32
   

Rising fascism in the US

 
 
livinglava
 
  0  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 05:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Livinglava has asked people to ponder the concept that segregation is natural and ordained by God.

He didn't go as far as saying it was, but if that's not fascist thinking I don't know what is.

I'm tired of your provocative accusations of others. I did not advocate the view that segregation is ordained by God; I suggested researching it as a historically-emergent religious belief that arose out of the transatlantic slave trade.

If you want my personal belief, it is that we are all souls in various bodies and the things we have to deal with in this world, such as racism, classism, political discrimination, and other forms of hate, fascism, violence, etc. are sins we have to deal with and forgive, like Jesus had to bear His cross and forgive His persecutors.

Segregation is wrong for the sake of separating people on the basis of ethnicity or other identity. It only makes sense for specific reasons, such as ensuring a language community has adequate density of speakers to be able to maintain the language actively, and even then it is not necessary to keep out non-speakers of the language provided they are willing to learn and practice actively within the community.

I really wish you would not make nasty assumptions about me and try to drum up conflict. It is mean-spirited and I'm going to start reporting posts where you do that.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 05:43 am
@livinglava,
You can repackage it however you want, it's still fascist and racist thinking.

That's what you are, it's what you post. You can't keep saying racist stuff and claim not to be racist.
livinglava
 
  0  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 06:19 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You can repackage it however you want, it's still fascist and racist thinking.

That's what you are, it's what you post. You can't keep saying racist stuff and claim not to be racist.

I am against racism and fascism. That is the reason I study them and discuss them.

Studying social-political problems is like a form of confession. By observing them, we gain the ability to resist them in ourselves and others.

Racism and fascism are older than humanity itself. They are strong instincts within our animal nature, which require strong consciousness and willpower to overcome.

Ayn Rand is the best critic of fascism/collectivism/socialism and describes racism in terms of biological collectivism:
Quote:

Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.
-from The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand

You accuse people of things without understanding what you're accusing them of, and so you're just a fire-starter without any potential for solving the problems you set fires about.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 06:28 am
@livinglava,
You're against racism and fascism like you're a Christian.

The sort of "Christian" who would nail Christ back up were he ever to come back.

Just because you believe your own fascist horseshit doesn't mean anyone else will.
livinglava
 
  0  
Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 09:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're against racism and fascism like you're a Christian.

The sort of "Christian" who would nail Christ back up were he ever to come back.

Just because you believe your own fascist horseshit doesn't mean anyone else will.

You claimed that because I suggested another poster investigate the religious belief that segregation was God-ordained as part of a research project on how the transatlantic slave trade resulted in mixing between Christian/Biblical beliefs and other beliefs, that I was advocating that religious view that indeed racial segregation was God-ordained.

That was just false, sloppy, and mean. You may not like or agree with my views but don't just flat out lie and say I was promoting/supporting a racist view that I was pointing out as a cultural artifact for critical study.

0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  4  
Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 11:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Obama said that segregation is natural and ordained by God and then threatened to pull money from states on several occasions?


No, that never happened, Baldy just gets a little confused from time to time.
BillW
 
  2  
Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 11:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Premeditation is not confusion.....
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  4  
Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 07:26 am
@oralloy,
Swedish Deputy Chief Prosecutor Eva-Marie Persson said today that the alleged rape investigation involving WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is currently in prison in Britain, has been discontinued after a review of the evidence.
(It is the second time Swedish prosecutors have dropped the case against Assange, having already discontinued the case in 2017.)
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 07:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Interesting. I always smelled a fish in these cases.
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:00 pm
@Olivier5,
But not the fact he is a Russian asset.
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:10 pm
@RABEL222,
He’s a whistleblower.
You respect whistleblowers, don’t you?
He’s a journalist.
You respect journalists, don’t you?

RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 08:05 pm
@Lash,
Not Russian journalists. Most of them toe the party line. Those who don't are dead.
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:28 am
@RABEL222,
What makes you say that?
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 02:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Swedish Deputy Chief Prosecutor Eva-Marie Persson said today that the alleged rape investigation involving WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is currently in prison in Britain, has been discontinued after a review of the evidence.
(It is the second time Swedish prosecutors have dropped the case against Assange, having already discontinued the case in 2017.)

"Despite her decision, Persson said in a news conference in Stockholm on Tuesday that she found the account of the alleged victim to be credible."

"The Swedish inquiry's initial phase extended from 2010 to 2017. Persson said the long delay played a role in her decision, noting the difficulty of extracting reliable accounts from witnesses after such a long delay -- particularly in a high-profile case that has been widely covered by the media."

http://www.npr.org/2019/11/19/780743412/swedish-prosecutor-ends-investigation-into-julian-assange-over-rape-claims


There's still hope that the US will bring him to justice. If not in court, the CIA could always throw him down an elevator shaft.
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2019 04:36 pm
@oralloy,
for fun eh?
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2019 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
No. For justice.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/12/2019 at 05:24:18