I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

layman

Sat 3 Jun, 2017 03:46 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Hillary has clearly demonstrated that there is no level to which she will not stoop in rationalizing her self-absorption and greed for money and power.

I hear that a group of about 20 of the countries leading psychologists are collaborating on an exhaustive study of Hillary Clinton. Their paper (or possible book), when finished, will be called "The Criminal Mind at Work."
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sat 3 Jun, 2017 03:50 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
...becoming a somewhat ridiculous embarrassment...

Becoming? Somewhat? Ridiculous? Embarrassment?

She set sail on that ship a long time ago.
georgeob1

Sat 3 Jun, 2017 07:22 pm
@Sturgis,
OK. Change that to "more ridiculous" .

For all his impulsive use of social media and somewhat artless descriptions of the policy initiatives he is putting forward, I find Trump a very refreshing improvement over the usually vague and abstract statements to which the supposedly more intellectual Obama was given. Moreover Obama's actual actions (or lack thereof) in most cases revealed they were meaningless anyway.

The organized resistance, or more accurately prolonged Democrat hissy fit, continues, but Trump survives. This spectacle too is becoming a bit ridiculous and devoid of real meaning. I think that time is not their friend in all this wussy hyperventilating.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 3 Jun, 2017 08:24 pm
@georgeob1,
We can only hope that the Resistance endures until 2020
camlok

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 06:12 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
the supposedly more intellectual Obama was given.

Naaaaaa, you're not a rabid partisan dupe, george.

Quote:
Moreover Obama's actual actions (or lack thereof) in most cases revealed they were meaningless anyway.

Not reality challenged either.

0 Replies

camlok

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 06:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How come you never raise Obama's war crimes and terrorism, Finn? Odd that.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:26 pm
@camlok,
Because I count on you to do so, but you have been lacking in this regard of late.
camlok

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 09:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So bloody lame, Finn. You know why you haven't and won't do so and yet you bald face lie about it.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 09:40 pm
@camlok,
Really?

Why is it that I haven't?

Because I love Obama so?
camlok

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 09:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Really?

Why is it that I haven't?

Because I love Obama so?

To the last, incredibly lame part, no. Because you don't want to open that topic up for the debate it deserves. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 10:02 pm
@camlok,
And once again you refuse to clearly answer the question posed to you.

Back to ignore (Oh yes, I know this makes me a coward)
camlok

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 10:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That's as lame as farmerman. You guys throw this childish threat around like grade school kids.
oralloy

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 11:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
We can only hope that the Resistance endures until 2020

It'll endure until at least up until 2036, which will be the next election that the Democratic Party has a realistic chance of regaining the White House.

It might not endure much past the beginning of 2036 though, because the only way the Democrats will be able to seize that electoral opportunity will be if the moderates finally purge their party of all the nonconformist extremists.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 11:03 am
@oralloy,
You've made this claim before. How to you figure the GOP will hold the White House for the next 20 years?

Highly unlikely that you are correct.
oralloy

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 12:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You've made this claim before. How to you figure the GOP will hold the White House for the next 20 years?

I agree with Bannon on humanity's system of cycles. As a nation we are in a system of cycles where we periodically face a series of societal challenges. We elect a change-agent president to lead us through these challenges and the nation rallies around him, and we have a long period of societal conformity.

We're in the crisis period again, and Trump is our change-agent president. The last three such presidents were Washington, Lincoln, and FDR. 20 years in power and the general crushing of the opposing party is standard fare.

Now the bad news: The series of crises always peaks with a total war against a peer power. If we're lucky that'll be a nuclear war with North Korea. If we're not lucky it'll be with someone bigger than North Korea.

Additional bad news: Rock music and metal were the music of revolt from a previous era of nonconformity. We'll always have the music that has already been recorded, but our culture will not be producing anymore great rock music for a good long time.
oralloy

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 02:43 pm
@oralloy,
I don't know if you ever read Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, but there are some apt comparisons there.

Psychohistory is a fictitious discipline of course, but there really are currents to history, and the Democrats are going against those currents with their war against Trump.

If you are familiar with the trilogy, the Democrats are sort of in the same position right now as one of those "old orders that are about to be swept away by a new system, but just don't quite realize it yet and so keep acting as if they still have some sort of power".

The liberals of today are doomed (politically at least). They just don't realize it yet.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 07:01 pm
@camlok,
I'm sure it's at least a double-gilded, supernumerary type of ignore. They're sort of a thing.
camlok

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 08:09 pm
@Lash,
That doesn't make it any less of a childish endeavor. One you love to throw around with typical childish fervor.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 05:01 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Hillary has clearly demonstrated that there is no level to which she will not stoop in rationalizing her self-absorption and greed for money and power.

Hear hear.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 05:01 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:

Hear hear.