I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:41 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Type slow for me too. What reasons are those?

I refer you to the first post in this thread.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:49 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
I await a better explanation.

Everyone needs a hobby.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 08:50 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

For someone who thinks engaging me in discussion is pointless, you seem to be doing that a lot. I'm at a loss to explain it. I must have hurt you deeply at some point. Was it the "blow it out your ass, DrewDad" remark? Yes, I know that must have stung, but that can't be it. You've mentioned several times how much I've disappointed you lately. I didn't realize the depth of your admiration for me. I'm sure you understand how difficult it is at times to be a role model for America's youth, and I hope that you can overcome your disappointment some day. I suggest taking up a hobby to distract yourself. Perhaps you can go fly a kite.

U mad, bro?
joefromchicago

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:11 am
@DrewDad,
I could never be mad at you, li'l buddy.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:19 am
@joefromchicago,
You know you are making a claim which is entirely illogical because it impossible to know. I think she would have became known even without being first lady to Bill Clinton, perhaps not so famous, but she would became known just as much as anyone other prominent congressmen/woman or Senator is today. I base that assumption based on the book I read of her and through a couple of researches of her through the internet. You on the other hand base your assumption on an entirely unknown element.

Moreover, I want to know if you felt Kerry was unqualified to run in 2004 for the same reason as you think Hillary is unqualified to run. Both of them voted for the Iraq process and authority to go to war if the process showed a reason for it.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:21 am
@snood,
This doesn't make sense. Joe has been clear about the specific reasons he feels Hillary is not qualified to be president, if Hillary's vote for war in Iraq doesn't disqualify her for presidency to you that is your prerogative but it is entirely logically consistent for someone else to hold this position and no it does not mean that Obama too is unqualified as Obama did not make the same bad choices.
Robert Gentel

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:27 am
@DrewDad,
You aren't correcting anyone, you are just demonstrating intolerance of someone having a different opinion than yourself.

It's ridiculous that you guys here can't accept that another adult might have a different opinion of Hillary. As if everyone must think the way you do or be wrong. This is a subjective matter about which reasonable people can differ and it is entirely unreasonable to act like there is one true "correct" position here.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:32 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel does not have a sense of humor that he's aware of... Very Happy
Robert Gentel

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:36 am
@DrewDad,
Nonsense, I have a ripping good sense of humor, you just aren't funny here. You guys are acting like kids who think everyone must like the same things.

I do not agree with Joe that this disqualifies Hillary for presidency, though I share the same dim view of her poor judgement on military intervention. It is because the alternatives to her are not much better in this regard. But if Joe says he can't vote for Hillary due to those decisions it makes little sense to act like this is wrong, it is his opinion and he's entitled to it, and Hillary supporters being reflexively intolerant of this position is not going to convince anyone otherwise.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:40 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
You guys are acting like kids who think everyone must like the same things.

Nonsense, indeed.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:45 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
I share the same dim view of her poor judgement on military intervention.

I actually strongly agree with both of you on this point.

Robert Gentel wrote:
if Joe says he can't vote for Hillary due to those decisions it makes little sense to act like this is wrong, it is his opinion and he's entitled to it,

I agree with that, as well.

Robert Gentel wrote:
and Hillary supporters being reflexively intolerant of this position is not going to convince anyone otherwise.

That's not the position we're discussing, at this point. Perhaps you should catch up on the thread before you go around getting all white-knightish?

Sturgis

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:46 am
@DrewDad,
Is it really?

Look through the posts and see the behaviors.

Hell, look at the person who placed me on ignore for disagreeing with him twice, even as I gave reasons for my views. If that isn't childish in your view then what is?
Robert Gentel

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:50 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Perhaps you should catch up on the thread before you go around getting all white-knightish?

I am caught up on the thread. You guys keep ignoring Joe's actual position to continue to argue that he is wrong to hold his opinion. And trying to portray my disagreement with you as "white-knighting" is just more childish behavior from another Hillary last-worder to dismiss criticism of you out of hand.
DrewDad

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:51 am
@Robert Gentel,
Rolling Eyes
Robert Gentel

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:52 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You argue like kids in high school, just sarky insults, vapid put downs and mindless downvoting of those you disagree with. Grow up.
Blickers

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:53 am
@Sturgis,
How do you know if someone has placed you Ignore? Is there some indication on the screen somewhere?
Sturgis

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:58 am
@Blickers,
They informed the board in a post.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:07 am
@Robert Gentel,
Kerry did, did Joe or anyone else who thinks the Iraq war vote is disqualifying think the same when Kerry ran in 2004? If not, why not?
Robert Gentel

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:09 am
@revelette2,
Why are you asking me? I don't know if Joe thinks Kerry was disqualified or not, you already asked him and he can answer for himself if he chooses. And I'm not someone who has said I think this disqualifies Hillary (I just think Hillary last-worders here are being obnoxious, I do not share Joe's position) but if you want my opinion Kerry's vote on Iraq was just as inexcusable as hers to me, but he has much less of a track record of hawkish positions than Hillary.

In any case I think Hillary would be a serviceable president, even though I hold a dim view of her militarism. I am not someone arguing that this disqualifies her.
revelette2

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:22 am
@Robert Gentel,
I asked you because in the post I responded to you seemed to agree. Now I understand you to say you do not agree the Iraq war vote in and of itself is not disqualifying?

What you consider last worders (people come up with new labels everyday) might just be defenders of Hillary and/or our own beliefs.

Personally I have accepted Edgar stance on this issue as he explained he is against little steps (my way of putting it) as he sees as giving up too much for too little and he sees Hillary as an example of that in spades plus more issues of which I disagree. But I have moved on with him. However, Joe is just now participating more now and pushing two ideas which are worthy of debate.