Did I deserve to be hit for cheating?

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:06 pm
Linearly some ppl want to make this a women man debate or a stronger to weaker abuse debate...this is not it.
Justified natural reacting with sheer repugnance to treason would put a dwarf hitting an Amazon spontaneously just the same.

Cauteously, my reaction is to not judge.
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:14 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I should get more down votes from the usual vulgar bimodal common sense think tank heard...I am getting the impression I am making a point. Please step it up a notch.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:29 pm
...if we were to have a proper grown up honest intelectual debate on the tabu at hand the very shady distinction and the limits between physical emotional and psychological violence would blur immediately. What warrants what is akin to rough geometry no Plato's classical perfect objects...
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Now you are comparing treason with infidelity. Surely you are aware of the difference.

Also, a symbol is a representation of something real, and not the actual thing. A symbolic slap would be anything but an actual slap.

And it seems that you are arbitrarily making the rules concerning relationships. That's okay. But you can't arbitrarily overrule the laws of the land that are designed to protect us from each other's anger. And that's exactly what you do if you decide to apply your own punishment based on your own ideas of what constitutes the satisfaction of your base desires.

A woman is free to leave you . . . period! You cannot visit physical pain upon her for not giving you written notice of her departure from your life. What would the world be if everyone were allowed fall to their base nature when they decided that their feelings were hurt?
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 01:53 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
What would the world be if everyone were allowed fall to their base nature when they decided that their feelings were hurt?

Don't you know ? What does the world always does when feelings are hurt among bigger institutions ? Yeah, War, and quite physical...no time out between nations. Your all talk is just sheer irrational and the funny part is that you actually think you are on target. Common sense is tricky indeed.Very Happy
Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:07 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Common decency dictates that I do not strike a woman in the face for cheating on me. The cheating is not a reflection on me, but on her. Perhaps the reason for her cheating is a reflection on me. Who knows? But violence serves nothing but your bruised ego. Your ego's version of justice is perverted.

Also, now you are attempting to equate the need for physical aggression during war with the need for physical aggression when your partner cheats on you. That is irrational, illogical, and totally lacking in common sense.

You seem to be under the impression that any analogy is the right analogy. But that's just another ego trick.
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:09 pm
@Glennn,
...no it is the same pattern just bigger but you have comprehension problems and false nuance as most common folk do...
...oh boy you are the bright kind aren't ya ?...good night Gleen have a fun life ! Wink
Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:10 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Good day . . .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:20 pm
Anyone else on the heard is up for discussing the energy efficiency nature finds in a slap or is that a bridge to far to ask for ? No more bright candidates to pull the torch ? Have we reached the dead horse end yet ?
It has been a very entertaining evening for me...the more absolutely sure people are about something I know its wrong the more fun this turns out.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 04:32 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Perhaps the reason for her cheating is a reflection on me. Who knows?
Ah, Thank you for making yourself clear.
Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 04:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
Yes, I've clearly stated my position that hurt feelings are no excuse for striking someone in the face.
Leadfoot

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 04:49 pm
@Glennn,
Glad you have never been hurt worse than a slap.

Good Day to you sir.
Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 04:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
Glad to hear you don't slap people for hurting your feelings.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 05:04 pm
@loveplease123,
loveplease123 wrote:

my boyfriend is a very CALM person. he would never ever raise a hand to anything and he is always under control. we've been together for almost 2 years now and live together so it's safe to know how well i know his personality

i cheated on him with my ex, when i was supposed to meet up for dinner with my boyfriend. and he was so mad that he bitch slapped me once and choked me for a couple of seconds. i was just wondering if i should ever forgive him for that, or should i let it go?

he is truly sorry for hitting me. my parents took my phone and read my messages and found out he slapped me and called him to threaten to call the cops but he apologized over and over again

please help

Leadfoot

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 05:13 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Glennn and most others are calling her a liar and/or delusional. He's a monster and she should run according to them.

But thanks for pointing out what she said. I take people at their word until proven otherwise.
ossobuco

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 05:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
I am getting confused. Who is her or him in this sequence of argueing.

But, whatever, you don't get to slapface a person you disagree with. Even in Los Angeles, even if the person is a lover. I get there is a level of tolerance, do not like it.
Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:19 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Glennn and most others are calling her a liar and/or delusional.

Perhaps you might point out where I have called the OP a liar. Otherwise, you will be the liar.
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Otherwise it is, then.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
I understand there is play about all this, re slapping and so on, but on the ordinary vein, real slaps are bad news.
Glennn

Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes. Slaps that are the result of anger are bad news. And anyone who would defend that kind of loss of emotional control is part of the problem.