Rousey says she beat up her ex

vikorr

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 12:26 am

Quote:
Rousey says she beat up her ex, so should we be outraged?

It's a troubling scene: an intimate partner is slapped across the face, punched twice, kneed in the head, and thrown onto the floor. This is the kind of behavior we are all looking to amend, in a new era of domestic violence awareness.

And yet rather few people reacted to this particular situation, even though it was described in the autobiography of one of the biggest stars in sports.

Ronda Rousey wrote in "My Fight, Your Fight" that she slapped her boyfriend across the face "so hard my hand hurt," "punched him in the face with a straight right, then a left hook," and then "grabbed him by the neck of his hoodie, kneed him in the face" and threw him onto the kitchen floor.

The boyfriend, "Snappers McCreepy" as Rousey calls him, was purportedly found to have taken nude photos of her. She grew incensed, as almost anyone would, and reacted with force.

"I'm not comfortable with her behavior," said Kim Pentico of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. "What I am absolutely not willing to say is she's committed domestic violence without speaking with him and learning more about that relationship."

There is no established pattern, so by the Justice Department definition there is not proof of domestic violence. But that raises other questions about how our society approaches domestic violence.

Don't really know about New South Wales, Australia, legislation (State where news article is from) but in my State (Queensland) that sort of admission - the actions, were they to happen here, are quite clear cut domestic violence.

Even if it is up to whichever State in the US she lives in, if the report is accurate about the lack of outrage - that aspect is a fascinating reflection on society.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,507 • Replies: 0
No top replies