I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

snood

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 06:37 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Real Music wrote:
I just wish democrats would get off their asses and vote in every election, not just presidential election. I just had to vent out my frustration. I feel better now.

if everyone who felt that way helped one more person vote in every cycle ...

it would be great

Smile

Amen. It's a damn shame how many people don't even bother. Like 2/3 of those who are eligible don't even register.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Sadly, bernie sanders is hoping for a youth revolution, like a rehash of the 60's. Sorry, I aint feeling that either. Hes as naive as the rest of the US, for completely different reasons. He speaks about record voter turnout, yet dems are down since Obama. He was the nut kick to all thats wrong n the GOP. Now, its just business as usual and noone is watching anymore. But noone has ever seen anyone like Trump. With all the perceived fallacies of Clinton, I truly do fear the ignorant outweighs the informed now.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 05:11 pm
Ragman wrote:
Sad to say, it's because an even more useless dung keep going to the polls and using the sole criteria to vote using the most 'familiar' names rather than using any rational criteria such as qualifications like performance..or even regular attendance.

CI wrote:
Americans are too lazy and lackadaisical for their own good

Real Music wrote:
I wish there was a constitutional amendment making it mandatory for everyone to vote every election real

lilanyon wrote:
Mostly, blacks and latinos need to realize their vote is not just important in the prez race but in congressional races as well

All this from people who, I have no doubt, believe they are far more in touch, than any conservative, with the wants and needs of not only minorities, but all everyday Americans and who consistently support the candidates of the political party that proudly touts egalitarianism as the cornerstone of its ideology and, at every opportunity, attempts to convince the electorate that it cares about people, all of them; not just the rich ones like it's major opponent.

We care about you, you lazy useless dung, so, for your own good, do what we tell you or we may have to pass a law to force you.
roger

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 05:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

We care about you, you lazy useless dung, so, for your own good, do what we tell you or we may have to pass a law to force you.

I could add that people who don't bother to vote get the government they deserve.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 09:05 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Set aside for the moment Hillary Clinton's questionable ethics, her weather-vane shifts in position, her eagerness to use force in foreign affairs, the taint that still clings to her from her husband's presidency and its regressive policies -- all that could be forgiven. But I cannot forgive Clinton for her vote in favor of the Iraq War.

To be sure, Clinton has belatedly and half-heartedly apologized for that vote, calling it a "mistake." And a mistake it certainly was -- one that cost her the White House in 2008. No doubt there are some mistakes that can be forgiven. But giving George W. Bush and his fellow brigands the authority to invade a
country that posed no threat, in full violation of international law, was the sort of enormous, mind-boggling mistake that automatically disqualified her (and every on of her colleagues who voted along with her) from ever holding higher office.

Of course, I won't be voting for any of the pack of nincompoops and scoundrels from the GOP. It would be a calamity if any of them won the presidency. But I cannot, in good conscience, support someone who was an accomplice to a war crime in the past and who could very well be the perpetrator of one in the future.
Blickers

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
It is one thing to be one of 100 Senators given two choices by the Chief Executive, after being given bad intel from agencies the Chief Executive controls. It is another to be the Chief Executive yourself and to be able to guide the situation so the decision to go to war never becomes necessary, or seemingly necessary.

Funny that Bill Clinton managed to clean up the mess in the former Yugoslavia, stop the bloodletting in the streets, and keep Russia out of Eastern Europe without losing an American life. This is the kind of road Hillary will take if she gets to be in charge, for she will be appointing the people who run the intel agencies. Bill Clinton brought us Peace and Prosperity with Hillary as his main advisor, I see no reason to think that Hillary shouldn't be able to do the same with Bill as her main advisor.
edgarblythe

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:16 pm
@Blickers,
Clinton was enthusiastic for the war with Iraq. She wants a tougher foreign policy than Obama has, as she said publicly a few months back. When you people elect her you are voting for war war and war.
maporsche

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
And when you withhold your vote for her, you're helping elect for war war war war and more war involving war crimes and carpet bombing (in the general election, I mean).
Blickers

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote Edgar:
Quote:
When you people elect her [Hillary] you are voting for war war and war.

Yet I don't recall her calling for large numbers of American boots on the ground in Iraq or Syria. And in point of fact, with American training and air support the Iraq forces are actually able to take land back from ISIS.

Do you want to be part of putting a Republican in power whose foreign policy for everything will be: Send in our troops? Because Republicans want American troops back permanently in Iraq.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 29 Mar, 2016 10:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
I can't say you're wrong, but look at the likely alternative. I might have to vote for her in the general election. I would wash my hands afterwards, but I might have to go that way.
0 Replies

oristarA

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 02:54 am
@maporsche,
Give us links to the information that shows she's warmongering. Otherwise you appear to be trolling, if not warmongering here.

edgarblythe wrote:

Clinton was enthusiastic for the war with Iraq. She wants a tougher foreign policy than Obama has, as she said publicly a few months back. When you people elect her you are voting for war war and war.

maporsche wrote:

And when you withhold your vote for her, you're helping elect for war war war war and more war involving war crimes and carpet bombing (in the general election, I mean).
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 06:22 am
As California primary nears, even Sanders supporters are uniting behind Clinton and against a common enemy: Trump

oristarA

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 06:48 am
@revelette2,

And the GOP is historically divided as to:
Cruz, Trump, Kasich refuse to commit to eventual nominee
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:41 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

What difference does it make which party commits war crimes? We as a nation are still culpable.
edgarblythe

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:44 am
I have posted links and such all over the boards about Clinton the warmonger, but Clinton supporters either don't read them or their denialism keeps them from understanding what they are reading. I will be around as a gadfly to remind you all over the next four years.
snood

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:55 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have posted links and such all over the boards about Clinton the warmonger, but Clinton supporters either don't read them or their denialism keeps them from understanding what they are reading. I will be around as a gadfly to remind you all over the next four years.

Or I will be reminding you of the results of Bernie supporters withholding their votes for a democrat and letting a clearly evil madman or dangerous huckster into the white house. Somebody's going to be reminding someone of something, that's for sure.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 07:57 am
@edgarblythe,
What difference does it make if America commits war crimes?!?!?!?!

I have a hard time believing that you typed that after really thinking about what your saying.
Blickers

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:50 am
@maporsche,
Actually, ma, what Edgar posted was:
Quote:
What difference does it make which party commits war crimes? We as a nation are still culpable.

Not the same as saying there's no difference if America commits war crimes or not. He's saying, (inaccurately, I feel), that if Hillary gets the nomination both parties will be war crime parties.
Blickers

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote Edgarblythe:
Quote:

And if Hillary does get the nomination and gets elected, I hope you don't mind too much if she continues to re-strengthen the Iraqi forces so they can continue to defeat ISIS without the use of US forces on the ground, or many of them anyway, and is able to at least bottle up the ongoing Syrian civil war without it spreading. An outright solution might not be possible.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:55 am
@Blickers,
Ok, maybe.

The war crimes I was referring to though are statements by Republican presidential candidates (Trump and Cruz) which are so obviously war crimes that even our generals say that some of our soldiers would refuse to follow those orders.

Clinton hasn't said anything close to those positions. I have zero fears that she'd commit war crimes or act unilaterally or without the consent of congress.

I don't see how anyone can say that same of the republicans.