, and before that, nativism, and even further behind, agoraphobia, of course you should keep reversing the train of cause till you reach stupidity which is the actual cause.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 14 Nov, 2016 08:19 am
@Lash,
Sounds exactly like the Obama Administration. Good thing Trump will herald back free enterprise.
Lash

Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:10 am
@McGentrix,
My point exactly. Obama opened the floodgates to increased surveillance; the collusion between the media outlets and the Clinton campaign was outrageous; and **** individuals if their interests are contrary to Wall Street, oil pipelines etc.

Hillary was poised to push through the TPP, a global legal morass that further reduced human rights and catapulted corporate rights over individuals.

These neoliberal fascist facts stoked the progressive push back against Hillary.

Trump says shitty stuff about minorities, but the Dems were actively accomplishing anti democratic goals.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 27 Nov, 2016 04:43 am
We have turned a page in America. Many "fake news" stories were written by CNN and other MSM, but as I effing suspected when charges of fake news began making headlines, here we are with blatant, shadowy entities trying to control what we read.

THIS is why we should all protect the right for all viewpoints to be heard.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/

Return to McCarthyism.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 27 Nov, 2016 04:49 am
Breitbart covers an investigative segment done by NPR. I heard the segment yesterday.

The king of fake news is a Democrat trying to make conservatives look bad. Surprised? I'm not. I wasn't surprised to find out several pro-Trump hate crimes were fabricated or faked by distraught Hillary-supporters either.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/24/npr-finds-fake-news-company-run-liberal-democrat/
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 29 Nov, 2016 05:41 am
This narrative attempts to normalize attack and verbal lynching of people who reject the PC and policies of the American MSM/Dem establishment party.

Brimming McCarthyism.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/use-alt-right-or-white-nationalism-associated-press-231889
old europe

Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:04 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
This narrative attempts to normalize attack and verbal lynching of people who reject the PC and policies of the American MSM/Dem establishment party.

How so?
Walter Hinteler

Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:42 pm
@old europe,
Now, that's a pleasant comeback Wink
roger

Tue 29 Nov, 2016 01:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Boy, I'll say! Welcome back, old europe.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 07:33 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Quote:

How so?

This is the excerpt that got my attention--John Daniszewski, vice president for Standards at the Associated Press writing instructions for reporters. The term he refers to, 'alt-right':

"Avoid using the term generically and without definition, however, because it is not well known and the term may exist primarily as a public-relations device to make its supporters’ actual beliefs less clear and more acceptable to a broader audience," Daniszewski wrote. "In the past we have called such beliefs racist, neo-Nazi or white supremacist."

(Lash: Rather than reporting names, quotes, and facts, he is giving reporters the freedom to accuse people of being neo-Nazis based on their political opinions or words or phrases they may use associated with what is now being called the alt-right. A public witch hunt with these dirty accusations has been authorized by this man)

Daniszewski said that when writing about extreme groups, journalists should be as specific as possible.

"We should not limit ourselves to letting such groups define themselves, and instead should report their actions, associations, history and positions to reveal their actual beliefs and philosophy, as well as how others see them," he wrote.

(They can be vilified and categorized as being-Nazis based on how others see them.)

-------------------------
This mindset and behavior by newspapers is McCarthy-ite behavior.
maporsche

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:06 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

old europe wrote:

Quote:

How so?

This is the excerpt that got my attention--John Daniszewski, vice president for Standards at the Associated Press writing instructions for reporters. The term he refers to, 'alt-right':

"Avoid using the term generically and without definition, however, because it is not well known and the term may exist primarily as a public-relations device to make its supporters’ actual beliefs less clear and more acceptable to a broader audience," Daniszewski wrote. "In the past we have called such beliefs racist, neo-Nazi or white supremacist."

(Lash: Rather than reporting names, quotes, and facts, he is giving reporters the freedom to accuse people of being neo-Nazis based on their political opinions or words or phrases they may use associated with what is now being called the alt-right. A public witch hunt with these dirty accusations has been authorized by this man)

Daniszewski said that when writing about extreme groups, journalists should be as specific as possible.

"We should not limit ourselves to letting such groups define themselves, and instead should report their actions, associations, history and positions to reveal their actual beliefs and philosophy, as well as how others see them," he wrote.

(They can be vilified and categorized as being-Nazis based on how others see them.)

-------------------------
This mindset and behavior by newspapers is McCarthy-ite behavior.

I think you're reading this entirely wrong.
layman

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 01:05 pm
@maporsche,
"I think you're reading this entirely wrong."

I don't. He saying that you can't let these deplorables dupe you into using euphemisms.

Call them all NAZI's, Goddammit!

That should learn em.

====

He's missing the point though. As it stands, the press is free to smear anyone they don't like by calling them "alt.right." That way they don't really have to prove they're nazi's, they can just imply it via ill-defined innuendo.

He thinks it's more derogatory to call them all "racists," etc., than just "alt.right." He's right. But he's diminishing the tools available for the end he wants to reach, i.e., discrediting those he doesn't agree with by any means possible.