I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Mar, 2016 07:06 pm
@Blickers,
The republicans have tried over 50 times to overturn Obamacare knowing full well it's not going to be successful. They should all be replaced with adults.
Ragman

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
The fact that Repugs keep attempting to obstruct the law of the land is more proof they have no interest in performing any positive constructive form of governing. Furthermore, the more time they waste there, the less useful legislation that will get discussed and passed ...going forward. To say the least, they are morally and ethically bankrupt.

We are all being held hostage to this years long temper tantrum.
cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:59 am
@Ragman,
Why do they continue to be reelected? They're useless dung.
Ragman

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 10:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Sad to say, it's because an even more useless dung keep going to the polls and using the sole criteria to vote using the most 'familiar' names rather than using any rational criteria such as qualifications like performance..or even regular attendance.
oristarA

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 10:56 am
@Ragman,
So you're a democrat, Ragman?
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 10:59 am
@Ragman,
I don't know that I would call the voters dung, but I think you have something with name recognition, added to the fact that Democratic voters only show up every four years during Presidential elections. This gives the Republicans a huge advantage in the non-Presidential midterm elections, which results in more new GOP Representatives and Senators getting elected for the first time during those midterms, and then they have the name recognition thing going for them when they run the second time during a Presidential year when the Democrats do turn out.
cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 12:31 pm
@Blickers,
I agree that name recognition is important in elections. Also the ignorance of the voters. Bigotry seems rampant.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 04:37 pm
I will not hold hostage the past views of Hillary Clinton. Not on gay marriage, or Dont ask dont tell, or even the 3 strikes law or approval for Iraq war. That she recognizes those as abysmal failures, even tho her hubby was responsible for some of them, shows she is human. None of us may get it right the first time, but u like the GOP, she is willing to embrace her mistakes and shifts
in thought, to promote a better future. Because she has known failure, I believe she is qualified to foresee what her decisions mean. Remember, no President is perfect.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 04:54 pm
@Blickers,
I agree that democrats continue to shoot themselves in the foot when they don't show up to vote in mid-term elections. Yes I am a democrat. It really frustrates me that the democrats are permitting the republicans to do better than the republicans otherwise would have in mid-term elections. The mid-term elections are just as important as the presidential elections. There are some instances where the mid-term elections are more important than presidential elections.

I don't know. I know it would never ever happen, but I wish there was a constitutional amendment making it mandatory for everyone to vote every election. Obviously that could never pass constitutional mustard. Every single federal judge as well as the Supreme Court would rule it unconstitutional before the ink even had a chance to dry. I'm not naïve. I know such a law would clearly be unconstitutional. It's just wishful thinking on my part. I just wish democrats would get off their asses and vote in every election, not just presidential election. I just had to vent out my frustration. I feel better now.
Blickers

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:05 pm
@Real Music,
The Republican vote is skewed toward older white people, and older retired people have lots of time to vote. The Democratic vote has many more poor and working poor, and many of them are working more than one job-they have little time to get to the polling place. Many minorities grew up not being terribly involved in the political process. Plus Democratic voters also tend to be young, and they too haven't been involved in the voting process either, they need the excitement and attention of a Presidential race to get motivated.

The upside of all this is that once somebody has voted a few times, they tend to vote more often. If they vote in a Presidential election a few times, at some point they will say, "Heck, I think I'll go down for the midterms". I don't know how many more Presidential elections the Democrats will need to get those voters into midterm voters, but at some point it is going to break that way.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:07 pm
@Real Music,
Only 40% turn out for midterm elections. Americans are too lazy and lackadaisical for their own good. They're going to wonder what hit them when Trump becomes president. And they'll still fail to look in the mirror to find out who caused this nightmare.
Just the thought that Trump will have the authority to use the nuclear bomb is scary.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:12 pm
@Real Music,
And thats what GOP fears, why the voter registration laws going into effect the minute the supreme court shut down the protections as "antiquated." Mostly, blacks and latinos need to realize their vote is not just important in the prez race but in congressional races as well. Of course the gerrymandering stacks the odds as well. The system is rigged.
The voter ID laws going in across the US. I know its an "end around" to denying the "poor" vote...so slap them in the face. Go get an ID and kick them where the sun dont shine. Dont let them deny you that way. Besides, everyone should have an ID. Its a minor issue with major reprecussions.
ossobuco

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:16 pm
@Real Music,
In many decades, I've missed two elections, one when I had just been raped, and one where I had trouble dealing with the administrative stuff, mid term. A sequence of fifty years.

In that span of time, I always voted, including mid terms.

Stop with the scolding, and vote.
cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:16 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I used to be a republican until they became the "UnAmerican Party." That was many, many, years ago. I'm now an Independent.
Blickers

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:26 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I saw a special once, where Pennsylvania has just passed that voter ID law obtainable at the Motor Vehicle Department. A very elderly black lady had to take the bus to go to the Motor Vehicle Department, wait on line to get the form, fill it out and then wait on another line before she got her card. The process took hours.

If you can get just one voter for the other side in 20 to not vote because of complications, that's going to tilt a lot of races for the House, Senate and state legislatures your way, let alone the Presidency.
Lilkanyon

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was an independant until 2010 when the GOP went off the rails in my time. Granted they have done it before. The Mariana Islands for example...Tom Delay, ect ect...but not to the obvious racist view they have today. Obama, love him or hate him, is the Frederick Douglas of our time.
Lilkanyon

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:32 pm
@Blickers,
Agree Blickers...they cant win legitimately so Jim Crow law end around.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 05:36 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Most bigots don't realize how well Obama has performed his responsibilities as our president. While most economies around the world are stagnant to losing ground, our economy continues to grow at about 2%/year. That's absolutely astonishing if one understands macroeconomics. Racial bigotry is blind and stupid.
People like Trump still believes Obama was born in Kenya. There's no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 06:15 pm
@ossobuco,
I take my hat off to you and I salute you. I have to confess that I wasn't always someone who voted. When I was younger I never voted. I have voted in every election since the early 1990s. As long as I am physically able to, I will continue to vote in every election.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 06:33 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
I just wish democrats would get off their asses and vote in every election, not just presidential election. I just had to vent out my frustration. I feel better now.

if everyone who felt that way helped one more person vote in every cycle ...

it would be great

Smile