I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 07:40 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Yes. I'd like to see. It doesn't sound like me. I'll definitely apologize if I'm wrong.

Actually it was exactly in character for you. And your apology would mean nothing to me, so if I take the time to search and prove you said it, it won't be for the chance to see you admit you're wrong. You're so wrong so often that it wouldn't make a dent. I may take the time to find it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers it, but somehow it's not surprising that it just slips your mind.
snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 07:46 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Never wrestle with a pig....

Yeah, I know. And with some pigs you don't just get a mud stain that washes off easily.
Maybe I'll learn to stay out of the sty.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 07:51 am
@snood,
I thought so. You made it up.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 07:57 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Until you're ready to stop playing word games and "who, me? did I do that?" you're not really worth engaging.

Then stop trying. You're not doing a very good job of it anyway.
joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:02 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Incorrect. I knew Ira Magaziner was covered in the same profile.

You mean President Ira Magaziner?

Look, my point is pretty simple: one doesn't go from a Life Magazine profile in 1969 to the presidency in a single bound. I doubt many people in, say, 2000 remembered Clinton from that article. Indeed, I doubt many people in 1969 remembered Clinton from that article - Life, after all, was on its last legs at that point (it ceased publication in 1972). In short, getting profiled in Life nearly fifty years ago didn't clinch the 2016 Democratic nomination for Clinton. Without that profile, her life would have pretty much turned out the same. Without her marriage to Bill Clinton, however, it's unlikely she'd be in the position she finds herself in today.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:03 am
@joefromchicago,
Even your insults lack weight.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:07 am
@joefromchicago,
Again, you're argument boils down to "if she hadn't made the choices she made, she wouldn't be where she is today."

But she did make the choices she made, and she is where she is, and none of what you've said indicates why she's not qualified to be President.

Does luck affect our lives? Sure. Does having made the most of opportunities disqualify someone from being President? If so, it pretty much disqualifies anyone who's ever ran, including Bernie Sanders, and your argument disappears up its own rectum.
joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:12 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Even your insults lack weight.

Now you're an expert on insults? I think you overestimate your competence in that area as well.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:19 am
@joefromchicago,
If you're going to take your rhetorical style for Trump, you need to work on your delivery.
snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:21 am
Joefromchicago's opinion that Hillary is unqualified to be president is patently ridiculous. About as valid as saying Obama is not a legitimate president. And coming out of the same kind of disingenuous, biased "thinking". I submit it should be discarded as empty noise.
joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:22 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
none of what you've said indicates why she's not qualified to be President.

I'll type this slowly so you can follow: I never argued that Hillary's marriage to Bill made her unqualified for the office of president. That was your mischaracterization of my argument, and I certainly can't be expected to defend a distortion of my position. Instead, I simply responded to engineer's claim that she got to where she is today on her own. Being married to Bill doesn't disqualify her, but it definitely explains why she's the presumptive Democratic nominee. She's unqualified for the presidency for entirely different reasons.
snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:23 am
@joefromchicago,
Type slow for me too. What reasons are those?
revelette2

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:23 am
@joefromchicago,
I don't really think Hillary's early work in itself would have made her so known as she is today. However I do think she had the drive in her from her earliest times from what I read of her and I think she would have became a senator without Bill Clinton and from there, it is entirely possible she could have made a name for herself to become known to run for president. I also think Bill Clinton would have run for governor and the president without Hillary Clinton and possibly would have eventually (from what I read, he doesn't give up on the first go around) would have succeeded. It is just the two of them together are a powerhouse. My take on this end of the issue anyway.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:24 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

About as valid as saying Obama is not a legitimate president.

Please explain.
revelette2

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:25 am
@snood,
He has said from the beginning the Iraq war vote disqualified her. I don't remember him saying the same when Kerry ran, but I could be wrong.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:30 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

snood wrote:

About as valid as saying Obama is not a legitimate president.

Please explain.

I'll type slow Very Happy .
Many Obama detractors said he wasn't a legitimate candidate and later president because his birth and even his education wasn't properly documented. An argument based on easily discounted falsehoods. You're saying that Hillary's resume doesn't qualify her for president. An argument based on an easily discounted falsehood. For someone being honest, even a half- hearted examination of her education and job history would do the trick. for
joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:33 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

If you're going to take your rhetorical style for Trump, you need to work on your delivery.

For someone who thinks engaging me in discussion is pointless, you seem to be doing that a lot. I'm at a loss to explain it. I must have hurt you deeply at some point. Was it the "blow it out your ass, DrewDad" remark? Yes, I know that must have stung, but that can't be it. You've mentioned several times how much I've disappointed you lately. I didn't realize the depth of your admiration for me. I'm sure you understand how difficult it is at times to be a role model for America's youth, and I hope that you can overcome your disappointment some day. I suggest taking up a hobby to distract yourself. Perhaps you can go fly a kite.
snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:35 am
@joefromchicago,
So the only reason you can think of for DrewDad engaging you is because you must have hurt his feelings? That's kind of sad. For you.
joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:36 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I'll type slow Very Happy .

Type faster. You might make more sense.

snood wrote:
Many Obama detractors said he wasn't a legitimate candidate and later president because his birth and even his education wasn't properly documented. An argument based on easily discounted falsehoods. You're saying that Hillary's resume doesn't qualify her for president. An argument based on an easily discounted falsehood. For someone being honest, even a half- hearted examination of her education and job history would do the trick. for

How is Clinton's vote in favor of the Iraq War resolution a falsehood? Do you mean she didn't do that? That's news to me. And it would be news to Clinton too, I dare say.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:39 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

So the only reason you can think of for DrewDad engaging you is because you must have hurt his feelings? That's kind of sad. For you.

I await a better explanation.