I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

ehBeth

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:15 pm
@ossobuco,
People often have difficulty telling me and JoefromChicago apart.

It must be because we both listen to music and uhhhh can translate German/English.

Wait.

Does this mean I'm also Walter Hinteler?
ossobuco

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:19 pm
@ehBeth,
I truly doubt you are Walter, but I'm possibly just stupid again.
ehBeth

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
If Joe can be a Canajun, why can't I be Walter?
ossobuco

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Gender, dearie.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 06:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I have met Walter and Ulla, and I can assure you that you are not Walter. Maybe a trace of Ulla.
roger

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 07:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Walter might still be Canadian, though. He seemed to have extreme problems understanding my German. In fact, he laughed.
cicerone imposter

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 07:57 pm
@roger,
Now that you mention it, when Walter was in California, I also had difficulty understanding his German.
edgarblythe

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 08:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When Walter uses German, I don't understand a word, either.
cicerone imposter

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 08:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
You do realize that that was a poor example of a joke.
edgarblythe

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 08:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was joking also. The fact it was not funny is beside the point. Smile
roger

Thu 21 Jan, 2016 08:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Except shaggy dog stories. They're never funny, and never have a point.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 12:09 pm
Alas, I have never enjoyed the advantages of being a Canadian citizen. Unlike a certain Republican presidential candidate, had I been given that inestimable boon at birth, I would not have so easily thrown it away.
cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 12:13 pm
@joefromchicago,
Joe, Didn't know you were a Canuk. When are you going to visit us on the West Coast? I'm not getting any younger, and I want to show you around.
cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 12:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think this speaks volumes about Hillary Clinton.
Quote:
For a self-styled policy nerd who has been in the limelight for more than two decades, her views on the dominant economic issues remain relatively vague. Over the next year, she will need to define whether she’s a Wall Street Democrat or has moved closer to the populist views of Senator Elizabeth Warren. What does she think about tougher regulation of big banks or redistributive tax reform?
Foofie

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I would add her opposition to single payer health care to the list of reasons not to vote for Hillary, and her past opposition to same sex marriage.

I live in Massachusetts, so saying I won't vote for Hillary in the general election doesn't mean very much (since the Democratic candidate automatically gets our delegates).

I have already sent Bernie Sanders more money than I can afford.

I think I have developed a reason to just not vote. Basically by voting I am empowering those that would vote, against anyone I voted for, to think that they are truly my peer by just being an American. In other words, by not voting, the other party's voters can enjoy their victory without my thinking it truly reflects schadenfreude for what would have been my vote. Naturally, they would not know, but it is just my personal feeling to not give the opposition "the right time of day," so to speak. It is also my right to snub the election. Sort of like avoiding venues where one doesn't like the patrons.
roger

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 05:22 pm
@Foofie,
Actually, by not voting, you are empowering those of us who do.
georgeob1

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 06:05 pm
I'm beginning to feel some sympathy for the Clintons - they're getting it from all sides. Evidently Joe faults them (or Hillary at least) for being too middle of the road in their central tendencies, as well as being excessively opportunistic and perhaps manipulative along the way. These are fairly common failings among politicians, particularly those who have long experience in the exercise of political power (including Bill Daley for example). That said, it would be very hard to accuse either Hillary or Bill of being too moderate in those areas.

Meanwhile the Republicans fault them for the Bengazi fiasco & coverup; corruption and influence peddling in relation to paid speeches and the Clinton Foundation; and lately a still-unfolding e mail security problem - all in a context of habitual Clintonian fibbing..

Where will it all lead??

Barring an implosion of Clinton support, which could happen quickly, depending on what unfolds, I don't see Bernie winning the Democrat nomination even if, as appears likely, he wins in New Hampshire and even Iowa.

Indeed, I increasingly find it difficult to see any of the leading candidates in either party as winners in a Presidential election, however implausible that conjunction may be.
maxdancona

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 06:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing.
roger

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 06:55 pm
@maxdancona,
I think I was unclear, then. Foofie staying home and Roger voting doesn't sound bad to me.
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 12:16 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

O.K. However, it is none of my business who is empowered by my not voting, and I have no comment on those who vote.