I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Lash

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:31 am
@maporsche,
Presented with facts that change your opinion,...you just close your eyes?

Oh wait. Never mind.
Lash

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:32 am
@maporsche,
You voted for Bush, too, then.
A warhawk neocon.
maporsche

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:33 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You voted for Bush, too, then.
A warhawk neocon.

In what way?
0 Replies

snood

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:37 am
@maporsche,
Refresh my memory - didn't Bernie vote yes on the action allowing Bush to go to war in Iraq?
maporsche

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:43 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Refresh my memory - didn't Bernie vote yes on the action allowing Bush to go to war in Iraq?

Yeah, they were pretty close on the war thing if this article is correct (no idea if it is or not...again, I never much cared about their international policies)

https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/16/blood-traces-bernies-iraq-war-hypocrisy/
snood

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:50 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I never much cared about their international policies

It only becomes relevant to me when someone tries to hang Hillary's vote for the war around her neck as proof of her "war-mongering". Sauce for the goose...
Lash

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:26 pm
Completely disingenuous. That was the least evidence of her war-loving tendencies.

She'd be no more at fault than me.

0 Replies

camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:39 pm
@snood,
What about her overwhelming support and total embrace of Henry Kissinger, the great US war criminal?

Of course you, like all your land of the brave cohorts, the lovers of free and open debate, will ignore, flee this.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:41 pm
@snood,
Quote:
It only becomes relevant to me when someone tries to hang Hillary's vote for the war around her neck as proof of her "war-mongering".

That was a vote for an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, the ultimate war crime, the one that the US is, far and away, the world record holder for.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:58 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
You have a point. I voted for a man who said he'd stop drone killing and these wars we fuel in the ME. He was cheated out of the nomination by a hated neocon warhawk.

We don't fuel wars in the Middle East.

If we didn't defend ourselves with drones, a lot more innocent Americans would be murdered by the terrorists.

Lash wrote:
A guy ran into a cathedral in Paris today, and attacked a policeman with a hammer, shouting, "This is for Syria."

If he'd been killed in a dronestrike he would not have been able to harm anyone.

Lash wrote:
We don't know what it's like to live in a war zone, to watch our children starve. We're relatively untouched by that kind of murder and violence because of our natural border.

Did you forget 9/11?

We know exactly what it is like to live in a war zone, because this war started with them coming here and killing us first.

Lash wrote:
Our government is the bad guy in the world

No. Our government is the foremost of the good guys.

Lash wrote:
and we need to stop it.

If we stopped defending ourselves, we'd only suffer more 9/11 attacks.
oralloy

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:00 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I didn't see things then as I see them now--and if you see things as they are, how in the **** can you defend voting for a bloodthirsty warhawk?

Because going to war was the right thing to do.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:56 pm
@oralloy,
At least Lash is a liberal who can't stand Clinton for her actions and views and not just because she lost an election.
camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 05:34 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Why stop with your mention of voting for Bernie.

You voted for Obama. You voted for Bush. Don't pretend that you haven't voted for people who have bombed people around the world. Your vote for Bush, who has done more to create the current problem than anyone, was/is particularly disgusting.

Stop pointing your finger at virtually the only person to ever provide you folks with a much needed dose of reality.

And still you all drone on and on about "we Americans" and how bad it is for us to A. have Trump/not have Trump B. how Russia interferes in our glorious country when the US has done much more than interfere in EVERYWHERE.

Does your conceit know no limits? Do any of you possess a scintilla of compassion?

And no one discusses what Lash has to say. Lash was buried as fast as is humanly possible.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 05:36 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Because going to war was the right thing to do.

WWII is not at issue here.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 05:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gee, is that all Lash said, Finn?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 07:12 pm
@maxdancona,
One more?
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 07:19 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Re: maporsche (Post 6439988)
Presented with facts that change your opinion,...you just close your eyes?

You noticed that too, did you, Lash?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 07:29 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Lash wrote:
Our government is the bad guy in the world

No. Our government is the foremost of the good guys.
Lash wrote:
and we need to stop it.

If we stopped defending ourselves, we'd only suffer more 9/11 attacks.

I can understand some commie living in the Great White North thinking this, but not an American. Seriously Lash? "Our government is the bad guy in the world"?!

That seems way out of touch when you start looking at what is actually going on in the world. The US is the glue holding the thing together right now.
layman

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 07:30 pm
Why does Bush get all the "blame" (as cheese-eaters like to call it) for ridding Iraq of Saddam Hussein, I wonder?

It was Bill Clinton, not Bush, who signed the "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998" into law, ya know.As President, it was Bush's duty to enforce the law. Among other things, that act declared that:

Quote:
It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.
camlok

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 07:32 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Why does Bush get all the "blame" ... for ridding Iraq of Saddam Hussein, I wonder?

Bush only gets the blame for his war crimes, which included the illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.
0 Replies