what are mi rights, can i say i live in an apartment i never moved in but am in the lease

kikis73

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 06:50 pm
2 years ago my boyfriend and i decided to live together. he is living for 3 yrs in transition living and is been kicked out. no credit and money on his behalf ( i find out because we get denied some nice places when we look for a lease, the he told me )r. we rent an single .he lost his job he didn't let me know because we were signing lease. find out later. for that i didn't moved in, just in case. so i paided 6 months rent on my own he is living in there and me not so. finally he gets a job and he will pay rent. since then we get to the month to month lease and finally i decided to move in two weeks ago ( am not in yet ,i just told him am moving in)
happen we had an ugly argument. I trashed some of his clothes. he changed the lock. police came, told him i have the right to be there since am in the co tenant contract.
today i went and he didn't want me let in but i manage to do so. (while i was getting in my finger got in the door, he saw that and he did it put more force to hurt me.)and he trow all my belogings on the floor and ask me to leave.
He argues that i dont live there, have no rights and don't pay bills there.
now just when i was moving in. and he almost break my fingers with the door.

sooo. do i live there or not? do i have rights? can i call it home for legal purpose just in case , cuz now happend that i have to file a incident police report.

jespah

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 08:04 pm
@kikis73,
Call the cops and tell them what happened. Then call the landlord and tell him you've been paying the rent. If you used a credit card or checks, the record is there that it was you paying. Tell the landlord your ex (I really hope you don't want to go back to this creep) is a deadbeat and should be evicted.
kikis73

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 10:25 pm
@jespah,
the landlord dont want to get involved. he said that he just want his money. sure he said i cannot get evicted by him. unless he didnt get rent from us. he had paid rent by himself for a year and a half although receipts are on my name cuz i only have receips from the first year.
i filed and incident repot to the police. where i stated " that everthing was an accident and the fingers accident was left out. cuz THAT WILL BE a criminal act and for that an actual police report followed by his citation and some jail time....well....there is were I got scare... " jail time" !!!... i still have to see the guy to pick my clothes and we need to see how we are going to split or finish the contract lease..
sincerly i have no my mind in here...!! i .. just.. can't think...!
jespah

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 08:12 am
@kikis73,
Don't protect this asshole from jail time. Tell the cops everything.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 09:59 pm
Leave this man alone. Tell the landlord to remove your name from the lease. Your ex will pay the rent or not. It is up to him now.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » what are mi rights, can i say i live in an apartment i never moved in but am in the lease
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:30:27